Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

I use sneak constantly both on green and blue. to complete quests, vendor, check if I have aggro on mobs, set up pet pulls, sneak around like VP or whatever as intended, or just chillaxing out max and turning on walk while sneaking so it looks like im doing the Robot. one time on Blue I did the Fiery Avenger quest even though i'm max KOS to some of the quest mobs just because i killed their god like 50 times, and not a paladin.

imo it's an insanely powerful ability that puts all the lesser races in their place.
Last edited by zodium; 02-08-2021 at 05:47 AM..
Old 02-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Sneaks benefits, although not utilized much were detailed in many of these posts (passing certain mobs like in SolB, merchants, bow pull). Hide I saw the AFK stuff, but on a cursory scroll, didn't see mention of:

Hide on pull for Clerics and Druids.

Often especially in mid level dungeons pulled mobs will jump the healer due to sit aggro. The most pro Halfling priests Hide on pull to avoid this. It's also terrifying. Can't tell you how many times I freaked out that Holyfeet bailed on us in the middle of a group session.

Also: Halfling master race! Fun fact; Halflings were already favored because of Hobbits, but the 5% exp bonus was meant for HUM and was mistakenly given to HFL. Early manuals and guidebooks were printed stating Humans as having this bonus and Halflings not due to this, but they decided to never correct. Pras!
Old 02-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Entertaining to me that OP appears to think that hide/sneak on EQ works like stealth in WoW. Hide and Sneak in EQ are binary, on or off. Hide is also IVU for rogues only, but still binary. Any character (other than rog kinda) that is hidden is exactly as well hidden as any other character.

Hide cap of 50 isn't perfect, but it often works first try and would be unusual to fail more than twice.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually don't break charm mid combat. I get the XP from the uncharmed mob and then if the charmed mob is low enough (15% or less) I break charm in between pulls.

So yeah, it sitll works for breaking charm.
You're getting half XP from the uncharmed mob then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Entertaining to me that OP appears to think that hide/sneak on EQ works like stealth in WoW. Hide and Sneak in EQ are binary, on or off. Hide is also IVU for rogues only, but still binary. Any character (other than rog kinda) that is hidden is exactly as well hidden as any other character.

Hide cap of 50 isn't perfect, but it often works first try and would be unusual to fail more than twice.
Of course, the worst part is that if you're not a rogue you can't hide & sneak at the same time.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Hide was nice when it worked against undead for non rogues.

switched to only work vs living which is sad but I believe correct.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hide was nice when it worked against undead for non rogues.

switched to only work vs living which is sad but I believe correct.
It was super OP back when it applied to undeads... and you could test your own hide success... and being hidden while FD guaranteed a full aggro wipe. That was nuts by itself, never mind the ridiculous pulls it allowed.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread