Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that the gnome clickly haste is good... but not enough to loose the iksar innate regen, iksar innate AC bonus combined with the str difference between the two races.
Iksars will actually have the worst str of any war race because they can’t use cobalt boots for solo play. And gnomes tinkering armor also has a 30 str buff that stacks with boots. So a gnome will have at least 45 more str than an iksar when buffed. 45 str + 30 more Dex from the clicky armor + 40% haste blows iksar measly ac and regen outta the water for solo play.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

To your point on Iksar, AC and Regen are 2 of the top things for solo melee play. AC plays a big part in group/solo content to get hit for less and any more regen helps lessen downtime, especially with combat-bind-wound nerfed. Not being able to use Cobalt stinks but it's really not that big of a deal.

I'll give it to gnomes for that haste clicky. Eyepatch is great though and BiS outside of raiding stat wise.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

Iksars have less potential dps than every other race. https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing...s_of_Fennin_Ro
Old 10-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars have less potential dps than every other race. https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing...s_of_Fennin_Ro
Lol hey Naeth.
Doesn't stack with Grim Aura so only a net gain of 3 attack.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Gloves are worn atk not a spell.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Default Yeah I'm crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing things 40% faster means taking 40% less damage. Think about that.

Iksar do look cool though. And I've heard you can overwrite your normal warrior kick to use the flying kick animation if you are into that sort of thing.

It really just comes down to how much you want to solo. If you are playing a warrior specifically to solo then you aren't really doing it "right" anyways so who cares what you pick.
I wish your first statement was true; I really do, but having 40% faster haste does not mean you're taking 40% less damage. Shocking, no?
Lets break it down.
- For an easy to use calculatior go to https://gaming.invisibill.net/eq/hastecalc.html.
Current attack rate
Delay * --------------------- = Effective Delay
Hasted attack rate

"Your current attack rate is 100%. This is the standard speed at which you attack. Your hasted attack rate is your standard 100% attack rate, plus whatever rate increase you have from your haste item/song/spell. Dividing the current attack rate by the hasted attack rate gives you the factor by which your delay decreases. For example, 30% haste gives a factor of .769. With 30% haste, your delay would effectively be .769 of the weapon's stated delay. If your weapon had a stated delay of 24, a 30% haste item would give your weapon an effective delay of 24 * .769, or 18.46."

- Regarding an iksar AC bonus look at the following three links:
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/c...ksar_bonus_ac/
and
https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar
and
http://https://www.project1999.com/f...d.php?t=283237
Scroll to the bottom of the first page for the most comprehensive, indepth armor calculations I've ever been able to find that apply to p99.

For simplicity sake of calculating, we'll use a crappy 40/40 reaver and have 30% worn haste (just for ease of calculation); also say you're fighting a mob that does 30 dmg per second and it takes 100 seconds to kill said mob with no worn haste.

-Without haste, you're looking at taking 30 dmg each second for 100 seconds = 3,000 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% you're taking a weapon of 40 dly down to 30.76 delay; effectively 31 dly. At 31 dly you're looking at a reduction of swing speed of 22%. 30 dps x 78 seconds = 2,340 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% + armor click haste of 40% on a 40 dly weapon you're down to 23.52 dly; effective delay of 24 which is a reduction of swing speed of 40%. 30 dps x 60 seconds = 1,800 dmg taken.

With the warrior AC softcap at 510 and iksars receiving an innate bonus of 35 ac (1 ac per level capped at lvl 35); this means iksars at lvl 35 will have an effective ac of 545 compared to 510 for another warrior; a reduction of 6.5% Instead of taking 30 dmg per second, you'll be taking 28.05 dmg per second.

- Worn haste of 30%, dly of 40 = 31 dly. 28 dps taken x 78 seconds = 2,184 dmg taken.

So comparing 2,184 damage taken as an iksar to a gnome who is taking 1,800 dmg, it appears that over the same period a cog hasted gnome is taking 17.6% less damage during the same period - less than half of the 40% listed haste increase.

BUT - and heres the key to soloing in EQ - you're not factoring in static regeneration comparative to the damage taken over time.

At lvl 35, an iksar with a fungi tunic will be standing and will regen 17 hp a tick (2.83 regen per second) . At level 60, it goes up to 27 hp a tick ( 4.5 a second) standing. A gnome at lvl 35 with a fungi will regen 16 standing a tick (2.67 a second) ; at level 60 they regen 19 a tick ( 3.17 a second) standing.

To apply that to the earlier figures, during a fight at lvl 35 with a base 30 dps monster fought for 100 seconds, a gnome with worn 30, click 40 haste will take 27.33 dmg a second (regen factored in) for 60 seconds = 1,640 dmg taken = 27.33 dmg a second taken a second.

