Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 03:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That explains why warriors have a shield in their class icon I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During the Dragons of Norrath expansion, it came to light that shield bash stun was meant to produce similar aggro to spell stun, but the feature had been broke since release. The devs had just assumed for years that the players were munchkins prioritising looking cool dual wielding over the ‘more effective’ sword and board. Ofc they didn’t fix the underlying broken mechanic as ‘the meta had settled’, and instead added some new furious bash shields and shield block aas.cookie clicker

Luckily slope unblocked
for warriors, they have decent melee skill caps so can produce fair swing aggro, which lets them get by coupled with root.
This article has great reference value, thank you very much for sharing, I would like to reproduced your article, so that more people would see it.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Reminds me of WoW actually... a good tank always had a shield... and it even makes sense.

EDIT: Plus the added stats and AC from on of these shields would make a tank more efficient at taking blows.
Last edited by Malykor; 01-05-2021 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-05-2021, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

shield ac is not affected by hard cap either iirc.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Root is amazing. Warriors should get a root sword.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

There is the snare whip.

Man wrapped entropy serpent spine was such a dream weapon on rallos zek.

As a totally pathetic full banded only ranger in the item loot days, I was sitting at the wizard spires in relative peace and harmony. Keep in mind that on rallos zek you had a reasonable expectation of not getting immediately PK attacked wherever you go because people cared about their reputation as scum / not scum.

There was a naked ogre SK or warrior nearby, holding an axe that I could safely assume was a weighted axe. I was sitting. He attacked me and missed, I stood up and attacked with the WESS. He immediately starts sending me tells that he was just goofing jk lol jk jk jk. If his attack would have landed when I was sitting I would have probably been like half HP my guy was pretty weak.

Fortunately for me the wess procced on my first attack and continued to proc for the rest of the battle, which consisted of him running away through the woods blind and continuing to send me tells that he couldn't spell check or typo check groveling for his evil ogre life. I felt like a true ranger stomping out evil in the great forest of faydark. When he died he was full naked, but with an FBSS and the weighted axe and a few back packs. So I got an FBSS that day. Thanks Ogre Pal.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 01-06-2021 at 11:52 AM..
Old 01-06-2021, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is the snare whip.

Man wrapped entropy serpent spine was such a dream weapon on rallos zek.

As a totally pathetic full banded only ranger in the item loot days, I was sitting at the wizard spires in relative peace and harmony. Keep in mind that on rallos zek you had a reasonable expectation of not getting immediately PK attacked wherever you go because people cared about their reputation as scum / not scum.

There was a naked ogre SK or warrior nearby, holding an axe that I could safely assume was a weighted axe. I was sitting. He attacked me and missed, I stood up and attacked with the WESS. He immediately starts sending me tells that he was just goofing jk lol jk jk jk. If his attack would have landed when I was sitting I would have probably been like half HP my guy was pretty weak.

Fortunately for me the wess procced on my first attack and continued to proc for the rest of the battle, which consisted of him running away through the woods blind and continuing to send me tells that he couldn't spell check or typo check groveling for his evil ogre life. I felt like a true ranger stomping out evil in the great forest of faydark. When he died he was full naked, but with an FBSS and the weighted axe and a few back packs. So I got an FBSS that day. Thanks Ogre Pal.
Got eem!!
Old 01-07-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

That is a story for the generations, Gustoo!
Old 01-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

The thing that scares me about PvP is I regularly get killed by light blue mobs....I'm sure I'd get ganked by players on a regular basis and lose all my sh1t.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing that scares me about PvP is I regularly get killed by light blue mobs....I'm sure I'd get ganked by players on a regular basis and lose all my sh1t.
When you are EXP grinding you wear gear you don't mind losing. My ranger wore full banded with random junk thrown in that I got for free equivalent to zero value.

If a naked PK killed me, I would come back and kill him because he would be recovering mana (always a wizard) and I was a ranger and could track him to his medding / gate spot.

If a geared at all PK killed me I would try to stalk him and kill him myself or with a pal, or even have a pal bait him by getting low HP to a mob or sit around low HP to see if the guy will come in for the kill at which point I could step in to try to kill the killer and hope to get some loot which had a good chance of being better than the banded boots he took from me.

I could ramble on, but the point is that you will stop what you are doing and hunt down a twink PK because they are certainly worth killing more than the next ghoul in unrest.

On red99 when there was players, all twink PK's did was grief infinitely, they seemed to treat it like a day job to just come through and wipe zones of EXP groups and then log an alt for a while till it settled back down. It was probably just a coin pharming operation for these guys. Very unclassic. No one ever really bothered to try to kill em just left for a while also then came back and tried to get some leveling done.

Thats why a server needs to be item loot, or have no PVP level limit which would allow any high level to kill any low level which would totally negate the point of a twink PK.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how it works on Red, but on live players couldn't loot anything in your bags so if you knew you were going to die you started bagging any expensive tradeable gear. People also wore a lot of no drop items that weren't as good but couldn't be looted.
Closed Thread