Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Wasn't there supposed to be a (classic) /guildwar? It'd be perfect for this.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't there supposed to be a (classic) /guildwar? It'd be perfect for this.
Yeahhhh, but with everything else going on, I doubt implementing /guildwar is a priority for the gods of our universe.

This would be different than a two-week /guildwar, too. This would be permanent, ongoing competition. Every pixel looted would have been doubly earned, either by fighting for it and killing the NPC or sneaking around and sniping the NPC unnoticed.

I'd try to own the Rathyl camp and stock up on HBBs...Tranix would be like the crown jewel boss mob.

This would be more like an environment guild (since pvp-flagged players can't be buffed by non-pvp-flagged players), but split into two halves. They'd start to know each others's strengths and weaknesses, stake out territory, set up ambushes, you name it. And all with an audience of non-pvp players around them, who might want to get into the fun...

The two guilds could have a planar slot and fight over it each week. If there was enough of a playerbase, it would be a delightful chaos as long as the players didn't get too salty over it.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:28 PM
Orc

It would be a giant salt mine, that's for sure.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeahhhh, but with everything else going on, I doubt implementing /guildwar is a priority for the gods of our universe.

This would be different than a two-week /guildwar, too. This would be permanent, ongoing competition.
Well but, the two guilds could just keep re-upping it as long as they wanted to. And if one guild got too powerful, they'd have the option to start a war with a 3rd guild. If one guild wanted to stop, the one that didn't could split into two guilds, and start fighting themselves.

The point is, if the staff just gave us classic EverQuest PvP, all sorts of interesting possibilities for PvP guilds open up. And personally doing that seems like a much better use of the dev's time than making a new Red server (with a ruleset that 10% of the Red population agrees to ... since, let's face it, they can never agree on anything).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well but, the two guilds could just keep re-upping it as long as they wanted to. And if one guild got too powerful, they'd have the option to start a war with a 3rd guild. If one guild wanted to stop, the one that didn't could split into two guilds, and start fighting themselves.

The point is, if the staff just gave us classic EverQuest PvP, all sorts of interesting possibilities for PvP guilds open up. And personally doing that seems like a much better use of the dev's time than making a new Red server (with a ruleset that 10% of the Red population agrees to ... since, let's face it, they can never agree on anything).
Good points! I just have no idea how hard it might or might not be to implement /guildwar. If there is enough interest in this whenever Green 2.0 happens, I just might try to make this dual red book guild thing happen.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:

The staff did give us classic EQ pvp on the red server, it's a shame that they haven't said anything about red 2.0 because I think a lot of people on green/blue are pretty sick of the pve drama.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manakim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
limit guild hoster to 100 members tops, so one can't zerg the other.
Yes, or less, say 50
Old 02-27-2021, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

or just bring back /guildwar
Old 02-27-2021, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff did give us classic EQ pvp on the red server
Sorry, I should have said "classic PvP ... on non-PvP servers".

Closed Thread