Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-14-2020, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does seem to crash easily 90% of the time on /camp and the wait to get back in appears to be the same as on a /q.

I've also noticed that if I camp out immediately after logging in, it doesn't seem to crash. The cause appears to stem from something related to having been online for a while. If I'm camping after a long session, it always crashes. If I log in and camp right away, the chance is less.
Dude i kinda feel the same way.. I guess i never connected the early log outs to something tho... But for sure, when the crashing happens, it'll happen every time.. But if the crash didn't happen, i seem to have a better chance of camping out successfully.

And i always will try random stupid stuff.. Like instead of clicking enter world button, i'll just press enter. Sometimes at server select screen, i'll hit enter instead of clicking as well, or i'll click the return to last server played button instead of the other one...

Or i've tried logging out in third person vs first person haha.. It's so dumb, but i always keep trying little tricks!

I
Old 10-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30 seconds after the /q you are free of "character in the world", and you can restart the client during those 30 seconds if needed.
I think the crappy part is that if i do /q or /camp they both end up with me waiting at the character select screen for my active character to be kicked off..

Only difference is the /q will give me a 30 second head start on the character being kicked off i think? But i'm also just accepting the crash at that point haha.. I'm not sure i'm willing to accept it..

A successful log out feels like i've accomplished something on p99 haha... Like a level, or winning a roll on a new item haha.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I do that, the game can no longer detect my UI or settings files and reverts to the default on every login. What gives?
This is because you installed the game in the program files directory. Move it out of there and update your shortcut. Program files is a protected directory, so unless you run as admin the client can't write changes to files in there and it uses your user accounts temp folder instead.

-Mcoy
Old 10-14-2020, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the crappy part is that if i do /q or /camp they both end up with me waiting at the character select screen for my active character to be kicked off..

Only difference is the /q will give me a 30 second head start on the character being kicked off i think? But i'm also just accepting the crash at that point haha.. I'm not sure i'm willing to accept it..

A successful log out feels like i've accomplished something on p99 haha... Like a level, or winning a roll on a new item haha.
I decided to double check the timing; it is ~30ish seconds after the /q until you can re-enter char select. Not sure how long it takes on the failed camp out.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Well the failed camp out i'd assume would be the 30 seconds from typing /camp. Then the game actually FAILS to camp, so it results ultimately in the same as a /q. Which then you say takes 30 seconds..

So it sounds like just doing /q and accepting defeat is the 30second quicker option. You just lose the small chance of actually successfully logging out haha..

The question remains- At what point or situation do you have the best chance of camping out successfully..

Minutes into your session? After multiple hours? Logging out in 3rd person? Logging out with capslock on? Haha what's the secret formulaa?!
Old 10-15-2020, 04:50 AM
Sarnak

debating is fun but i like fixing stuff more
Old 10-18-2020, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

What's the word on this? I crash 90% of the time when /camp
Old 10-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

create a new folder in you C:\
copy your eq folder there
update your drivers from the manufactures website
doesnt work? try dgvoodoo!
doesnt work? try wined3d!
make sure you remove the files needed to play p99!
make sure you patch the files needed to play p99!
Old 10-18-2020, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

And don't forget to set compatibility on eqgame.exe to XP SP2 (or 3).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tech_Su...ing_or_Camping

-Mcoy
Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 AM
Large Rat

I noticed that when I type /played my time played is almost the same length I've had my character. Joined around 8 days ago and have over 7 days played. I assume it has to do with the issue that I crash almost every time I camp. Anyone else have this issue with crashing and /played? My character can't be on as my buffs are always active when I return and my hp and mana are where I left them. As stated by another poster if I only play for 15-20 minutes my camps are successful. If I play longer it is a guaranteed crash.