Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Gauging Interest - Item Links In Macros

Contemplating making a write-up on how to create item links inside of your macros for all of you professional EC Tunnel crawlers out there. I can't recall seeing any valid information posted on these forums to do so.

Would you use something like this?

Keep in mind that this is the same method used for making fake links, which would lead to colored pull/healing/whatever messages as well.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

The way it used to be done you had to:

/hot HotkeyName Itemlink

Then open your ini file and you could make links for any item in game if you knew thre item ID and exact spelling. Sadly that doesn't work here.

But the SUPER sad thing, is that we have these unclassic Item Links. I'd like to see item links disabled so we can prosper in classicness.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Actually, it does work. Which is why I'm asking if people would make use of a write-up on how to do it.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Kobold

I have a hotkey on my monk for pulling "Incoming >> %T <<" Where the %T shows up as Itemlink text color. I used this guide here, which seems to work just fine in our current client.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 05-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

The item link symbols seem to be appropriate from that guide, but the item ID string is not. They were changed multiple times throughout EQ, and the one I see in that guide is a few digits too long.

Nor does it explain how to obtain valid ID's, especially with ;tell itemlink being nerfed on these servers iirc.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Valid IDs are available on Lucy unless the devs are changing them around here.

I'd have to double check the way I did it on Mac server, I had hotkeys that listed entire raid mobs loot tables, but I think... It was either 7 or 8 digits. With the first 2-4 being 0's. But I haven't really messed around with it on this server.

I mean... If you want to write the guide write it. Don't think you'll get enough replies either way here to sway your decision though to be honest.

PS - Devs, let's get classic up in here and remove that pink text from the client somehow with magic and stuff.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Personally I'd prefer it we had to type out all of the stats on items and open up trade windows with people to show them our bags of wares. That was the best time for trading in EC imo.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I'd prefer it we had to type out all of the stats on items and open up trade windows with people to show them our bags of wares. That was the best time for trading in EC imo.
this guy knows what's up
Old 05-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this guy knows what's up
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wholeheartedly agree, but as to my current understanding, item links are handled client-side only.

Which would require patching the eqgame.exe. Despite being able to push out binary patches to enable that sort of thing within the realm of legality, it would create another potential barrier to connecting to the server for the less tech savvy amongst us.
Closed Thread