Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-16-2018, 06:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NexusTK Old music (Tiger)

I'm pretty sure this music played throughout one of the main 2 towns in Nexus back in the late 90s and maybe early 2000s. There were only 4 main classes in the game, but 3 or 4 subclasses for each main class. Most of the subpaths were player run with heavy roleplay and politics. Player run special events with decent prizes were constant when the game was more popular. PVP "Carnages" with 4 teams were usually the most popular events. Everybody on the winning team won 1 nice piece of loot each if I remember correctly. Occasionally world changing events would occur and affect all the main areas of the game for a time until players solved the problem etc or helped a Gm run princess or King solve it. Graphics were never too exciting but most of the people in the classic era thought it was FUN. Personally, I played both a rogue and mage to about level 90. I never got to experience a subpath but had some good interactions with a few like when I needed to check my karma level with a diviner mage or get price checks from merchant rogues. Participated in around 10 pvp carnages probably, several "fox hunts", a few raffles, trivia contests, & poetry readings. I think I played around Yuri 28 to 40ish in game? 1998 to 2000 Earth time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good fun before I gor into EQ shortly after Kunark was released.

From wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexu...m_of_the_Winds:

"" NEXUS: The Kingdom of the Winds (Korean: 바람의 나라), alternately known as Nexus TK or simply Nexus, is a pay to play MMORPG, currently run in the US by Kru Interactive. Nexus began as a U.S. version of the Korean game 바람의 나라 (Baramue Nara, or simply Baram) developed by NEXON Inc. of Korea, and is loosely based on Korean mythology and on a series of graphic novels by an artist named Kim Jin. Development of Baram began in Korea in 1994 and the game was released on April 5, 1996.[1] One year later, it also entered beta in the United States, going commercial in 1998. In 2005, the US subsidiary of NEXON changed its name to Kru Interactive and took over running Nexus, Dark Ages, and Shattered Galaxy as an independent company.[2] Most of the employees of the subsidiary were laid off but the management remained the same as it was when the company was a subsidiary of NEXON.

NexusTK is set in a land similar, geographically, to the Three Kingdoms of Korea. Other lands such as Han and Ilbon, though not present in the game itself, are often referenced. In addition to the three kingdoms, there are nine villages in which a player may live. Three exist for each kingdom, containing houses which players may rent for a fee. Homes may be customized as a player sees fit using "floor plans" offered for homes of different sizes.

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of Nexus TK is its tightly knit social architecture and ability for players to rise to prominence in important community roles. Guilds (known as clans) cannot be freely created, and come into being through a months-long process in which the clan's leadership and growing membership pass numerous in-game trials to prove their worth. Since the game went online, only 19 clans have been founded. Clans are rewarded with custom locations, NPCs and items in-game. Each class (known as a path) has three player-led sub-paths, each with its own council of dedicated players. Like clans, sub-paths have special abilities, locations, NPCs, and items, and are entirely player-controlled.

Even the game itself is partially player-run, with a very small number of Game Masters (often one) in charge of the game, and a much larger number of staff-elected players known as "Archons" controlling game affairs. Players also run the in-game justice system, a class-based tutelage system, scheduled in-game PVP events, and even, to a small extent, the kingdoms themselves. It is not rare for prominent players to hold such positions for as long as a decade. Players in positions of power and players who are not often find themselves at odds, and throughout the game's history there have been many accusations of nepotism and unfair treatment, however, never with any serious effects. All community roles are heavily steeped in roleplay within the numerous interwoven player-written canons for each clan and subpath. ""
It's still active btw. I used to play about a year ago. I was an il san Spy.

Good times.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's still active btw. I used to play about a year ago. I was an il san Spy.

Good times.
Nice! I heard of or read a little bit about some interesting drama, politics, machinations, & backstabbing going on sometimes with the spies of the Kingdoms. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What in-game time was your Il San spy born? Did you ever play back in the 90s or early 2000s?

Did ya ever try playing with the Indonesians on the free Playnexia server? Did the official server feel dead when you were playing? Or was it okay for the high level players like you?
Last edited by Asteria; 10-16-2018 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Small additions
Old 10-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Banned

Default Green Day: "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" - [Official Video]

Green Day: "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" - [Official Video]

Definitely not from my glory days but somebody in the past few years helped introduce me to some of this more modern punk rock. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines
Of what's fucked up and everything's alright
Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk a...

'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah
Ah-ah, ah-ah

I walk alone
I walk a...

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk a...

