Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaix1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not needed
That has nothing to do with the superiority of the strategy[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am not forcing people to level efficiently. If you prefer root/rotting, that is fine. However, it sounds like OP wants to get out of the lower Shaman levels sooner rather than later. In that case, the melee strategy is better, and not very expensive.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

and then he needs to get more ac items
because a weapon and being able to take a hit to the face dont go together
Old 08-28-2020, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

$$$

this is kinda why i take Death's opinion with a grain of salt as he thinks everyone has 10k in the bank
plus he thinks his way is better and everyone else opinion is wrong
Last edited by xaix1999; 08-28-2020 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: \_0_/
Old 08-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaix1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and then he needs to get more ac items
because a weapon and being able to take a hit to the face dont go together
Incorrect. Your slow is mitigating most of the damage, not your AC. I agree getting AC items helps, but it is not required, and a person tight on cash may not want to waste the money.

However, you can kill Halfling Guards until 40. So you can certainly make enough platinum between level 27-40 to fill all of your slots with decent gear. You make 100pp-600pp per hour at halflings, depending on how many you can kill per hour.

Quote:
$$$

this is kinda why i take Death's opinion with a grain of salt as he thinks everyone has 10k in the bank
plus he thinks his way is better and everyone else opinion is wrong
Not sure where you are getting the 10k figure from. I already showed it takes about 1.5k to get a melee Shaman going. I also show how much money you can make per hour at Halfling Guards. In 7-15 hours of Halfling Guard soloing, you will have 1.5kpp, and a good chunk of XP to boot.

I would love to be proven wrong if you can show something other than your opinion I am wrong[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-28-2020 at 04:13 PM..
Old 08-31-2020, 03:29 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would the centaur merchant just SW of treants not sell to Iksar? That was incredibly convenient for my ogre. When you get too weighed down in junk currency, just buy/sell some Great Staffs at a small loss and keep on farming.
Yes, both the centaur merchant and the aviak merchant will sell/buy from an Iksar.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Your best bet is probably duoing with a melee class. Shamans are woefully underpowered during leveling, and mana is constantly a problem.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

When you first get pet it starts getting better.

39 is really where it takes off though. That's when I first started feeling powerful.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

so i just got my shaman to 37 and I've been farming and leveling
upgraded my gear to 201 wisdom, spent about 6k plat
as i was leveling i would stick around the kunark island
i would choose my battles a lot based off the wiki info for 2-3 levels above the bottom of my consider
to keep things blue
also so i could plan out my poison or disease spells to keep my mana from being a problem
plus i got the mystic scaled set for 750
and a 150p spear
at 24 im sure i was killing giants at the giant fort looking for forest loops
you can do it friend and make money doing it
i was slowing to tank em
disease and poison them for dps
and just poking them with my spear
in groups i was tanking and healing
since debuffs make a lot of threat/hate
a monk or a necro is a good combo
with a sk i was mostly in healing mode
Last edited by xaix1999; 09-14-2020 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: \_0_/
Old 09-18-2020, 03:40 AM
Banned

Some really good discussion in this thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 2 Different shaman play styles as mentioned here are definitely viable.

To answer you OP, I would say shaman soloing is better at 29 for sure if you have a good weapon as Death mentioned because of our 1st haste spell: https://wiki.project1999.com/Quickness. Haste is a really big deal in EQ, both soloing at this level (and up to 50+) and esp in groups.
Greater healing is also a big deal at 29: https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Healing. As some others before me mentioned, you can do some fun things and get decent DPS a few places like Permafrost, maybe some snake in Runneye? with a charmed animal pet between level 29 and 34 with: https://wiki.project1999.com/Befriend_Animal.

If it still feels like a slow slog to you after 29, try some grouping in places with a good ZEM/zone experience modifier or even soling in any of these places with the highest bonuses: https://wiki.project1999.com/ZEMs. Click on the column above 30 for the diff continents until it sorts the highest numbers to the top of the table to see the places you will get the most experience per kill. Doing that, we can see Permafrost, Runneye, Splitpaw, Cazic Thule, and the Warrens all have the highest rates. You can do some soling with care in Permafrost and Cazic Thule, probably the Warrens too. Runnyeye or Splitpaw you would want to group and be pretty careful. I suggest considering grouping because people will love your greater healing ability now at 29 -34 and a good group is gonna be safer/possibly better exp in these top exp spots. Upper Guk & SolA can also still be decent for this. Money/vendorquest items are pretty fantastic for the level in Upper Guk and SolA too.

When you get to level 34, you will feel a whole lot more powerful for soloing with a full-time hasted + SoW'd(outdoors) dogdog/spirit wolf pet + you hasted with a good weapon(+ maybe haste) if you still feel up to meleeing for efficiency or fun and have soso or better ac or hp gear. If you prefer dotting and medding or it seems better while soloing, then you can send your wolf pet in to tank a bit once you have the mob slowed. Use your best judgement on which slow to use depending on if you still think the mob is doing too much damage or not with walking sleep. Walking sleep will continue to be good enough for short fights or mobs that don't hit too hard. Use Tagar's if Walking doesn't seem good enough in longer fights.

Do your best to get 5ac/55hp rings or 6ac/65hp rings too if you don't have those. Even if you prefer to root rot, that extra ac/hp if always nice if you get beat on, but more HP gives you more HP to cannibalize into mana at will. Try to get a shrunken goblin skull earring asap if you don't have one to use it after every spell you cast to be able to instantly cast another spell faster than you otherwise could (Global cooldown reset). You can cannibalize twice quickly between a med tick this way or chain cast your buffs or debuffs/dots this way. If you want to chain cast the same spell twice in a row, be sure to put that spell in your top/#1 spell gem.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
like i said

with my first character i didnt have 500p for a weapon or 1k for a haste item
so i understand

Get you lvl 24 shaman to SteamFont, farm Mino axes, and/ or go to LFay and camp Sisters ad nauseum or until you get enough to get yourself a FBSS & decent ratio 2 hander.

As some said earlier, absolutely no need to be a "filthy" twink to do so.
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 09-18-2020 at 10:25 AM..
Closed Thread