Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark-Velious UI in action

iirc to med during this time it would switch back over to the classic UI with the spellbook. Perhaps someone who knows for certain will comment.
I remember when that video was made by Kibanu on EQC.......
Old 09-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet, they've had TEN YEARS to put it back in and they didn't. Are you saying theyre so incompetent that they couldn't implement this in ten years time?
Wow: I found your posts ignorant and annoying up until this point, but that one was completely rude and uncalled for ... and in an official staff thread no less!

The people behind this server spent ten years doing something really, really hard: a tiny team of volunteer programmers re-created roughly half (the server-side) of a massive game .... a game that was originally built by a professional computer gaming company, with a paid team easily 10x P99's size. They didn't do it for their own benefit (they don't even play here!), but to give everyone else a chance to experience classic EverQuest, a game that couldn't be played anymore until they made it possible.

But nevermind all that ... because they didn't get it 100% finished by year ten (in large part because of technical issues: they didn't re-write the client, so they have to deal with limitations from it), therefore everything they've done up until that point doesn't matter, and they're incompetent?

I know this isn't RnF, but:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-25-2019 at 11:17 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in an official staff thread
TBF this is a joke thread Rogean made to troll the community, and it was extremely successful.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow: I found your posts ignorant and annoying up until this point, but that one was completely rude and uncalled for ... and in an official staff thread no less!

The people behind this server spent ten years doing something really, really hard: a tiny team of volunteer programmers re-created roughly half (the server-side) of a massive game .... a game that was originally built by a professional computer gaming company, with a paid team easily 10x P99's size. They didn't do it for their own benefit (they don't even play here!), but to give everyone else a chance to experience classic EverQuest, a game that couldn't be played anymore until they made it possible.

But nevermind all that ... because they didn't get it 100% finished by year ten, therefore everything they've done up until that point doesn't matter, and they're incompetent?

I know this isn't RnF, but:

Old 09-25-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBF this is a joke thread Rogean made to troll the community, and it was extremely successful.
Maybe I could have been more specific with my choice of words; I meant "thread started by an official staff member", not "an official staff news announcement thread".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it is, Wurl. Maybe its not. Maybe its to get a feel for how this current playerbase would react considering classic changes freak them out so much. It could have been a Troll, Rogean is talking more lately which is a plus.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We already have the ability to disable/enable buttons as needed at character select, so if we do this we will disable Erudite Shadowknights until the appropriate era.
You have broken my heart.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:

But nevermind all that ... because they didn't get it 100% finished by year ten (in large part because of technical issues: they didn't re-write the client, so they have to deal with limitations from it), therefore everything they've done up until that point doesn't matter, and they're incompetent?
Here is your explanation.

One of these guys, I think it was Loramin, linked to the wiki page that details the shortcomings of the Titanium client. This is the client the dev team had to work with and have been trying to restore the original game for 10 years. Small team doing what they can and something, not even Daybreak, has bothered to do. Sony erased the original information iirc, pretty sure they did, remember reading that somewhere. Or they didn't keep backups for it.

Edit note: One reason to suspect this a troll thread is due to the sept 2019 posters in here reverse trolling. Yes, I responded to him. I am a bit bored today, passes some time. It would be a kick if that guy was really Nilbog.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-25-2019 at 11:31 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of these guys, I think it was Loramin, linked to the wiki page that details the shortcomings of the Titanium client.
I <3 that you referenced me in a response to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(http://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium)

Old 09-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Server GM

@Rogean, black out the sky with your arrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Closed Thread