Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling Warrior is underrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dwarf cultural armor doesn't come out until a month or two before velious release.
Not long now! Farm those components!
Old 12-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Banned

Iksar warrior has a higher soft and hard cap for AC, also Regen. In velious locked progression it is the true min/max end game.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you are soloing on Blue as a warrior a gnome isn’t “tier 4”. It’s the only class with clicky 40% spell haste arms. That means with silver chitin handwraps you are walking around at 62% haste. With most good worn haste you have 74-76% haste no matter who’s in your group. If with a sham it’s often not worth the conversation; click the arms and keep killing.

Do me a favor. Next time you get alacrity cast on your warrior stop and think “do I want to be able to keep this on forever?”. As a gnome post level 50 it costs about 25p an hour in mana batteries; at 60 about 20p. With a reaver if you can’t get 20p an hour you aren’t trying very hard.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar warrior has a higher soft and hard cap for AC, also Regen. In velious locked progression it is the true min/max end game.

What about iksars is the true min max?
Old 12-05-2020, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

Also, this is endgame velious fashion for human warriors.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about iksars is the true min max?
Warriors are tank defense is more important on raid mobs than offense if you aren’t tanking just swap to a rogue/wizard/cleric.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Do%60Va...tlets_of_Might over those when tanking
CHA can be maxed with an epic/puretone bard easily
Again endgame stamina is easily maxed...you literally talk about cha as an essential min/max stat above.
Shrink pot and invis mask
No other race in the game can have as high AC as an iksar it’s like having an extra high end shield equipped at all times...

Fashion quest, iksars are ugly AF to some and cool to others, I lean toward the first stance and can agree with you on that point. Lol
Old 12-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are soloing on Blue as a warrior a gnome isn’t “tier 4”. It’s the only class with clicky 40% spell haste arms. That means with silver chitin handwraps you are walking around at 62% haste. With most good worn haste you have 74-76% haste no matter who’s in your group. If with a sham it’s often not worth the conversation; click the arms and keep killing.

Do me a favor. Next time you get alacrity cast on your warrior stop and think “do I want to be able to keep this on forever?”. As a gnome post level 50 it costs about 25p an hour in mana batteries; at 60 about 20p. With a reaver if you can’t get 20p an hour you aren’t trying very hard.
i don't know what to tell you man.
i levelled faster on my troll and barb than the gnome. incl. all that.
have you played both? or you're just throwing numbers?
i love haste as much as the other guy, got a 34% haste-belt and Haste buffs are indeed my favorite buffs to randonly get when i'm soloing on my warriors;
but everything else about the gnome made it slower and more cumbersome than the big races.

i did ask people to fight me tho, so no problem ^^ but i stand by my ranking, clockwork armor or not.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

why reroll? u wont find any game changing diff when u switch to another race with bigger sta/str

i have a 60 war myself, i say stick with female wood elf or male/female dark elf (i am none of those races)

i had few hundred k plat to twink my war when i started. the biggest issue, despite my plat and like most wars, is getting nice weapons. i got my weapons from raiding and spending dkp in raiding guild.

ppl always say, just buy loot rights of infestation or willsapper, or VP drops - im telling you now, these people just talk out of their ass - GL spending weeks/months finding people selling loot rights, even if you have the plat (infestation is more likely, forget abt willsapper or VP drops)

it's all about gears
Last edited by wagorf; 12-06-2020 at 10:56 AM..
Old 12-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Sadly infestation isn’t candy anymore.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What'd you put your starting points in on the wood elf and dark elf? Were you wearing small-type armor? I ask because if you pick a medium race you'll be stuck wearing heavier medium-size armor which'll cancel out a lot of the strength gain from picking the medium race. Iksars are rather poor in Kunark due to having to wear what amounts to ranger armor. They come into their own in Velious. On the plus side, that ranger armor won't weigh a ton so at least the iksar isn't as likely to have strength problems. A wood elf or dark elf with 90 or 95 baseline strength should be adequate. If it isn't, then something like a human or half elf with 105-110 won't suffice either because it'll feel about the same in practice since higher armor weight will mostly cancel out the racial strength gains during the levels where you're wearing sized armor types like banded or bronze. If that's the case then you'll want to pick something like dwarf or barbarian which has higher innate strength (or the iksar as noted above if you're willing to tolerate some months of being sub-par).

If you didn't put points into strength as such a race that's potentially a mistake during this era of the game. Ideal end-game stats don't help if a player quits in frustration without ever getting there. A wood elf with 75 strength is outright depressing when he tries to wear bronze armor and finds himself encumbered without even looting anything.

Danth
had all points in stamina but I reasonably twinked
Closed Thread