An iksar for the same fight at lvl 35, will be taking 25.22 a second x 78 seconds =1,968 dmg taken = 25.22 damage second taken.

So at 35 you will kill faster but you will end up taking 2.11 more dmg per second as a gnome compared to an iksar. This is not calculating in the out of combat numbers either - additional regen you have while pulling/sitting along with the sliding scale that goes up when fighting 2 or 3 mobs simultaneously. In addition to these factors, you are not factoring in the time you will take running from the best xp spots (dungeons) to vendors in order to recharge your Cog arms. Or even the plat it costs you to do so.

Now for the real fun. Level 60.

At level 60, a gnome will regen 19 a tick with a fungi standing - 3.17 regen per second. 30 dmg per second from a mob minus 3.17 is 26.84 dmg per second taken x 60 seconds is 1,610 dmg taken over 60 seconds.

An iksar at level 60 will regen 27 a tick standing - 4.5 regen a second. 28.05 dmg per second minus 4.5 is 23.55 dmg per second x 78 seconds is 1,837 dmg over 78 seconds.

At level 35 the iksar takes 2.11 less dmg per second; at level 60 that jumps to 3.29 less dmg per second.

As a solo warrior, what is the probability that you will be pulling only singles? Pretty damn low. I've leveled 4 warriors over 10 years and most of the time you have 2-4 mobs on you at once.

Lets run the numbers for 2 simultaneous mobs at lvl 35 for both a gnome and iksar.

- A gnome will be taking 57.33 dmg per second for the first 60 seconds it takes to kill mob 1; then he will take 27.33 dmg for the next 60 seconds to kill mob 2. 60 x 57.33 = 3,440 dmg plus 27.33 x 60 (1,640) = 5080 total damage taken over 120 seconds for a total of 42.33 dmg taken per second at level 35 vrs 2 mobs.
- An iksar at 35 will take 53.27 dmg per second for the first 78 seconds; then 25.22 dmg per second for the remaining 78 seconds. 53.72 x 78 = 4,190 + 25.22 x 78 = 6,158 total tdamage taken over 156 seconds for a total of 39.47 dmg taken per second at lvl 35 vrs 2 mobs.

So you're taking 2.86 less dmg per second (9.1%) as an iksar compared to a gnome. Why is this so important as a solo warrior? Because if you're not using Kiva's damage shield potions to solo as a warrior you shouldn't be playing this game. Or atleast making arguments in a solo warrior thread. Damage shield pots in the 30s will be doing 30% + of your damage vrs multiple mobs. With higher ac, those hits at lvl 35 that would hit for 40 instead hit for 35 or so. Each time the mob hits you at lvl 35, your Kiva potion will be doing 18 dmg back to it. Starting to see why taking less dmg per hit and per second is so damn important?

I've ran out of steam; forgive me for not doing the damage shield potion exact numbers. If you want to run the numbers at lvl 60 as a solo warrior, you'll see that you'll be taking about 16% less dmg per hit with iksar's increased regen. Thats huge. Especially when your Kiva's potion is now doing 31 dmg per strike.

Things not factored in that make Iksars even better:
1) Iksars abilities are static and you don't have to worry about recharging your cog arms (time and plat wasted).
2) The math I did above assumes that you will be getting 100% of the usage out of the haste on your Cog arms click. What happens after you pull 2 or 3 mobs... why, you gotta go pull more. The time you spend going to pull mobs and then bring them back to a safe place to kill them is time your cog arm haste is not being factored into the DPS taken / DPS received equations but trust me its a lot. Most people would say 10-20% of the time spent camping stuff is spent pulling mobs back (many zones when soloing you don't want to engage where the mobs are because of pathers, spawns etc). Thats a huge reduction in the efficiency of the cog arms. Iksars, on the other hand, have their AC and Regen activated 100% of the time.
3) Leading off point 2, while pulling an iksar warrior continues to have his innate regen active and working. While a gnome who is pulling is loosing dmg taken efficiency, an iksar who is pulling is gaining damage taken efficiency over time.

Sorry for the wall of text but it bugs me when people try to say attacking 40% faster means 40% less damage taken. As you can see, that is clearly not the case.

