Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-28-2022, 01:46 PM
Banned

power bottom
Old 02-28-2022, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the vast majority of cases soloing is just faster XP ... and that's not even counting the time lost trying to find a group.

Back when the Hole was the place to be I would bring my mage there hoping to get a group. It would often take hours to find one, if I could at all, and then it would take awhile more to actually get to that group. Once I finally did I often earned less XP (just depending on the location, group make-up, etc.) than I could solo ... and eventually I gave up on grouping.
Holes have broken many mens spirits.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:25 PM
Aviak

I'll echo what some others have said:

Real life just provides less reliable free time than it did when I was in my teens. On live I would group for hours on end, but now I might only get an hour or two to play during what are typically off-hours. And even then, I might have to leave for some household responsibility at a moment's notice.

What I would love is to have others who I know in real life to group with, but for anyone who never played back in the day, it's a hard sell to convince them to slog through a 20-year old game.

There's also the feeling of, "Well, I could join this group but I'm in such an unreliable place that I would probably be a hindrance rather than an asset."
Old 02-28-2022, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Maybe someone could form the "casual grouping" guild. Where every member was someone who was only ever on for a couple hours at a time, and always wanted to group. Want to group up? Just ask in guild chat. People have to leave soon? No problem because so do you.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a Massively Mulitplayer Online Role Playing. Why would spend a significant amount of time playing Muliplayer game all by yourself. If you want to play by yourself, why not just play a Single Player game? Like Skyrim, or Morrowind, or really any single player modern, or old game that will have a much better Single Player experience than a Mulitplayer game.
Why do groups min/max XP and not fill their empty slots? Maybe that's why some people are soloing
Old 02-28-2022, 04:09 PM
Banned

Even when I casually grouped with random people I ran into while solo.

I still struggled with it. There where some great 30 monute sessions and some great 6 hour ones I struggled with to keep up with and I felt really bad leaving around the 6 hour mark.

Back in 2013 I could literally poopsock everything with pals for 72 hrs almost straight sometimes.

That was bad. I probably hurt myself and others doing that.

All this said I have really fond memories of even the silliest least efficient pointless groups. And if you can afford to smell the roses or axe body wash and aftershave. It's always worth it. Just prioritize yourself and your family over the game and try to keep a regular exercise and sleep routine. Those are the first hull plates to go on my ship.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:10 PM
Kobold

The ruleset incentivizes it. Doing content with less people is the most rewarding.

As for the second part it is the multiplayer economy.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its fun to show off an extremely well done twink.
This is why it was so fun to level Chocomao. I think he was within the first 10 Bard epics in the game. At level 46. So any group I joined, people were like, wtf?
Old 02-28-2022, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Last time I was in a group, two bucktoofed snaggletooths were bickering nonstop because the one guy wasn't assisting quickly enough

Uh yeah I don't really blame people for not wanting to deal with that
Old 02-28-2022, 04:41 PM
Banned

The shards of dalaya group xp bonuses and variable ZEM's based on how much time your char had personally spent in a zone are two of the very few things I think would actually improve a classic-in-spirit server, even though they would be wildly un-classic