Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Default Green on the mind

Anyone else recently make an alt and then read the front page and think... meh i'll wait for green...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] wut do
Old 04-28-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

People who like to twink will carry on.

You wait til you're the 6th person replying to someone selling a minotaur axe for an upgrade, people aren't prepared.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:50 AM
Banned

After 9 years of p99, on and off and so on I dont think I have the heart to play on Green.

Its kinda like with SWGEmu years ago. I was having a gay ass old time in the world making whatever and whenever and accumulated enough resources to keep on going for whatever alt that tickled my dick. But then they wiped the server to apply a gigantic patch.

All my characters gone
All my blasters, rifles and melee weapons galore just gone.
I never could get back into SWGemu since then. Its been a long time too and that urge is just not there anymore.

I imagine Green also being that trigger, an end of an era. The population will get split either being a blessing or a curse depending on where your flag is. And while nothing will be wiped it still feels like the end.

Green is a mistake from my point of view.
In various discords there are people planning way way ahead, 1 bard, 5 leeches, zones to pick and what ever else. I know over in RnF I was kidding about a raid filled with level 20-30s for ass/sup with mage summoned weapons but its going to be a reality. I had a few alts in the pipe gathering misc belts and chips to PL to early teens and now I figure.. meh.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Avoid the first wave (or level casually), admit defeat on a guise/manastone and there's still potential for it to be good.

People spending a lot of time thinking about guises and manastones. Remember your guise is going to be stuck on a character with 2-3 x's (or some weird spelling) at the end of their name by the time the server rolls back into blue (or red) <3
Old 04-28-2019, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

lmao green will be great fun i think we all just need to relax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9LzMHEhO4
Old 04-28-2019, 06:43 AM
Kobold

With all the poop socking that will go on over on green, I think I'll stay on blue.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Banned

Yah I will stay on blue too - sorry: see sig, I don't want to make more toons. I'm too old for starting over and over.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

I think I'm just too casual to compete with the inevitable tidal wave of poopsockers. Unless they extend the time that guises drop or something I just don't see a point in playing green.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avoid the first wave (or level casually), admit defeat on a guise/manastone and there's still potential for it to be good.

People spending a lot of time thinking about guises and manastones. Remember your guise is going to be stuck on a character with 2-3 x's (or some weird spelling) at the end of their name by the time the server rolls back into blue (or red) <3
Pretty much my thoughts. However, if I admit defeat on a guise, I have no reason to go green.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:14 AM
Kobold

I'm surprised so many people seem a bit down on green, I can't wait to start over. I never got to experience launch on Live, or here on P99, so I'm excited to embrace the chaos. Plus, it'll be cool to see a lot of loot have meaning again. A lot of zones and a lot of drops just get ignored on blue.