Many things in EQ are subjective - looks, play style, ect. Math in determining dmg taken is not.
Last edited by KentalCowtipper; 10-24-2020 at 05:27 PM..
Old 10-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars will actually have the worst str of any war race because they can’t use cobalt boots for solo play. And gnomes tinkering armor also has a 30 str buff that stacks with boots. So a gnome will have at least 45 more str than an iksar when buffed. 45 str + 30 more Dex from the clicky armor + 40% haste blows iksar measly ac and regen outta the water for solo play.
Cobalt boots aren't usable until 45.
Iksar warriors start wit ha base 80 str; gnome warriors start with 70 base strength.
The build is referenced is a Regen - AC - Strength build.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish your first statement was true; I really do, but having 40% faster haste does not mean you're taking 40% less damage. Shocking, no?
Lets break it down.
- For an easy to use calculatior go to https://gaming.invisibill.net/eq/hastecalc.html.
Current attack rate
Delay * --------------------- = Effective Delay
Hasted attack rate

"Your current attack rate is 100%. This is the standard speed at which you attack. Your hasted attack rate is your standard 100% attack rate, plus whatever rate increase you have from your haste item/song/spell. Dividing the current attack rate by the hasted attack rate gives you the factor by which your delay decreases. For example, 30% haste gives a factor of .769. With 30% haste, your delay would effectively be .769 of the weapon's stated delay. If your weapon had a stated delay of 24, a 30% haste item would give your weapon an effective delay of 24 * .769, or 18.46."

- Regarding an iksar AC bonus look at the following three links:
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/c...ksar_bonus_ac/
and
https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar
and
http://https://www.project1999.com/f...d.php?t=283237
Scroll to the bottom of the first page for the most comprehensive, indepth armor calculations I've ever been able to find that apply to p99.

For simplicity sake of calculating, we'll use a crappy 40/40 reaver and have 30% worn haste (just for ease of calculation); also say you're fighting a mob that does 30 dmg per second and it takes 100 seconds to kill said mob with no worn haste.

-Without haste, you're looking at taking 30 dmg each second for 100 seconds = 3,000 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% you're taking a weapon of 40 dly down to 30.76 delay; effectively 31 dly. At 31 dly you're looking at a reduction of swing speed of 22%. 30 dps x 78 seconds = 2,340 dmg taken.
- With worn haste of 30% + armor click haste of 40% on a 40 dly weapon you're down to 23.52 dly; effective delay of 24 which is a reduction of swing speed of 40%. 30 dps x 60 seconds = 1,800 dmg taken.

With the warrior AC softcap at 510 and iksars receiving an innate bonus of 35 ac (1 ac per level capped at lvl 35); this means iksars at lvl 35 will have an effective ac of 545 compared to 510 for another warrior; a reduction of 6.5% Instead of taking 30 dmg per second, you'll be taking 28.05 dmg per second.

- Worn haste of 30%, dly of 40 = 31 dly. 28 dps taken x 78 seconds = 2,184 dmg taken.

So comparing 2,184 damage taken as an iksar to a gnome who is taking 1,800 dmg, it appears that over the same period a cog hasted gnome is taking 17.6% less damage during the same period - less than half of the 40% listed haste increase.

BUT - and heres the key to soloing in EQ - you're not factoring in static regeneration comparative to the damage taken over time.

At lvl 35, an iksar with a fungi tunic will be standing and will regen 17 hp a tick (2.83 regen per second) . At level 60, it goes up to 27 hp a tick ( 4.5 a second) standing. A gnome at lvl 35 with a fungi will regen 16 standing a tick (2.67 a second) ; at level 60 they regen 19 a tick ( 3.17 a second) standing.

To apply that to the earlier figures, during a fight at lvl 35 with a base 30 dps monster fought for 100 seconds, a gnome with worn 30, click 40 haste will take 27.33 dmg a second (regen factored in) for 60 seconds = 1,640 dmg taken = 27.33 dmg a second taken a second.

An iksar for the same fight at lvl 35, will be taking 25.22 a second x 78 seconds =1,968 dmg taken = 25.22 damage second taken.

So at 35 you will kill faster but you will end up taking 2.11 more dmg per second as a gnome compared to an iksar. This is not calculating in the out of combat numbers either - additional regen you have while pulling/sitting along with the sliding scale that goes up when fighting 2 or 3 mobs simultaneously. In addition to these factors, you are not factoring in the time you will take running from the best xp spots (dungeons) to vendors in order to recharge your Cog arms. Or even the plat it costs you to do so.

Now for the real fun. Level 60.

At level 60, a gnome will regen 19 a tick with a fungi standing - 3.17 regen per second. 30 dmg per second from a mob minus 3.17 is 26.84 dmg per second taken x 60 seconds is 1,610 dmg taken over 60 seconds.

An iksar at level 60 will regen 27 a tick standing - 4.5 regen a second. 28.05 dmg per second minus 4.5 is 23.55 dmg per second x 78 seconds is 1,837 dmg over 78 seconds.

