Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Bards are partially broken. Every 5th or so twist will get stuck and you'll have to perform a mini-spam to unstick the song. That, and the fact that of all the classes, they are by far and away the latest to blossom. Early on you're literally standing there with a song on and auto-attacking, that's entirely it. This, coupled with the -40% experience for being a hybrid really makes the class undesirable right now. If that wasn't enough, range on the songs right now seems to be broken as well, you have to be within 5 actual feet of the bard to receive the song affect, something I don't recall being the case before. Granted, it would appear Selo's has a larger affect, and rightly so.

Seems like I just bashed my own class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have a necro I play when I need a change, so I understand the pet-class desirability.

And, as Xaxiyn (above) pointed out, a lot of players are leveling a pet class first as they are twice as fast, then turning around and farming to twink out one of the harder melee-types to play, making their 2nd go through quicker and more fun. I expect as more reach 50 we'll see bards, sk's, pal's and monks increase in numbers.
Last edited by Jereziah; 11-30-2009 at 03:23 PM..
Orc

Bards are riddled with bugs and have a 40% xp penalty.
Planar Protector

exp penalty on bards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PAladins aren't lacking imo/.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there are fewer rangers. Worst thing that ever happened to that class was letting druids have track.
I hadn't thought about that before--interesting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it that bards are so scarce? lol
I really liked playing a bard back in the day. Maybe I should consider one again.
Xav, my brother plays a bard and loves the class. We often get a "I love bards" message from other group members as well. It is a fun class to play if one can manage the issues that Jereziah mentioned. As for the hybrid exp penalty, it is a bummer; however, it is not so noticeable when the two of us play, as I play a paladin with the same -40%.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

I was actually checking the server at various times over the weekend to see who's playing what and this is what I found.

In the morning there were between 8-12 of each class playing except for ranger (there were 3 rangers).

Later on in the day I checked again and actually wrote down the following:

18 mages
15 necros
11 enchanters
10 warriors
10 druids
9 clerics
9 shaman
9 shadow knights
9 monks
9 rogues
8 paladins
8 bards
5 rangers

( EDIT: Apparently I somehow left out wizards... honestly can't say what number turned up for them.)

Now actually the almost doubling of the ranger population was due to the fact that a few people were offering free gear (like a PGT for example) to anyone playing a ranger so when I checked the same original 3 rangers were online and there were 2 additional level 2 halfling rangers in Misty Thicket.

Of course, this is in no way scientific as I only checked twice but I would imagine that you will find a similar spread throughout the day and a higher portion of solo classes late at night camping rare spawns.
Last edited by guineapig; 11-30-2009 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: forgot wizards DOH!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

I would just like to add that I too love bards and for single adds bards make much more efficient CC than my own class. I don't mind saying that at all cause it's the simple truth. (When you get multiple adds that's where my class becomes a real life saver.)

Also, I've only grouped with one ranger so far on the server and he was our MT. We didn't have a single problem with him tanking. Had a bard spamming heal song, mobs were getting slowed and debuffed, team was hasted, ranger was able to keep agro just fine and had the PGT proc-ing at a good rate it seemed to save a little on heals and add a little to DPS. Had a druid doing heals and some damage. That was it, just the 4 of us in Guk and we did great. Don't hate the ranger!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Class breakdown is something along these lines... although I haven't done a /who all class to verify.

High
Magician
Necromancer
Druid
Shaman

Med
Cleric
Warrior
Shadow Knight
Paladin
Enchanter

Low
Wizard
Rogue
Bard
Ranger
Old 11-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for the input, everyone. Feel free to keep posting your opinions and observations! =)
Old 11-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now actually the almost doubling of the ranger population was due to the fact that a few people were offering free gear (like a PGT for example) to anyone playing a ranger so when I checked the same original 3 rangers were online and there were 2 additional level 2 halfling rangers in Misty Thicket.

Halfing Rangers? They weren't in classic and you can't make a halfing ranger here, they must have been ghosts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Be afraid!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

This is probably neither the time nor the place, and I'm sure I'll be booed away, but I want to make my opinion known once again that there should be no exp penalty for hybrid classes. It was an obviously horrible concept implemented stupidly by Verant and redacted later.
Closed Thread