Default Invis Spells and Items should make a Rogue IVU

Patch Message 1/20/2000:
Quote:
*Rogue Enhancement*

Whenever a rogue is invisible, whether by spell, potion, or skill, they are now
also invisible to undead.

This change was made to add a definite class-advantage to the rogue, allowing
them to do something that no other class could do. It is the first step in a
multi-step process to improve the rogue class.
Apparently regular invis spells and items made a Rogue IVU as well. Bummey had tested for me in game and confirmed this is currently not working.

This could help a rogue out a lot when zoning since H/S doesn't carry over, could be an additional benefit of their Sky mask (insta cast invis), bigger benefit in underwater zones, faster semi-safe travel, and may also assist them on some pulls.

I interpret this as a mob that has 'see invis' but not 'see hide' would still see the rogue, the benefit would be faster run speed at the cost of less stealth (and being reliant upon an item / spell).

I had came across some posts mentioning this worked but I believe they are 2003 / 2004 mentions, I'll try and find more in era. I'll try and find more corroboration but search functions with this are proving to be difficult as they almost always return results related to hide / sneak.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Banned

As a rogue on live I can confirm this. The cloak of shadows clicky (Lublin) was incredibly sought after for this (which had a spell name similar to the rogue AA hide enhancement, shroud of stealth I think?). Same applies for rog sky mask but I never got one of those.

Benefit was you could zone with ‘hide’ active, so KOS zone entrances weren’t an issue, like solC, hate, fear etc.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Rogue sky mask isn't insta cast as it should be like you noted. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=crystal+mask

But now we are likely past or next patch will be at that timeline.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue sky mask isn't insta cast as it should be like you noted. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=crystal+mask

But now we are likely past or next patch will be at that timeline.
What a good bug post that was.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure I helped you with that one IIRC

<3 dald - happy t-day broski
Old 11-24-2017, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Found a reference, albeit slightly out of era (01/05/2002) it clearly references the patch and describes how it works. First poster seems unaware of Invis making you IVU as well, another poster later corrects him:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7748

Quote:
well, take off the nodrop tag and you have... an item with 2 second cast time for invis spell, for a class with 0 second click time invis skill..
before 60 it would mean running faster while invis(but you won't be invis to undead anymore), but by 60, rogues can move about as fast with sneak on as they do with it off
Quote:
Do you play a rogue? If not, you might want to be careful what you say about us. If so, you might want to look into some more info about us. When Verant patched in our invis to undead for being hidden, they also said that ANY form of invis is ITU for us. This includes Camo, Invisibility, Sup. Camo, Bardsongs. My fiancee and I have run through Kith on her invis songs before. She gets aggro, I don't.
Other quotes from that thread:

Quote:
You'd best check that with your local Bard. The item gives Invis to living/dead to Rogues innately, as do all regular invises for Rogues. It doesn't work that way for Bards however (providing only regular Invisibility at present).
Quote:
I am a 60 rogue.. and i have this item and it is VERY nice.. and its more than invis.. its rogue sneak/hide invis(undead also) and lasts 2min..
Quote:
As a 60 rogue, i seriously hope that you know that ~any~ sort of invis spell on you would act like sneak/hide...
if you don't believe me go to lguk and have some ranger cast Improved Camo on you and run around and con the ghouls....
Interesting to note that the last quote mentions it functioning the same as a sneak/hide... perhaps I'm mistaken that 'see invis' mobs would be able to see you when a rogue is invisibile by spell (not skill)? I always thought mobs had a special 'see rogue-hide' ability, but was it basically 'see rogue-invis'? If so, any invis spell on a rogue should be exact same as sneak/hide?
Last edited by Rygar; 11-24-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-10-2018, 02:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a reference, albeit slightly out of era (01/05/2002) it clearly references the patch and describes how it works. First poster seems unaware of Invis making you IVU as well, another poster later corrects him:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7748

Other quotes from that thread:

Interesting to note that the last quote mentions it functioning the same as a sneak/hide... perhaps I'm mistaken that 'see invis' mobs would be able to see you when a rogue is invisibile by spell (not skill)? I always thought mobs had a special 'see rogue-hide' ability, but was it basically 'see rogue-invis'? If so, any invis spell on a rogue should be exact same as sneak/hide?
Rygar, I also played a rogue on live, and remember this being the case. I carried a Larrikans Mask just for the reason of having the ability to zone and remain Invis (which was the same level as sneak/hide for rogues then)

I actually upon coming to P99 and playing a rogue alt here thought this was automatically the case, that ANY type of invis spell cast on my rogue would be as though I were sneak/hidden. I was shocked to find out it was not. Coincedentally I originally thought rogues did not gain the ability to be invis to undead until level 10 or 15. As it is on P99 rogue hide is invis to the undead as of level 1.

When I learned about what a Goblin Gazughi Ring (I dont think I ever heard of this item on live) was , I immediately in my live-rogue brain thought, every rogue should have this. Tested it out on a friends ring and found this to not work like I had hoped.

Another point about Rogue-level hide/sneak is, I clearly remembered while sneaking around Old Sebilis on my 60 rogue on live, that some of the frogs would randomly see invis (Casters invis on themselves/other non-rogues for example, although I thought it was Knights/Wizards only, maybe Shaman too) in addition some fewer % of these random mobs of that type would also see through rogue Hide as well.(Sneak as we all know now, and I knew then, was always indifferent from behind and cannot be "seen" through)

Sorry for my lack of evidence, but I was just stunned to see this discussion existing after my own findings.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Default Rogues should get IVU when Invis

Recently there was a bug report bumped detailing the classic functionality of Crystal Mask.(https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=170893) It was an Instant click invis that could be used on the rogue who wore it or anyone he targeted.

Now this triggered some memories from live when my rogue had this mask and used it extensively. But I used this to enter HS, and doing drags in Seb to avoid the slow of sneak, and this only makes sense if invis grants IVU also.

Today I found the proof.

Date: January 20th 2000
Source: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...st/FPJmfQtRXZY

Excerpt:Rogue Enhancement
Whenever a rogue is invisible, whether by spell, potion, or skill, they are now
also invisible to undead.

This function does not exist in P99 and it should.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Former Guide

This was already reported, will merge threads.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Bump - this is a critical fix now that Crystal Mask is "invisibility"

Crystal mask, when self cast on rogue, should count as Invis AND Ivu (as well as all other invis spells, but not IVU or IVA)

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Last edited by ricquire; 10-14-2020 at 09:35 AM..