At level 35 the iksar takes 2.11 less dmg per second; at level 60 that jumps to 3.29 less dmg per second.

As a solo warrior, what is the probability that you will be pulling only singles? Pretty damn low. I've leveled 4 warriors over 10 years and most of the time you have 2-4 mobs on you at once.

Lets run the numbers for 2 simultaneous mobs at lvl 35 for both a gnome and iksar.

- A gnome will be taking 57.33 dmg per second for the first 60 seconds it takes to kill mob 1; then he will take 27.33 dmg for the next 60 seconds to kill mob 2. 60 x 57.33 = 3,440 dmg plus 27.33 x 60 (1,640) = 5080 total damage taken over 120 seconds for a total of 42.33 dmg taken per second at level 35 vrs 2 mobs.
- An iksar at 35 will take 53.27 dmg per second for the first 78 seconds; then 25.22 dmg per second for the remaining 78 seconds. 53.72 x 78 = 4,190 + 25.22 x 78 = 6,158 total tdamage taken over 156 seconds for a total of 39.47 dmg taken per second at lvl 35 vrs 2 mobs.

So you're taking 2.86 less dmg per second (9.1%) as an iksar compared to a gnome. Why is this so important as a solo warrior? Because if you're not using Kiva's damage shield potions to solo as a warrior you shouldn't be playing this game. Or atleast making arguments in a solo warrior thread. Damage shield pots in the 30s will be doing 30% + of your damage vrs multiple mobs. With higher ac, those hits at lvl 35 that would hit for 40 instead hit for 35 or so. Each time the mob hits you at lvl 35, your Kiva potion will be doing 18 dmg back to it. Starting to see why taking less dmg per hit and per second is so damn important?

I've ran out of steam; forgive me for not doing the damage shield potion exact numbers. If you want to run the numbers at lvl 60 as a solo warrior, you'll see that you'll be taking about 16% less dmg per hit with iksar's increased regen. Thats huge. Especially when your Kiva's potion is now doing 31 dmg per strike.

Things not factored in that make Iksars even better:
1) Iksars abilities are static and you don't have to worry about recharging your cog arms (time and plat wasted).
2) The math I did above assumes that you will be getting 100% of the usage out of the haste on your Cog arms click. What happens after you pull 2 or 3 mobs... why, you gotta go pull more. The time you spend going to pull mobs and then bring them back to a safe place to kill them is time your cog arm haste is not being factored into the DPS taken / DPS received equations but trust me its a lot. Most people would say 10-20% of the time spent camping stuff is spent pulling mobs back (many zones when soloing you don't want to engage where the mobs are because of pathers, spawns etc). Thats a huge reduction in the efficiency of the cog arms. Iksars, on the other hand, have their AC and Regen activated 100% of the time.
3) Leading off point 2, while pulling an iksar warrior continues to have his innate regen active and working. While a gnome who is pulling is loosing dmg taken efficiency, an iksar who is pulling is gaining damage taken efficiency over time.

Sorry for the wall of text but it bugs me when people try to say attacking 40% faster means 40% less damage taken. As you can see, that is clearly not the case.

Many things in EQ are subjective - looks, play style, ect. Math in determining dmg taken is not.
Where does cuteness factor into all those equations?

If you're curious, I've used the watchman boots, gloves, and arms (dex, str, haste) and have kept it up at all times from level 20 to now, level 49 and with a toolbox on hand, along with a stack or so of mana batteries, I've spent 1.8k or so in just about 30 levels to upkeep 40% haste. I love the str, dex, and haste. The str and dex last about an hour? They stack with those random friendly shaman buffs too, so I'm low 200's on str and dex when a shaman runs by and buffs me on top of my clickies.

I definitely need to pick up some dmg shield pots though, doh, forgot how good they could be.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Banned

Eyepatch of plunder or Graveyard dust potions for easy haste if not gnome.
For multiple mobs just snare and zone or use herbalist spade paired with evasive at higher lvls. Was able to easily solo the first 9 mobs of the hole entrance from 50+ on an iksar warrior that I wouldn’t say was super twinked just well twinked.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eyepatch of plunder or Graveyard dust potions for easy haste if not gnome.
For multiple mobs just snare and zone or use herbalist spade paired with evasive at higher lvls. Was able to easily solo the first 9 mobs of the hole entrance from 50+ on an iksar warrior that I wouldn’t say was super twinked just well twinked.
Any idea how long the graveyard dust potions last? Wiki says 1.8 minutes, but this seems low.
Closed Thread