Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

If you have any endgame goals, like an epic, that might play a big factor in your choice. Pretty unlikely you'll see one on Green on any character unless you're in whatever big boy guild is grabbing all the major targets. But when Green eventually rolls over into Blue, you'll have a much easier time grabbing a Ranger epic than an SK.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:12 AM
Kobold

I would say Iksar SK or Monk. Everyone is starting out at level 1 and Monk might be a nice substitute for the Ranger.

Praise Amun!
Old 11-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

I do not have an abundance of time to play these days but can jump on for a few hours at a time...

I am thinking of trying one of two classes I have never played but always was curious about SK or a ranger

For a few hours at a time, you should play a solo class.

I would suggest a fresh new iksar necromancer since they're hot and fresh and an amazing solo class.

Or I would suggest an ogre shaman, or a druid of any race.

Lastly I would suggest an enchanter.

Of the two mellee you chose, the SK is a better solo choice IMO and I am a ranger guy.

But really the spell casters will let you be a lot more effective in 2 or 3 hours than the melees
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Make your goals smaller than your limited play time will not seem so bad either. Literally just log in and it's ok if I kill 1 skele every hr or 1 skele every 3 hrs as a cleric, I may only log in, kill 2 skeles, med to full, and log out.

It's the way to solo level in this game without burning out IMO.

It may take 1 year to hit 40+ but by then you will have accrued some neato exp and items along the way and u will have an easier time 'grinding' if thats what ya need to finish out towards 55+

the game is incredibly slow at 51+ tho regardless of if a solo grinding machine or in a grp - gprs are just generally safer and faster at those levels. I dunno what to say - ranger can be awesome. I never played a ranger with good gear but my naked rangers were great. And if you go after the right mobs outdoors it works out wonderfully. Also there are some animals that drop pelts and stuff that are worth money in the long run.

I actually post more than I kill mobs in game lol I think its kinda funny now that i think about it, tho I recommend you don't become a forumdweller, forumquest actually sucks away my time before I even realize it even tho I am a 'low content' poster.

In EQ it's more who ya know, and what ya know, and what kind of player ya are, then what your character can do.

if ya still got your old necro around, feed some quickly gotten generic loot to ur babies and have fun ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-24-2020 at 01:37 PM..
Closed Thread