Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default An apology to Ivory Handled / Shafted weapons.

For years I have advised against purchasing the magic weapons in Cabilis behind the Necromancers' tower.

While I had a evidence basis for this advice, it turns out my experience wasn't thorough enough to correctly provide the generalised advise I had given.

I had purchased an Ivory Spiked Club from Mohin of West Cabilis. This set me back circa 262 plat, which I hoped would be recouped on resale to vendor (much like most Combine Weapons). I was terribly wrong - the sell back price was only 50pp! A whopping 212 plat lost for an (admittedly awesome looking) temporary weapon.

My mistake here was assuming all these weapons would be similarly poor investments.

I correct my advice - Ivory Handled Short Sword (buy 73, sell 70), Ivory Handled Long Sword (buy 104, sell 100) and Ivory Handled Cleaver (buy 209, sell 200) actually represent decent short term investments as magic weapons for young iksar when no player bought options are available. Probably even better than Combine (speaking of which, the resell on combine great staves is awful, don't buy those as a cheap temporary investment).

My apologies to Mr. Mohin and his familybrood for any lost sales I have caused him with my misinformation.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:08 PM
Banned

pop -1
Old 02-28-2021, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

This was always a pet peeve for me back in the day, that the vendor prices for shit were always so god damn stupid.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

As it is 2021....I think it is time to #CancelJimJam.

folks have been cancelled for much less.

#MeTooLostMoneyinCablis
Closed Thread