Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 10:03 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best logic for this. Nobody back in the day did this. There is ZERO evidence it was a thing. This alone should make it so that it gets removed from P99.

Too bad the devs aren't passionate about this project anymore.
Do not bash devs, only warning.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Bump, any hit should interrupt a bind.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Banned

Bind wound in combat here is definitely bug abuse lol
Old 06-01-2020, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Dolalin's evidence against combat bind wound is rock solid and matches my own memories of the era. I mostly played a Monk back then and did a lot of soloing. I was also reading the Monkly Business forums pretty much daily. There was ZERO discussion from Monks across all servers of combat bind wound. Zero. It's such a powerful tactic that if it had existed back then it would have been literally the first thing emphasized when discussing Monk solo tactics. But it's simply nonexistent in the record.

And that's quite simply because it did not exist. It should definitely be removed from all P1999 servers.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dolalin's evidence against combat bind wound is rock solid and matches my own memories of the era. I mostly played a Monk back then and did a lot of soloing. I was also reading the Monkly Business forums pretty much daily. There was ZERO discussion from Monks across all servers of combat bind wound. Zero. It's such a powerful tactic that if it had existed back then it would have been literally the first thing emphasized when discussing Monk solo tactics. But it's simply nonexistent in the record.

And that's quite simply because it did not exist. It should definitely be removed from all P1999 servers.
As a dwarf warrior currently soloing through 42, and having soloed from 1-42 using this, it's pretty unclassic and should be removed.

Maybe then I'll have to group.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was looking at the Bind Wound code in EQEmu and it looks like a bit of a pain in the arse to modify. It's not set up to be 'interruptible'. Ideally you'd have a combat hit check that whether the player were in a "Binding Wound" state and interrupt that state. But it seems in EQEmu the bind wound process is simply timer driven? I'm no C++ guru though. That's probably why this hasn't been fixed yet I'm guessing, P99's code is probably mostly the same.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...ient.cpp#L2767
Reading it, I think it might actually be as easy as calling BindWound(NULL, false, true) on the client getting hit when you want to signal you're interrupting bind wounds. Passing in the fail flag causes it to check if the timer is enabled and if so immediately go to the "You have moved" failure branch which turns off the timer and sends the failure message packet.

More annoying would be to find all of the places where a condition might interrupt you. If its all HP damage and nothing else, it might be easiest to make SetHP virtual and override the client implementation to check if HP is decreasing, then attempt to interrupt Bind Wounds if it is and the timer is enabled. That will block the ability to inline the function though, and SetHP is going to be highly performance sensitive since HP changing is a very frequent occurrence. Given all the other stuff that's going on in the combat loop its probably ok, just something to keep an eye on and maybe profile a bit.

If resisted AOEs or getting hit with nondamaging stuff is also supposed to interrupt, you would need to find those locations and stick calls to BindWound.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Fully resisted spells and non damaging spells that don't have a stun/move component shouldn't interrupt bandaging i don't think. That said this really needs fixed/made classic/ People have completely distorted view of melee on p99 because this non-classic mechanic exists.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fully resisted spells and non damaging spells that don't have a stun/move component shouldn't interrupt bandaging i don't think. That said this really needs fixed/made classic/ People have completely distorted view of melee on p99 because this non-classic mechanic exists.
It's pretty terrible, hope they fix it soon.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

I mean really it just needs to be if anything breaks your character’s squat (/stand, looting a corpse, getting hit, etc): if the character stands the bandaging stops.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Developer

FYI This fix went in with the recent server reset and will be in the patch notes when the time comes.