Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Default Are hill giants

In rathe mountains a legit camp with rules or basically ffa?
Old 08-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

There are no specific rulings for Hill Giants, which means they follow the normal (general) outdoor mob camp rules.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In rathe mountains a legit camp with rules or basically ffa?
I am not high enough to kill them yet, but would think that it is FFA. At least that is how it was on my "Live" server. It is a pretty large area, and I don't think any one person should be able to call the whole part of that zone.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 08-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

GM said that in outdoor, a camp is one mob at most, so all the rest are ffa fte...
Old 08-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no specific rulings for Hill Giants, which means they follow the normal (general) outdoor mob camp rules.
Single spawn point man that would go so slow though lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not high enough to kill them yet, but would think that it is FFA. At least that is how it was on my "Live" server. It is a pretty large area, and I don't think any one person should be able to call the whole part of that zone.
I could see where you’re coming from. But my bro and I were able to duo the whole mountain before repops. We’re not there anymore but it was an issue I wanted to clarify. Thanks you two.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could see where you’re coming from. But my bro and I were able to duo the whole mountain before repops. We’re not there anymore but it was an issue I wanted to clarify. Thanks you two.
Yeah that's what FFA means. If you're the only 2 there, you get the mountain. But you can only camp 1 spawn, rest is FTE.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM said that in outdoor, a camp is one mob at most, so all the rest are ffa fte...
What about specs in Oasis? That would mean 4 people could each camp 1 of the ground level spawns.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Single spawn point man that would go so slow though lol.
It's important to understand the rules properly. They DO NOT say you can only kill one hill giant (or any other mob) per respawn cycle.

What they say is that everyone can do as many hill giants (or anything else in an outdoor zone), as long as they want ... until another player shows up and says "I want to camp a specific hill giant".

At that point, you are forced to pick one spawn point to keep as "your's". No one else can kill that particular giant, and if that guy who showed up and said "I want to camp giants" takes it you can petition him. After you do that, he gets to pick one spawn point too.

But even then the rules do not say you both get only one giant! What they say is that each of you is guaranteed that the other one can't take one giant (from one spawn point). However, every other giant in the area, ie. every one that comes from a spawn point other than the two you guys picked, will be "FTE" or "First to Engage". In other words, you and the other person race to see who can agro those giants first, and whoever does gets them.

Two important notes though. First, in practice (maybe this has changed, as I haven't done hill giants in forever, but ...) most people don't worry about the single spawn point rule, because it's just too much hassle at somewhere like that (you'd have to sit and wait at just one giant's spawn point, so that he doesn't wander off and you lose your claim ... who wants to do that?). Instead everyone tends to just treat all hill giants as FTE.

And second, all of this requires communication. If you don't talk with your fellow players, no one owns any spawn points. Or rather, technically the first person there "owns" everything, as long as they've killed it quickly enough since respawn ... but if someone else shows up and starts taking giants without talking, I doubt the staff would ban them off the bat or anything. Again, if you want staff protection you first have to communicate to the other person "this one spawn point is mine, I was here first, please don't take it", and the second person has to then steal the mob anyways.

Otherwise even if the first person petitions, I don't think anyone would get in trouble, because this is EverQuest not LawyerQuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-04-2019 at 11:34 AM..
Old 08-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about specs in Oasis? That would mean 4 people could each camp 1 of the ground level spawns.
This is the "nightmare scenario" people envision on Green, and technically you are correct, that could happen. Practically speaking though, I just can't see four players being that desperate that they'd all sit there doing one spec at a time.

Also it's worth noting that you don't have to follow these rules, they're only to settle disagreements. If two people want to do spectres, they can just split them, two each. They don't have to take the one spawn point each and race for the other two; that's only if they can't agree on something better

This is what commonly happens at a camp where people really do care about every last mob: A4 in PoM. Technically it's four separate camps (Rat, Ape, Twins, and 22). Sometimes players do get technical, force another player to pick one, and they race the rest.

But usually players are civil and instead just divide the camp. One person gets ape/rat, the other gets twins/22. In general I think things go smoother on P99 when people do things this way, rather than going to the rulebook.

Old 08-05-2019, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

im at CE in MM on my paladin pulling mobs from inside and from pits. CE is considered a camp spot, but MM is an outdoor zone. a mage was in gypsy room "stealing" our mobs - am i being too presumptious to consider that stealing mobs, or was he wrong?
Closed Thread