Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

I leveled a Troll SK on Blue before the penalty was removed. It honestly wasn't that bad. The nice thing about SK's is they can solo quite well, and you get regeneration. So you are going to be killing more than other melee classes, and you can make good money killing guards. That is actually the nice thing about the xp penalty: more time getting money per level on guards before they green out.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

At the worst you just get to spend more time playing the game you enjoy. Hardly a problem.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The brutal parts are the hell levels. When you can't see any progress after a few kills, it just feels like you're wasting your time.
Back in the day, people used to put tape on their monitor to cover up the xp bar so you wouldn't be discouraged by how slow it moved.

I leveled a ranger to 50 on green with the 40% penalty. It wasn't that bad, except for 45.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I leveled a ranger to 50 on green with the 40% penalty. It wasn't that bad, except for 45.
lol, between vanilla content, the xp penalty, and the zem nerf to SolB making group xp nearly as slow as solo, 45 was the level that never ended for my ranger. Or so it seemed at the time
Old 07-18-2020, 12:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

30 was probably the level that felt the slowest for my ranger. 45 was bad, but mostly because I had trouble finding groups. Most of the exp in SolB is awful, but anything moving it forward is still better than nothing.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, between vanilla content, the xp penalty, and the zem nerf to SolB making group xp nearly as slow as solo, 45 was the level that never ended for my ranger. Or so it seemed at the time
I did very little xp'ing in solb. I did 45 in 2 sessions at CT archon pyramid. Even being mostly xp greens, the xp was still solid. After 45 I was fortunate that several guildies were regularly forming Kedge groups, so I cruised from 47-50 in a couple days in Kedge.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30 was probably the level that felt the slowest for my ranger. 45 was bad, but mostly because I had trouble finding groups. Most of the exp in SolB is awful, but anything moving it forward is still better than nothing.
Hey Zaejii! You make it to 50 yet? I've been helping my brother level his necro (hes 48 now). I'll keep an eye out for you when I log on. We can ranger/necro duo somewhere for xp.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Zaejii! You make it to 50 yet? I've been helping my brother level his necro (hes 48 now). I'll keep an eye out for you when I log on. We can ranger/necro duo somewhere for xp.
48 and slowly climbing. Would rather group than root/rot stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2020, 03:14 PM
Skeleton

So the penalty is still on blue?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golith999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the penalty is still on blue?
Racial penalties still exist, but class penalties are removed on blue. This is the better of the two options for hybrids, since hybrid class XP penalty was like -40%. The worst racial penalty is -20% on Trolls and Iksars.