Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Serious question: Are there any cities in the US that have done the, 'you can safely do illegal drugs here' thing that have seen benefits to it? Like decreased use or decreased deaths? Maybe I just never think that stuff works because I'm from California and I've seen how those kind of policies have worked out in the long run.
Nowhere I know of in the USA

In places in Europe they have a setup of this: you can qualify for a government heroin program, but the stipulations are high. For one, you have to be in the back half of your life (if I recall it was like 35 or 40+) AND you have to have proof that you have gone through multiple rehabs or drug treatment programs without success. Not that you went for a few weeks and quit, but had to prove you completed the entire program. Multiple of those

Then once all that is proven, the setup is similar to a methadone clinic. You have to arrive at certain times, you cannot leave with the drug. You are in a room monitored by medical staff to make sure you don’t OD. You are given 100% pure lab made heroin or something similar, not something cut with stuff like the cartel sells

The (supposed) benefits are:

- takes money out of drug-selling gang hands, since they can’t compete with free 100% pure lab made stuff, people have much less incentive to buy from them

- because it’s free, there’s less need to steal to fund one’s drug habit, so drug related crime goes down

The negatives are:

- family members of the program utilizers say the government is giving up on them getting over their addiction and just wants them to use until they die. The people that care about them don’t like it
Old 12-07-2021, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The negatives are:

- family members of the program utilizers say the government is giving up on them getting over their addiction and just wants them to use until they die. The people that care about them don’t like it
Opiates\oids are definitely a really destructive force. We already kind of have an attitude in the US of "addict for life" with our treatments; things like suboxone and methadone are just sanctioned and regulated heroin, essentially. You can OD on either of those as well. They say they just block the withdrawal effects, but that's because they ARE opioids, so I'm sure they do.

The idea is to taper down, but many addicts report withdrawls from suboxone being much worse and longer lasting than heroin itself.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opiates\oids are definitely a really destructive force. We already kind of have an attitude in the US of "addict for life" with our treatments; things like suboxone and methadone are just sanctioned and regulated heroin, essentially. You can OD on either of those as well. They say they just block the withdrawal effects, but that's because they ARE opioids, so I'm sure they do.

The idea is to taper down, but many addicts report withdrawls from suboxone being much worse and longer lasting than heroin itself.
Yeah it’s true they are opioids. And they do have withdrawal. And methadone in particular is even more dangerous than opioids if you mix it with stuff. For example methadone + 5 beers can kill you

But methadone does have its success stories. My cousin is one of them. Was using AND selling heroin, his legs are all scarred up from when he was shooting into them. Got on a methadone program, stayed on it about a year, slowly tapered off, never relapsed. Now works as an electrician and has a 4yr old daughter and gf. They lived with me for a few years at my house

But a lot of people have been stuck on methadone for 10, 20+ years too
Old 12-07-2021, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it’s true they are opioids. And they do have withdrawal. And methadone in particular is even more dangerous than opioids if you mix it with stuff. For example methadone + 5 beers can kill you

But methadone does have its success stories. My cousin is one of them. Was using AND selling heroin, his legs are all scarred up from when he was shooting into them. Got on a methadone program, stayed on it about a year, slowly tapered off, never relapsed. Now works as an electrician and has a 4yr old daughter and gf. They lived with me for a few years at my house

But a lot of people have been stuck on methadone for 10, 20+ years too
Oh definitely I know a couple success stories as well. In fact I think there's some kind of new long-release buprenorphine (sub) that you only get once a month, and it gradually maintains a low level of the drug for the whole month. Apparently it's showing a LOT of promise so far, something like 10x more effective at maintaining sobriety than normal oral suboxone.

It's disturbing how many people I've met who are on some kind of opioid maintenance therapy who you would *never* think were addicts when you meet them.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nowhere I know of in the USA

In places in Europe they have a setup of this: you can qualify for a government heroin program, but the stipulations are high. For one, you have to be in the back half of your life (if I recall it was like 35 or 40+) AND you have to have proof that you have gone through multiple rehabs or drug treatment programs without success. Not that you went for a few weeks and quit, but had to prove you completed the entire program. Multiple of those

Then once all that is proven, the setup is similar to a methadone clinic. You have to arrive at certain times, you cannot leave with the drug. You are in a room monitored by medical staff to make sure you don’t OD. You are given 100% pure lab made heroin or something similar, not something cut with stuff like the cartel sells

The (supposed) benefits are:

- takes money out of drug-selling gang hands, since they can’t compete with free 100% pure lab made stuff, people have much less incentive to buy from them

- because it’s free, there’s less need to steal to fund one’s drug habit, so drug related crime goes down

The negatives are:

A bullet is the only cure for an addict, sadly
Old 12-07-2021, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bullet is the only cure for an addict, sadly
That's ridiculous, many addicts (opiates, booze or otherwise) successfully complete treatment and remain sober for the rest of their lives. Are you yet another resident p99 crazy person?
Old 12-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yes let’s hand hold them through AA and sobriety for eternity. If you can’t handle your liquor, I don’t trust you, and I’d guess God doesn’t either

Not to mention Coke, opioids, meth. sad BIGLY
Old 12-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yes let’s hand hold them through AA and sobriety for eternity. If you can’t handle your liquor, I don’t trust you, and I’d guess God doesn’t either

Not to mention Coke, opioids, meth. sad BIGLY
Old 12-07-2021, 10:40 PM
Banned

Hodge Twins talking about it (paraphrased): “He paid them with a check. Why not use cash to not have a paper trail? Jussie, did you write in the check memo ‘Fake hate crime’?”

Lol
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 12-07-2021, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

black people don't leave tips either
Closed Thread