Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 05:41 PM
Large Rat

Default mage epic

why is the mage epic hard to get?
Old 02-27-2021, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

I am not sure if this is the question, but iirc the bottleneck is usually known to be this part: https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_o...Mastery:_Earth
Old 02-28-2021, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Correct, the Earth staff is the bottleneck.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Quillmane?
Old 03-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

QM is trivial, it's just a matter of time & patience to get her to drop her cloak. Her PHers and spawn locations are common kowledge, you don't even need trackers to get her.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quillmane?
Once upon a time, sure... but that was back when no one knew anything about how or where she spawned. It's possible to do it solo now with the right class and some luck (though the drop rate on the cloak can make this an exercise in pure frustration).

I ended up getting mine by simply getting on "the list" when Kingdom was doing a farm and helping them down the PHs.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's possible to do it solo now with the right class and some luck (though the drop rate on the cloak can make this an exercise in pure frustration).
Mage's are definitely one of "the right class". Now, as Sabin noted, it is frustrating to do it that way: you'll essentially have to clear PHs until you spawn A LOT of Quills. When each one spawns (you can use pet track to tell) you'll have to run over to one of her spawning areas and try to find her, and then if you can't you'll have to run over to the other spawning areas (with pet track again telling you when she goes down, and you can give up and go back to PH-killing).

Inevitably you'll wind up spawning a lot of Quills for other people (which is why group farming is way better) ... but some of them will spawn in the area you pick, and if you do all this at an off-peak time you'll be able to kill those Quills. Eventually one will have your cloak, and you can escape the hell of spawning a million Quillmanes.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Back during live my cousin had everything for the epic except the crown from PoS, and nobody was willing to go up there so he never got it, lol.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage's are definitely one of "the right class". Now, as Sabin noted, it is frustrating to do it that way: you'll essentially have to clear PHs until you spawn A LOT of Quills. When each one spawns (you can use pet track to tell) you'll have to run over to one of her spawning areas and try to find her, and then if you can't you'll have to run over to the other spawning areas (with pet track again telling you when she goes down, and you can give up and go back to PH-killing).

Inevitably you'll wind up spawning a lot of Quills for other people (which is why group farming is way better) ... but some of them will spawn in the area you pick, and if you do all this at an off-peak time you'll be able to kill those Quills. Eventually one will have your cloak, and you can escape the hell of spawning a million Quillmanes.
Sometimes the RNG just seems to hate your guts.

Took me 13 QM to get the third cloak on my mage. No tracker, just my pet, lots of patience and running around

Then again, a few months ago I got a guildee a cloak in about 10 minutes on my ranger. I went to SK for Groi, killed a couple lions & lionesses, QM popped nearby, and the cloak dropped right away. My guildee was not even in zone yet but had a cloak waiting to be looted