Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Default Crashing upon Zoning , Logging in to Blank Server List since Patch

Can anybody help me with this issue or at least try to help me determine what might have changed between playing on and off most of the day and once the 6PM patch hit this started occuring. Every time I zone it takes a ridiculous amount of time, 2-4 minutes where it usually only takes 10-20 seconds or whatever. If it goes over 4 minutes it will eventually get there or just crash me to desktop.

Can someone explain what the game is loading during zone time? Is this something that could be a connection issue? speedtest seems fine. I have not changed anything except the sol ro patch hit. It's been like this all night. I've crashed on zoning 11 times and sometimes it makes the zone successful but very long time.

My ping to the server is 155ms which I wish I had a screenshot to know what it might have been previously, anybody know where the server is located?

Also sometimes when I come back from crashing I come into a blank server list and have to log out and back in several times to find one. Sometimes when I make it into the green character select there is no characters listed and I have to go back to desktop and try again.

Again -- never seen any of this until tonight. any ideas?
Old 05-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hm interesting. I'm having the same issue - but I just installed EQ today so it might be something that I did myself. Server screen takes 3-4 tries to finally show a server list. Then half the time after that the character select screen is buggy and I can't log in. Once I'm in the game it's fine as normal - until I zone. Half the time it works, half the time it freezes and crashes me.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also sometimes when I come back from crashing I come into a blank server list and have to log out and back in several times to find one.
This happens to me frequently. Also often when I have not crashed or similar. Quite annoying.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Has been happening to me lately as well. I suspect some kind of connection issue around P99's server involving packet loss.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Orc

They've borked something on the network side of things with last patch imo.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=356370