Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

for those of you debating on mh the kisch vs the dagger

20/38 + str bonus's for kisch in mh vs 12/25 + a little less str bonus (maybe like 1 point cuz delay?) if that for white dmg on obsidian dagger, those ratios are in miliseconds so if you are elite you will divide by 20/3.8 and 12/2.5 for *5.263157894736842‬ vs 4.8‬ 'potential' white dmg

you will obviously hit more often with the obsid dagger, but the kisch is technically superior, especially with high ATK on lower conning mobs. It will pretty much max hit.

You can look at the white dmg in your window and find out the max hit for each weapon in MH to get precise numbers.

your offhand ratio is going to be the 2.631578947368421‬ vs 2.4‬ numbers, kisch is the clearly superior weapon. Go with swisharu on this he is ballin it with the megadunks.

Cen clearly is just cutting and pasting from the wiki and lacks a genuine understanding of the way of the blade. This isn't a trollololol. Just a fact.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-25-2020 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-25-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Per the Wiki:
Quote:
The rough formula is (DEX/170) + 0.5 = proc per minute rate for main hand, and offhand is half that rate.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Professional warrior here

You wont proc enough to actually hold aggro before high 50s with massive dex buffs. Make your group use root and stand closest

For gear max hp and sta, ac a close second
Old 04-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

^^ good to know! in that case the kisch proc is superior hate IMO... though that dagger proc is also pretty good... I have no idea. Both those weapons are extremely close in agro. Mobs really hate ac/stat debuffs, it doesnt take much for my necro to pull with enfeablement...

any haste at all will benifit the kisch more as it is multiplicative... 3.8 - (3.8 x .21) vs 2.5 - (2.5 x .21) for the delays. So if hasted the kisch gets a bit more oomfph than the lower delay dagger.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-25-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-25-2020, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Professional warrior here

You wont proc enough to actually hold aggro before high 50s with massive dex buffs. Make your group use root and stand closest

For gear max hp and sta, ac a close second
Noted. Thanks for weighing in. My Halfling warrior procs pretty reliably...do you still recommend relying on root whenever possible?

And with regard to weapons, remember, folks, that mainhand procs twice as much as offhand. So it's still worth considering putting the Kicsh in mainhand because its proc is greater aggro than the Obsidian Shard's proc. It's a little weird that we're comparing the white-damage aggro of two weapons with garbage ratios. Shouldn't we be comparing their proc aggro versus the white-damage aggro of a 7/21 and an 8/23 (Electrum-Bladed Wakizashi and Polished Steel Dirk)?

And let's remember that haste does not affect proc rate (more haste, same procs-per-minute).
Last edited by Videri; 04-25-2020 at 12:42 PM..
Old 04-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

makes sense, TIL a lot about proc rates, cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2020, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Have someone root the mob and then cast a high aggro spell. You can taunt to piggy back off their aggro and hopefully use that to stay ahead of the rogue until the mob dies. I find it also helps to hit taunt and kick each time a backstab is attempted or high aggro spell lands.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have someone root the mob and then cast a high aggro spell. You can taunt to piggy back off their aggro and hopefully use that to stay ahead of the rogue until the mob dies. I find it also helps to hit taunt and kick each time a backstab is attempted or high aggro spell lands.
Good tips!

I am still interested in hearing from max-level warriors experienced in raiding for tips on prioritizing weapon choices! Whether I get mobs rooted for me or not, I still want to optimize my Pri and Sec!
Old 04-27-2020, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default Potatus's Warrior Questions #6

6. Hooded Black Cloak or Cloak of Shadows on a Halfling warrior?
13 dex and 2 extra AC for procs, or 45 hp and 5 more str? If he's tanking, he'll be getting heals, so does 45hp matter that much? If he has 13 more dex and procs that much more often, mobs will die faster, and he'll be fine. Right?
Old 04-28-2020, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

You could use both. That +sv is nice but not super... On it's own.

Ghoul roots still a disease check?

The str will probably net better white dmg then the Dex procs.

45 hp stacks well towards a big hp pool and ch becoming more efficient.

You won't notice 2 more ac with all the ac you're probably already wearing.
Closed Thread