Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 10:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having fun just leveling up and playing the game? Stamina
Wanna be the uber ultra end game raider someday? Cha
Dont forget if you are a Brell warrior you can use that Dwarf Cultural stuff to overcome your gnomeness lack of fighting statsness. a literal full suit of that stuff (minus misc pieces like a haste item) will easily land your str/sta into mid 100s. My dwarf pal has a literal full suit minus cloak of flames and is scratching that 200 stat barrier without buffs
Going for End game. I have a full set of Giant faction armor for him and a set of Clockwork Watchers armor
Old 10-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can buff 95 stamina with PE.

Stats are irrelevant. Put them in charisma.
Stats are relevant.

You can't stack PE and Avatar, so Avatar is overall better than the 20 to STA you get with PE.

CHA is good for Divine Intervention, so if you plan on raid tanking and getting all BiS gear going CHA is ideal, since raid tank gear has boatloads of STR and STA, and you will have Avatar for AGI and DEX. CHA isn't too common on high tank gear.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-08-2020 at 10:51 AM..
Old 10-08-2020, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stats are relevant.

You can't stack PE and Avatar, so Avatar is overall better than the 20 to STA you get with PE.

CHA is good for Divine Intervention, so if you plan on raid tanking and getting all BiS gear going CHA is ideal, since raid tank gear has boatloads of STR and STA, and you will have Avatar for AGI and DEX. CHA isn't too common on high tank gear.
Cool.

Except who the fuck has avatar as a tank, it does zero for aggro generation. If you have the option of a buff that does nothing for aggro generation, or one that increases HP, i'll take the HP. As a DPS when not tanking, sure thing primal up bro.

And the CHA BiS tank argument is 20 years old, holds no water, or every single tank would be highest possible CHA race/starting stats/Cha buff etc. It's simply not a thing as DI is reliable without any cha buffs, and more often than not on P1999 due to the MASSIVE atk ratings, you get one rounded from 20% to 0 anyway. Or 40% on Aow.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

You will not only have avatar, you will have avatar+fos... That fix most non sta melee stats
Old 10-09-2020, 04:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool.

Except who the fuck has avatar as a tank, it does zero for aggro generation. If you have the option of a buff that does nothing for aggro generation, or one that increases HP, i'll take the HP. As a DPS when not tanking, sure thing primal up bro.

And the CHA BiS tank argument is 20 years old, holds no water, or every single tank would be highest possible CHA race/starting stats/Cha buff etc. It's simply not a thing as DI is reliable without any cha buffs, and more often than not on P1999 due to the MASSIVE atk ratings, you get one rounded from 20% to 0 anyway. Or 40% on Aow.
I've been raiding a while on several toons. Only 1 or 2 mobs I've ever seen DI used on. and because chain was tight never have seen it activate. So thats why the Cha doesn't make since to me either. Hence since so much str and stam on gear + buffs AGi seems smart for a Gnome warrior

As per avatar I would get a 2hander and Since I'm a gnome I carry Eyestalks from tinkering to hit to proc avatar.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should make a BiS gear Magelo and see what a gnome is missing even after buffs cookie clicker. You can get at least 150 STR, DEX, and AGI with Avatar and the Shaman stat buffs. There are less STA buffs available in game, so Stamina is probably the right choice.
This is all strength!
Closed Thread