Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I soloed a new Enc to 59 on Red99.

The #1 things you need as an Enc are HP and Charisma. Charisma is very important at higher levels so you can avoid critical resists on calm/lull.

When you hit 51 you get Theft of Thought which allows you to steal mana from mobs every few minutes and it is > any gear set you can get in the game.

Just keep grinding and leveling, the huge upgrades for you are your spells and they are what you should save for.

A lot of the high cha items are still really good for you when you're grinding solo 50+ so grab them when you can.

Also, Planes gear is super easy to get.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I looked up possible gear upgrades and got pretty discouraged. While other classes especially melees and priests (but even other cloth casters) have multiple tiers of gear they can progress in, it seems enchanter lacks very obvious upgrades

For example, I can't find anything much better than opalline earrings which come from a lowbie dungeon mob. I can't find anything much better than gypsy medallion which comes from a lowbie mob in the karanas. I understand loam encrusted being so good for their respective slots, so I'll give that a pass. No weapon ever seems to become better than rod of glamour, and no offhand better than crude stein which I bought for 7pp off a vendor

The only upgrades I can even spot are either from the plane of fear/hate (no drop), or else ridiculously expensive for only a tiny boost in stats, such as crown of king trannix or necklace of superiority. I understand gear progression is a game of inches and only getting a tiny bit of stats is how it tends to go, but like I said, lots of other classes have multiple tiers of gear they can progress with. Enchanter seems to have a good starter set, and then be stuck with that until the planes???
Those items are all insanely good for their cost though. You don't really need to upgrade them until end game. The amount of CHA you get from items like Rod of Glamour and Crude Stein for their cost is unmatched by other classes gear progression. Get some 55 HP rings and those cheap CHA items and your good to go.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-28-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those items are all insanely good for their cost though. You don't really need to upgrade them until end game. The amount of CHA you get from items like Rod of Glamour and Crude Stein for their cost is unmatched by other classes gear progression. Get some 55 HP rings and those cheap CHA items and your good to go.
Good to go...but not good to last. Progressing gear is really what ties me (like most people) to MMO's. As soon as gear progression dries up, then all I'm really doing is saving pp for a re-roll twink. And right now ENC seems like the most fun char for me, so as soon as I feel all I'm doing is saving for a re-roll, I'll probably start playing a lot less

As it stands now it appears my only chance is to try to get into a guild that goes into plane of fear/hate (one of these or both, I haven't looked it up), or wait for velious which appears to offer some upgrades. Someone else on here said gear from planes is fairly easy to get, but I'm assuming that means easy assuming you can get into a powerguild that raids those regularly?

Even if the gear isn't going to increase the char's power (certainly nothing like melee char's gear progression works), I just like the idea of progressing gear because it keeps me interested in playing the game
Old 02-28-2021, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Yes you'll need to join a guild that does Planar clears to get Insidious armor, but that content is scheduled and uncontested (except for the boss NPCs in each Plane) and there are several guilds who do regular planar clears for armor every week.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-01-2021, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, if you want gear progression, this is a rough game unless you plan on being a fairly avid raider.

And Enchanters, aside from a couple spells, do not need to spend much plat at all to excel.

Remember, this game rewards patience (a lot of patience) and is generally not rewarding if you are easily bored.
Closed Thread