Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are wizards so low? I would think they would be very desirable for groups that have a pet as the main tank. Yes a few more wizards might be /anon so they don't get bothered for ports but probably no more than 2-3 more than other classes.
I think they are going to be a lot more attractive come kunark for sure. They have some awful big zones there.

Part of it is mages are much easier to play, and honestly are much stronger than wizards for a long time. It isn't until maybe the 40's that I think you might say I'd rather have a wizard than a mage in a group, except for ports. And stuns too I guess.

Well on live during 1999 you might have said that. Not sure what is going on with the pets at higher levels here.
Last edited by Halladar; 12-01-2009 at 02:40 AM..
Old 12-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably neither the time nor the place, and I'm sure I'll be booed away, but I want to make my opinion known once again that there should be no exp penalty for hybrid classes. It was an obviously horrible concept implemented stupidly by Verant and redacted later.
Totally agree on the 40%. I gave up my Paladin (and 1999). Would be back if this was removed......just seems masochistic to re-add such a hated and unnecessary penalty.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they are going to be a lot more attractive come kunark for sure. They have some awful big zones there.

Part of it is mages are much easier to play, and honestly are much stronger than wizards for a long time. It isn't until maybe the 40's that I think you might say I'd rather have a wizard than a mage in a group, except for ports. And stuns too I guess.

Well on live during 1999 you might have said that. Not sure what is going on with the pets at higher levels here.
Wizards will get more in demand as the raid targets get bigger. I was a wizard on live. As I understand it, mages had a few problems on raids there:

- pets broke mez
- pets died to AE
- mages couldn't do damage to target with nukes due to resists
- mages couldn't sustain nuking because they didn't have concussion

Meanwhile, a wizard could always find a damage type that would work with the target, we could manage agro with concussion, and we even got bane spells with Velious.

I love the mage class, but I have no illusions about the long term viability remaining as it is now on p99.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just remembered one other thing that factors into this. Pathing and running. If mobs run away here like they did on live, snare is huge. If they don't, it obviously won't be. I don't necessarily take mobs running as a given, since in Shard of Dalaya they definitely didn't for the most part. The low level mobs seem to run here just fine, though.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned

Yeah SoD doesn't/didn't have fear pathing code, P99 does!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jereziah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are partially broken. Every 5th or so twist will get stuck and you'll have to perform a mini-spam to unstick the song. That, and the fact that of all the classes, they are by far and away the latest to blossom. Early on you're literally standing there with a song on and auto-attacking, that's entirely it. This, coupled with the -40% experience for being a hybrid really makes the class undesirable right now. If that wasn't enough, range on the songs right now seems to be broken as well, you have to be within 5 actual feet of the bard to receive the song affect, something I don't recall being the case before. Granted, it would appear Selo's has a larger affect, and rightly so.

Seems like I just bashed my own class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have a necro I play when I need a change, so I understand the pet-class desirability.

And, as Xaxiyn (above) pointed out, a lot of players are leveling a pet class first as they are twice as fast, then turning around and farming to twink out one of the harder melee-types to play, making their 2nd go through quicker and more fun. I expect as more reach 50 we'll see bards, sk's, pal's and monks increase in numbers.
I played a bard up to 6 before the melee fix. At 6 it was getting very easy to get experience at bb. I could have leveled up further. The hitpoint regen song was nice. I was really enjoying him. I didn't even know he had an exp penalty.

All those people that like complaining about everything... if you want to shoot something, go find an isolated barn somewhere and shoot yourself. It'll make the world here a better place. Plus, in heaven everyone is level 50 and ubba and suiciders go to heaven.
Last edited by stormlord; 12-01-2009 at 08:07 AM..
Closed Thread