Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 04:55 AM
Large Bat

Question 2 Hand Weapons Nerfed after Kunark?

Hi All,

I can't seem to find anything about what was changed after Kunark. I took 2 months off and before kunark, my mega twinked warrior was an absolute beast. I was hitting for 75+ non critical with an Executioners Axe. Now, all of my 2 hand weapons have been capped at exactly 2 x weapon dmg + 2, so Executioner is hitting for 52 damage and I just got a 24/38 Hammer from Kunark that hits for 50 max.

So now these weapons will never hit like they used to? Feel like my warrior got madly nerfed, especially cause I mainly played duo with my RL friend, and kunark mobs being tougher seem to be out of the question now.

Any info is appreciated thanks
Old 12-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

What level are you

There is a cap below 20 and a cap below 30

I think it should open up for most al classes after 30

I don’t know if this was in vanilla game or was introduced later
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

I am level 30 and was level 30 before I took a break. For some reason a damage cap has been added recently? I started hitting that hard at 28 I believe.

Or was there a bug before that allowed me and my friend who I duo with to hit harder and it was fixed?

I just got a Sarnak Battlehammer 30/40 and it's hitting for 62 max right now, but in the same level (30) before I was using Executioner's Axe 25/50 and was consistently hitting for 75-80 non critical.

My friend who I duoed with kept leveling and left me behind, he's a 42 SK. He's got a Mith 2 Hander and was also hitting pretty hard, 70's at my level. Right now he hit's for 90 consistently.

So maybe I need to hit 31? I wonder why this would happen all of a sudden.
Last edited by studysnake; 12-13-2020 at 01:56 PM..
Old 12-13-2020, 11:55 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you

There is a cap below 20 and a cap below 30

I think it should open up for most al classes after 30

I don’t know if this was in vanilla game or was introduced later

I am level 30 and was level 30 before I took a break. For some reason a damage cap has been added recently? I started hitting that hard at 28 I believe.

Or was there a bug before that allowed me and my friend who I duo with to hit harder and it was fixed?

I just got a Sarnak Battlehammer 30/40 and it's hitting for 62 max right now, but in the same level (30) before I was using Executioner's Axe 25/50 and was consistently hitting for 75-80 non critical.

My friend who I duoed with kept leveling and left me behind, he's a 42 SK. He's got a Mith 2 Hander and was also hitting pretty hard, 70's at my level. Right now he hit's for 90 consistently.

So maybe I need to hit 31? I wonder why this would happen all of a sudden.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

There's a section on Damage Caps.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-14-2020, 11:37 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

There's a section on Damage Caps.
I just checked with another 30 warrior. It appears the chart you posted is correct. I think it's a very bogus nerf on damage. I'm not exaggerating when I say that just a little while back I was hitting for 75-80 non critical with a 25/50 weapon. Now it seems like things have been dialed back substantially. A very heavy cap for lvls 30-40, making duoing much more difficult and any attempt to solo impossible.

Thanks for your response.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I can’t recall any nerf after kunark. Post Velious there were a couple patches to improve them (knight damage and then scaling damage bonus post Chardok 2.0).

2h’s always suffer from random number generator issues. Streaky statistics where average damage has good rounds and bad ones. Plus kunark stuff in general has more hps and higher AC. It gets better but in short duration examples resulting dps will vary quite a bit.

I’d just keep pushing. Non-max levels are always filled with teething pains. Easier said than done but keep fighting the good fight.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-14-2020 at 11:40 AM..
Old 12-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

You will have to check your logs and post em if you want to have someone tell you something was changed.

But i dunno! good luck sir
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Kobold

I hate to state the obvious but did your strength change at all? It has a rather large impact on maximum damage. At level 30 with a 25 damage weapon 100 vs 255 strength will result in like 60 and 100 max damage respectively (according to the wiki formula).
Old 12-14-2020, 09:50 PM
Kobold

2h dmg bonus got a buff since Kunark and will be further improves later in the timeline. Check the related links in the wiki for actual server code on that.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Closed Thread