Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Default Erud's Tonic

I'm finally getting around to doing the Stein of Moggok quest.

While doing this quest, I remembered what really bothered me about old school EQ quests. It's the very particular verbiage for some quests. I didn't use the wiki and I have never done this quest before so I ended up going to all the vendors in Erudin looking for Erud's Tonic and asking about it. Nothing.

Finally, I cheated and used the wiki. It's a very particular way of asking that gets a response.

My question is; who figured this quest out first? Does anyone know if the GM's helped out on some of these quests in the early days?
Are there still some obscure quests in the game that no one has done because of this type of specific wording?
Old 09-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Skeleton

When I played EQ back in 2000 I was amazed at how people figured out these quests. I remember a post back then about many quests being unsolved and undiscovered. Even now there are still plenty of unsolved quests. Want to try and solve the High Guard Battlestaff?

http://wiki.project1999.com/High_Guard_Battlestaff
Old 09-26-2020, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

On Live, quests were a huge part of the thrill of the initial game. Stein of Moggok and Soulfire took a lot of time to figure out, and the Internet was new to many and websites were primitive, poorly connected and poorly indexed (compared to today). Even if you found a walkthrough for the quest, it might not be that great.

Figuring the stuff out was fun, and it usually resulted in something better than rusty weapons which was a treat back then. I’d love classic-quality, -difficult, -esoteric and -style custom content, and so I pray to Nilbog. I like to imagine a new Green-esque server some day that’s loaded with unknown content and with era unlocks that are unknown. Imagine all the broken quests that could get implemented and the abandoned storylines that could get fleshed out... the original game was largely driven by the mysterious war against the shadowed men and associated lore, which was all abandoned pretty quickly. The remains and legacies of the ancient Norrathian empires got some decent attention in Kunark and Velious (and Luclin and LDoN actually...), but there could have been so much more.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread