Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I recall, FD would break a charm, if you were FD for like 2 minutes. I cannot remember exactly at what point in the timeline it worked like this. For that matter, you lost all pets if you were FD for too long. I will research it more and see what I can put together.

Haynar
FD broke charmed pets.

Staying feigned with summoned pet for 2 min or more the pet poofed, but this was either late in kunark or early velious.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFuj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD broke charmed pets.

Staying feigned with summoned pet for 2 min or more the pet poofed, but this was either late in kunark or early velious.
Yea they made pet poof if you stayed feign death more than a few minutes, but wasn't it a bit later. Luclin?

edit: still remember the uproar of the necro population when they did it. Bastards!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea they made pet poof if you stayed feign death more than a few minutes, but wasn't it a bit later. Luclin?

edit: still remember the uproar of the necro population when they did it. Bastards!
You might be right, could def be luclin.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Sarnak

It was before kunark, because I changed classes before Kunark and I remember it affecting my necro, which I only played during classic.

Iirc, summoned pet poofed after prolonged FD some time after or around sky. Charmed pets instantly broke on FD from release through Kunark, and possibly beyond.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was before kunark, because I changed classes before Kunark and I remember it affecting my necro, which I only played during classic.

Iirc, summoned pet poofed after prolonged FD some time after or around sky. Charmed pets instantly broke on FD from release through Kunark, and possibly beyond.
negative
Old 02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

I'll bet you a manastone that I'm right and you're wrong about FD breaking charm.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Developer

I bet if you find me something that says how it really should be, I can make it like that too.

I dare ya to post "negative" again without something to back it up.

I am doing fixes for necros, FD, pets, etc., right now. I can move on to the other issues, if you want me to put this stuff on hold. Or you can try to help me out, and not make me spend all my time researching stuff on my own. The more time I have to research, the less time I can actually code stuff and test.

Haynar
Old 02-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not for long.

Haynar
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Or you can try to help me out, and not make me spend all my time researching stuff on my own. The more time I have to research, the less time I can actually code stuff and test.

Haynar
What informations do you need Haynar?

On charm breaking with feign death and inv i gave a link posted in 2001.

On charm being based on level and magic resist i tried to find something but evry time i find a post in a forum the link is broken. But i am 100% positive that necro charm wasn't based on charisma... i even remember that it was confirmed by verant.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the clarification.
It was just one of those things I stumbled on, when I was testing some stuff with charm parking mobs. I hit the button to make my charmed pet go away, and was like, wow, this shouldn't do this. So its been on my list of things to work on, but has not been a priority.

Haynar