Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Default Item Missing from Ratman Warrior Loot Table: Copper Medal of War

For what its worth, I found evidence of an item used for an out of era quest (Beastlord epic I believe) that drops in the Hole off Ratman Warriors:

Evidence:
http://web.archive.org/web/200204251...html?zstrat=99

Quote:
Posted @ Mon, Nov 26th 3:54 PM 2001
While hunting Ratman warriors in the Jail are our group looted an item call Copper Medal of War. Anyone else found this item.
Not sure if this was patched slightly before Luclin or was one of those famous 'has no use' items in Everquest since The Hole opened. The Hole was famous for items like this, so just thought you may want to update it to classic!

Here is a page just showing the item, no stats or anything:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=25047

Quote:
Copper Medal of War
LORE ITEM NO DROP
WT: 0.2 Size: SMALL
Class: NONE
Race: NONE
I could not locate any reliable information as to what it identifies as, except a site claiming 'Copper Medal' for Lore. Looking over their items though, I think that was just a filler as other items just had the name in the lore info.

It looks like it was moved in Luclin to drop off other mobs for the beastlord quest, but seems like it should be here in classic. Maybe one day on a different server you may want to use this for custom content or something. Just thought I'd let you know about this useless item!
Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

The Copper Medal of War comes from the grimling wars in grimling forest for the BL epic. Unsure what would be dropping from the ratman warrior with the same name
Old 09-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yea that is the only reference I found of it later (made mention at bottom of my post), my guess is it was an unused item and instead of adding more itemization to the database some over-achiever got approval to move the item to another mob when Luclin dropped since it wasn't in use.

I thought there was some connection between Luclin and The Hole in EQ Lore, so not impossible an item could be found in both places (damn scavenging rats picking up dead people's trinkets!).

Also possible OP in the post comment misspelled slightly (such as 'a Copper War Medal' or something close), English didn't seem his native language.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quick bump, found additional evidence although very slightly out of era, at least confirming that Copper Medal of War drops off Ratman Warrior loot table:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020219....shtml?id=5006

Quote:
copper medal of war
Posted @ Thu, Dec 20th 10:02 AM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Hi all,
I looted a copper medal of war off of 1 of these buggers. Does anyone know what it is used for? Or can I delete it to save space? I am a 51 Paladin.
Shows me that this item was around originally before Luclin and another confirmation that it stuck around after.

The Hole was famous for 'unresolved quest items', I'm actually researching 3 more items that should be dropping that aren't.

I know this seems like a minimal change / waste of time, but it just adds to the flare of the zone.

Thank you for entertaining my posts to try and make the Hole 100% classic as possible!
Old 04-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Bump for Mr Nilbog, hopefully a quick loot table adjustment for you. You've been on fire lately with updates, add another quick one to your list! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update
Closed Thread