Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 03:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile Returning after a (very) long time

Greetings !

I'm an old new (or is it new old ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) player, returning after a very long pause, I basically stopped playing just after Luclin came out.

I tried playing the live version but I didn't really like it so, after a brief search, I found out about Project 1999 and decided to give it a try since it seems to cover the exact period I experienced when I was in middle school [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those interested, I played on Antonius Bayle back then - on glorious dial-up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's been a long time so I don't really remember much details about the game but the Wiki is impressively thorough so it should be fine. Congrats to the contributors BTW !

I'm wondering if there is a European centric guild on the green server ? I'm living in Belgium, so a CET (UTC+1) schedule would be best but I can accommodate.
A (semi) casual guild would be best since I don't have the leisure to play 6 jours a day anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See you ingame !
Old 05-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back! Green is a lot of fun. I’m in one of the biggest guilds, Kingdom and we have folks from all over the world. We have enough people to raid at all hours. I’m sure there are a few other guilds like that too. Look us up via Discord. That’s the new team speak/ message board for P99 now a days.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:28 PM
Orc

Hello! I'm an former Antonius Bayle player here (well Venril Sathir then AB after 2004).

Green is a fantastic taste of old EQ. I've only seen one dedicated Euro guild (Euro Crew) but because the server is new there are people playing at all times !

I'm based in the UK so likely on same play time. Shout if you need any help !
Old 05-21-2020, 01:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for your replies !

I hope I'll be able to begin playing today if time permits. I've become increasingly jaded with modern games and I think a nice throwback to classic EQ could be what I need.

After I've settled on my main character, which has always been a struggle for me (so many interesting classes ! ), I'll be sure to let you guys know if/when I need any help.

I'm currently hesitating between a druid (for convenience and ease of play) or an enchanter (for challenging gameplay), any thoughts ?
Closed Thread