'Til then I walk alone...
Old 10-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice! I heard of or read a little bit about some interesting drama, politics, machinations, & backstabbing going on sometimes with the spies of the Kingdoms. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What in-game time was your Il San spy born? Did you ever play back in the 90s or early 2000s?

Did ya ever try playing with the Indonesians on the free Playnexia server? Did the official server feel dead when you were playing? Or was it okay for the high level players like you?
I don't remember my born date, but I always thought it was cool that you actually had to RP to get invited into a subclass, so you actually had to act like a spy. Dead drops and everything.

I played back in 1999 (and I think earlier?). I actually got banned and they called my parents one night at midnight and told them their child was involved with the Russian mafia. I promise that's true. It was so surreal.

What actually happened is me and an IRL friend were poking around with passwords and found out they had a global password that worked for all accounts.

Even GM accounts.

That password? 'ssap" Pass backwards.

We logged into so many accounts and stole so much stuff.

Then logged into a GM account and spawned hundreds of invulnerable mobs that killed everyone in Buya. It was absolutely insane.

We think we caused the God War event because they had to make it look like it was on purpose.

The live server has like maybe 300 people on at peak. Everyone is high level. There are also people who have been playing for 10+ years and nearly impossible to catch up with now.
Last edited by ScaringChildren; 10-16-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Old 10-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Banned

Smile "I'm a Believer" (1966) - The Monkees

"I'm a Believer" (1966) - The Monkees

Same song that was covered famously by Smashmouth in the 1st Shrek movie in 2001, but this is the original composed by Neil Diamond and performed by the Monkees.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:05 PM
Banned

Default Do you like good music?

Arthur Conley - "Sweet Soul Music" (1967)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Soul_Music

"Sweet Soul Music" is a soul song, first released by Arthur Conley in 1967. Written by Conley and Otis Redding, it is based on the Sam Cooke song "Yeah Man" from his posthumous album Shake; the opening riff is a quote from Elmer Bernstein's score for the 1960 movie The Magnificent Seven.

It reached the number two spot on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the Billboard R&B chart and number 7 on the UK Singles Chart.[2] J. W. Alexander, Cooke's business partner, sued both Redding and Conley for appropriating the melody. A settlement was reached in which Cooke's name was added to the writer credits, and Redding agreed to record some songs in the future from Kags Music, a Cooke–Alexander enterprise.[citation needed]
Lyrics

The song is an homage to soul music. The following songs are mentioned in the lyrics:

"Going to a Go-Go", by the Miracles; the group is not explicitly mentioned.
"Love Is a Hurtin' Thing", by Lou Rawls
"Hold On, I'm Comin'", by Sam & Dave
"Mustang Sally", by Wilson Pickett
"Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa", by Otis Redding. A brief instrumental version of the chorus for the song is quoted, after Conley says, "Hit it, Otis".

Additionally, James Brown is described as "the king of them all".[3]

At the end of the song, Arthur Conley sings, "Otis Redding got the feeling."

ARTHUR CONLEY
"Sweet Soul Music"

Do you like good music
That sweet soul music
Just as long as it's swingin'
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Out here on the floor now
We're going to a go go
Ah dancin to the music
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Lou Rawls y'all
Ah don't he look tall y'all
Singin' loves a hurtin' thing now
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Sam and Dave now
Ah don't they look boss y'all
Singin' hold on I'm comin'
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Wilson Pickett
That wicked picket Pickett
Singin Mustang Sally
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on Otis Redding now
Singing fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Spotlight on James Brown now
He's the king of them all, yeah
He's the king of them all, yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Old 10-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Banned

Cool A PSA brought to you by the Paul Revere Band in 1966

Paul Revere and The Raiders - "Kicks" 1966

Jeff Lucky
Jeff Lucky
3 years ago
" I love the Go-Go dancers. Why aren't there Go-Go dancers in music videos today?

Jesuz, does this song take me back. Hey! Boys and girls....did you know that we were free back then? Yes we were. Everything fun wasn't illegal then and we didn't even hurt everyone's feelings with every fucking thing we said and did. No one was offended because most people were not dumb.

