Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 06:19 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should roll on it then sell it and buy 15k worth of items. Or give it to an alt because it makes no difference since they won the roll and its theirs to do whatever they want with.
Why bring that cleric at all then? Plenty of people that play priests only and don't need FBSS, and selling gear enables people that can't do the content to gear up so it is immoral and prevents them from learning to play the game.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by battins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why bring that cleric at all then?
So they can get loot and exp. That's why you group to begin with. And if you just wanna be social then you can sit outside the group and PL them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plenty of people that play priests only and don't need FBSS
Most people need 15k. And if they don't then they can pass. But its wrong to expect them to then shame them if they don't.

Quote:
and selling gear enables people that can't do the content to gear up so it is immoral and prevents them from learning to play the game
wut
Old 01-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why bring that cleric at all then? Plenty of people that play priests only and don't need FBSS, and selling gear enables people that can't do the content to gear up so it is immoral and prevents them from learning to play the game.
Because it's a hard camp and a healer is helpful if you aren't a 50 enchanter or necromancer - even then a cleric to duo with makes the camp safer.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Kobold

/shout "Forming NBG group for Frenzy. Looking for 5 casters/priests...."
Old 01-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/shout "Forming NBG group for Frenzy. Looking for 5 casters/priests...."
Lol, this is reminding me of the /list. Why would any non-mellee want to farm your FBSS for you. Bring your own NBG group.

Certain camps will always be money camps.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did read your posts, and unfortunately you are the one not using your brain. You seem to think that because you believe your definition of 'need' is the one that should be accepted, where you are in the minority.
Everyone Needs upgrades, money buys upgrades. Everyone put in effort to kill the mob with the riches, everyone deserves equal chance at the rewards.

If people want to be generous and pass, that is their individual discretion. Its what we ALWAYS do among friends and guildies.

But saying everyone rolls, and everyone gets an equal chance, is greedy?

An equal chance is greedy? Sorry no.

That is what YOU are saying. That is illogical. NBG is appropriate among friends or guildies. Or for No Drop Items.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they can get loot and exp. That's why you group to begin with. And if you just wanna be social then you can sit outside the group and PL them.

Most people need 15k. And if they don't then they can pass. But its wrong to expect them to then shame them if they don't.

wut
Im with you man, too many of the cases made against you are citing hyper specific circumstances, mostly involving friends and guildies. Which Im sure we can all agree, need before greed is appreciated.

But you are right, any system the heavily weighs the chances of rewards in favor of only a portion of the group.... is inherently greedy. ASSUMING all included do not agree to those terms.

Wanting an even chance at those rewards is EVEN. And far from greedy.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone Needs upgrades, money buys upgrades. Everyone put in effort to kill the mob with the riches, everyone deserves equal chance at the rewards.

If people want to be generous and pass, that is their individual discretion. Its what we ALWAYS do among friends and guildies.

But saying everyone rolls, and everyone gets an equal chance, is greedy?

An equal chance is greedy? Sorry no.

That is what YOU are saying. That is illogical. NBG is appropriate among friends or guildies. Or for No Drop Items.
This should be the norm. It gets even more confusing when people say NBG in a non-guild/friend group because then you should be making the decision, well which of you ACTUALLY needs the item more (and not which can actually USE the item).

Scenario: If a group insists on NBG and we have a Warrior, Ranger, and Rogue in the group. A SSOY drops. All can potentially use the item, but I would argue that the Warrior should get first dibs if they insist on a nonsensical NBG rule. Ykesha proc generates a decent amount of aggro, and as such, that’s aggro I’d rather have the Warrior generating then the other two classes. (A rough example, but you see my point).

So at what point do we progress from NBG to then ACTUAL need above others? Or let’s say one of them already has an SSOY, does that mean it’s less fair for that person to roll on it if the other two don’t have the item? Who makes the decision on this as we venture further and further down the rabbit hole?

NBG, in addition to being unfair to other members in the group who participated, makes the choice of who DOES get to roll on an item much more convoluted.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disingenuous to say nbg is 'just' another form of greed.

Often in a greed grouo players will spontaneously pass on an item that another player could use.

It feels good to help others progress, and that is worth more than pp to some.
That is how it should be though.... in a greed group everyone is offered an equal chance... and each player can use their own discretion to pass or not. I often pass on items I don't need when someone else could use the item. Especially when it is a friend or guildie.

But if Im grouping with an overtwinked A***ole who is looting every corpse like a mad man. While Im still wearing leather/banded. You can better believe Im going to roll on the valuable drop.

In another example I saw a ranger who was wearing a crested helm at the entrance of Guk.... join my Exe/Sav group 2 hours later.... without a helmet. Now If I didnt recognize him, he would of gotten one over on our group.

The problem if NBG is it removes individual discretion from the process. And as a blanket rule it can be used and exploited by greedy people.

If the baseline is everyone rolls... nothing can be exploited. And I can decide to pass based on comparative equipment and actual need.

Greedy people can exploit NGB
Greedy people can not exploit when everyone rolls
Old 01-15-2020, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Six thieves break into a high security vault to steal a pair of earrings worth a billion dollars.

#1: "Hurray we are all rich!"

#2: "Nope - my ears are pierced so I'm calling NBG."
Closed Thread