Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2023, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-27-2023, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajeeem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
has there been any officicial announcement?
Nope, the staff get their kicks keeping the playerbase in the dark. Around the corner could be a new green, or no new green ever, or a crippling nerf to enchanters because of some archeological obscure forum post find now gimping your main or new character. You never know!

Yes yes we should all be happy p99 exists but it WOULD be nice with a word every now and then.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

I'm bored with servers at this point. Just waiting on reset.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:32 PM
Aviak

I am just returning to p99; can someone refer me to where I can find a summary of the different server attributes?

Reading between the lines, it looks to me like Green server periodically resets but Blue will always remain static?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2023, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zt004 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just returning to p99; can someone refer me to where I can find a summary of the different server attributes?

Reading between the lines, it looks to me like Green server periodically resets but Blue will always remain static?

Thanks!
That's pretty much it. We haven't had a reset of green yet so we really don't know exactly what will happen. It was said that green characters would be moved to blue for the rest but until it all happens we don't know for sure.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Wait for the new Green server to start playing. It should be open in just a few more years ��
Old 01-28-2023, 07:56 AM
Kobold

I voted asap.

I started on blue, 6 years before launch of green. Played for a while, real life took over, left for a while, came back when time permitted, etc. Pretty casual most times, with periods of harder core playtime mixed in.

Green rolled out, I jumped in. Fresh builds, less tunnelquest. That is the EQ I enjoy. Rolled lots of alts on green, got most into teens, some into 20s by the time velious came out. But once velious was out, why stay on green with higher prices and lower level toons, when I had higher leveled toons on blue and can gear them up much easier? Neither server at this point was playable for the self made character, outside of guilds like Auld Lang Syne, which I had a couple toons in. So, back to blue. Green characters collecting dust.

If a new green came out, I would roll one or two characters to focus on and try not to fall behind the timeline. That may be hard to do as a casual, but I do want to try again.

Blue and (old)green will still be there for me. The abandoned characters I have now on green may even get a fresh look and some playtime if they got merged with my mains on blue.

Edit-----

And yes, I read the disclaimer that the servers would eventually merge. So when I started rolling green toons along side my blue, I made a spreadsheet to track all my characters on all my accounts. Made sure the sum of blue + green characters did not go over 8 on any single login. Once I hit that point, I created a new login. They did not hide that bit of information, they were very open about it from the start.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 01-28-2023 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: add comment about # of characters
Old 01-28-2023, 09:40 AM
Orc

Considering this game is played by older people, I would hope they don't launch it in the spring/summer. I would think Late Summer/Early Fall would be ideal for most older gamers (fewer family commitments). Let's face it, the hardcore folks will race to the end no matter when it's released.

I would also opt for a slower release of content. Let the lower-level zones get used a lot more. Not everyone races to the end level, I find it a shame that there is so much unused content on these servers as is.

Let's face it the entire appeal of this Project is old content/game mechanics and the social interaction that is required to progress, I just think it would be awesome if somehow the lower-level stuff kept its appeal longer if servers are going to keep recycling, considering end game content is always available on Blue.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Wipe blue, reset green, demand is Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Old 01-28-2023, 05:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

A reset as soon as possible would be extremely neat and cool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]