I'm glad I'm old. I feel sorry for you young fuckers. You are so screwed. No fun today "

"Kicks"

Girl, you thought you found the answer
On that magic carpet ride last night
But when you wake up in the mornin'
The world still gets you uptight

Well, there's nothin' that you ain't tried
To fill the emptiness inside
But when you come back down, girl
Still ain't feelin' right

And don't it seem like
Kicks just keep gettin' harder to find
And all your kicks ain't bringin' you peace of mind
Before you find out it's too late, girl
You better get straight

No, but not with kicks
You just need help, girl

Well you think you're gonna find yourself
A little piece of paradise
But it ain't happened yet
So girl, you better think twice

Don't you see, no matter what you do
You'll never run away from you
And if you keep on runnin'
You'll have to pay the price

And don't it seem like
You better get straight

No, you don't need kicks
To help you face the world each day
That road goes nowhere
I'm gonna help you find yourself another way

(Oh, you don't need kicks, girl)
(You just need help, girl)
You better get straight

And don't it seem like
(Oh, you don't need kicks, girl)
(You just need help, girl)
You better get straight
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/paul...ers/kicks.html

Considered one of the earliest anti-drug songs, "Kicks" was composed and released during an era in which pro-hippie, pro-experimentation, and other counterculture themes were gaining popularity on U.S. FM radio stations.[3] The song's message was consequently perceived as outdated by the emerging youth counterculture, as popular artists ranging from The Beatles to Jefferson Airplane had written songs whose themes sharply contrasted that of "Kicks."[3] However, the song has received generally positive reviews by music critics in the decades since its release.[4][5][6] In 2004, "Kicks" was ranked number 400 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicks_%28song%29
Old 10-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default "Lies" (1965) - The Knickerbockers

"Lies" (1965) - The Knickerbockers

Lies, lies, you're telling
Me that you'll be true
Lies, lies, that's all
I ever get from you

Tears, tears, I she'd
A million tears for you
Tears, tears, and now
You're loving someone new

Someday, I'm gonna be happy
But I don't know when just now
Lies, lies, breaking my heart

You think that
You're such a smart girl
And I'll believe what you say
But who do you think you are
Girl, to lead me on this way, hey
http://www.metrolyrics.com/lies-lyri...erbockers.html
Old 10-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Banned

Cool The Steve Miller Band has STILL got it!

Take The Money And Run (Live from The Pacific Amphitheater, Costa Mesa) in 2018

"Take the Money and Run" is a song recorded in 1976 by the Steve Miller Band. A song about two young (possibly teenage) bandits and the police officer pursuing them, it was one of the many hit singles produced by the Steve Miller Band in the 1970s and featured on Fly Like an Eagle. The song peaked at #11 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in July 1976[1] and also charted well in Australia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_t..._and_Run_(song)

This here's a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue
Two young lovers with nothin' better to do
Than sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube
And here is what happened when they decided to cut loose

They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso
That's where they ran into a great big hassle
Billy Joe shot a man while robbing his castle
Bobbie Sue took the money and run

Go on take the money and run

Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas
You know he knows just exactly what the facts is
He ain't gonna let those two escape justice
He makes his livin' off of the people's taxes

Bobbie Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away
Billy Joe caught up to her the very next day
They got the money, hey
You know they got away
They headed down south and they're still running today
Singin' go on take the money and run

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/stev...neyandrun.html
Old 10-19-2018, 04:32 AM
Banned

Default The Guess Who - "American Woman" (1970)

The Guess Who - "American Woman" (1970)

The music and lyrics of the song were improvised on stage during a concert in Southern Ontario, Canada[9] (the guitarist, Randy Bachman, recalled it being in Kitchener;[10] Burton Cummings, the lead singer, said it was at the Broom and Stone, a curling rink in Scarborough that was used for concerts).[11] Bachman was playing notes while tuning his guitar after replacing a broken string, and he realised he was playing a new riff that he wanted to remember. He continued playing it and the other band members returned to the stage and joined in, creating a jam session in which Cummings improvised the lyrics.[10] They noticed a kid with a cassette recorder making a bootleg recording and asked him for the tape.[12] They listened to the tape and noted down the words that Cummings had extemporized, and which he later revised.[11]

The song's lyrics have been the matter of debate, often interpreted as an attack on U.S. politics (especially the draft). Cummings, who composed the lyrics, said in 2013 that they had nothing to do with politics. "What was on my mind was that girls in the States seemed to get older quicker than our girls and that made them, well, dangerous. When I said 'American woman, stay away from me,' I really meant 'Canadian woman, I prefer you.' It was all a happy accident."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Woman

"American Woman"
American woman, stay away from me
American woman, mama, let me be
Don't come a-hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now woman, I said stay away
American woman, listen what I say

American woman, get away from me
American woman, mama, let me be