Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-27-2023, 11:31 AM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,014
Default

Bind on Hammer Hill or get an OT mallet. When you are bored or doing chores sit there and sling TL’s to people for plat when you aren’t leveling.

When you want to grind, head over so where and quad.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2023, 12:38 PM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector

Jimjam's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,474
Default

I bound at OOT AC and quaded specs / seafuries. Or burnt AC ph. Or port to cs to quad wyverns/drakes. Careful with the drakes though, they got a dragon breath thing.

Apparently WL suits are good but I never tried it.

Eye of Zomm + worker’s mallet for bank / finding fares. Lost staff of the scorned for vendor / bank.
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2023, 03:42 PM
Tewaz Tewaz is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter is the one class I've honestly tried to like in this game. I love all the cool flashy shit they get and multiple times I wanted to make one into a main. Never got past level 15 though. The last time I tried, I was twinked pretty well and it still took 50% health and 100% mana just to kill two bandits.

But that aside, knowing all this stuff just kind of kills my interest in the class.

-It's a genuinely tough class with a very high skillcap.
-Even the best of enchanters die regularly.
-It's difficult to do tradeskills with given that we're not allowed to put our points into INT. My enchanter had as hard of a time doing tailoring as my ranger did.
-The epic is gatekept to hell and back by the cartels controlling Verina and Drozlin.
-It's a very popular class nonetheless and might have raid stacking issues.

All of that is why I have a tough time getting into an enchanter. But this thread isn't about rerolling into another class or trying to find a guild. It's about finding cool soloable no-drop Seal of Thoridain style items that my wizard could work toward. Does anyone have any suggestions on that front?
Not trying to sound mean here, but most of these points are wrong. Enc is a very fun and fast leveling class.

1-20 use your summoned pet. Give it a high damage 2h rusted weapon and it will murder most things.

Enchanters die when they are doing difficult content, not while leveling outside solo stuff 50+.

High charisma helps with lull, pacify, etc and a bit on charming. If you want to build in int, go crazy.

Epic is a nice item, but the effect on it isn't used for most hasting at the highest level. It isn't a must have like Cleric or Rogue epics are.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2023, 06:13 PM
tadkins tadkins is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drachnid Thyxl is an option to the phenocryst.
Oh yeah I found that one. Looked interesting, but I do genuinely fear that I could camp the area, get the widow to spawn, ask in the zone for help, and some 60 good guy comes and just takes it instead. People are seriously mean and opportunistic on this server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also don’t reroll if you’re looking to raid. Through raiding you can get the items and plat you desire.
That's what I've heard but tbh I've been through three guilds on this server and none of them felt like a home. It's why I've made peace with being a solo player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get an OT mallet.
I do really want one of those still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bound at OOT AC and quaded specs / seafuries. Or burnt AC ph. Or port to cs to quad wyverns/drakes. Careful with the drakes though, they got a dragon breath thing.

Apparently WL suits are good but I never tried it.

Eye of Zomm + worker’s mallet for bank / finding fares. Lost staff of the scorned for vendor / bank.
yup my life is basically wyverns right now, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to sound mean here, but most of these points are wrong. Enc is a very fun and fast leveling class.
Naw it doesn't sound mean. I totally get it. Those points are all things I'm glad to be wrong on, because part of me keeps getting the urge to try enchanter over and over again.

On the epic thing though, it really is mostly because I still dream of earning an epic one day. It's still a life goal of mine. So I've been just shying away from classes with the insanely tough epics (enchanter, bard, mage, etc) and have considered trying classes solely because they have easy epics, like rogue or cleric or shaman. I picked wizard in the end because while it isn't the easiest, it's also not impossible like some. The happy balance between those two examples.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-2023, 08:14 PM
PatChapp PatChapp is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah I found that one. Looked interesting, but I do genuinely fear that I could camp the area, get the widow to spawn, ask in the zone for help, and some 60 good guy comes and just takes it instead. People are seriously mean and opportunistic on this server.



That's what I've heard but tbh I've been through three guilds on this server and none of them felt like a home. It's why I've made peace with being a solo player.



I do really want one of those still.



yup my life is basically wyverns right now, haha



Naw it doesn't sound mean. I totally get it. Those points are all things I'm glad to be wrong on, because part of me keeps getting the urge to try enchanter over and over again.

On the epic thing though, it really is mostly because I still dream of earning an epic one day. It's still a life goal of mine. So I've been just shying away from classes with the insanely tough epics (enchanter, bard, mage, etc) and have considered trying classes solely because they have easy epics, like rogue or cleric or shaman. I picked wizard in the end because while it isn't the easiest, it's also not impossible like some. The happy balance between those two examples.
People on this server are overall friendly.
You will never get a wizard epic unless you join a raiding guild and raid at least occasionally.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-2023, 08:47 PM
tadkins tadkins is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People on this server are overall friendly.
I truly wish I could believe that, but I've experienced nothing but neglect and abuse from fellow players here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will never get a wizard epic unless you join a raiding guild and raid at least occasionally.
I'm aware. All I can do is hope that green does merge with blue, or that open raids become a thing again. Until then i'm just trying to have fun with the game as much as possible solo. I can still at least get to 60 on my own, and no one has a say in that. Maybe that drachnid thyxl will become soloable at 60. That can be my "epic".
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-2023, 10:19 PM
Vexenu Vexenu is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 949
Default

Dude, stop screwing around on a Wizard and roll a Necro if you're going to continue with this "woe is me I'm a solo player for life" mentality. That's a class that's literally designed to solo. Speaking as someone who's leveled both, you will feel MUCH more powerful and useful on the Necro, and be able to do a lot more stuff solo. It's also a much more fun class. As an unguilded solo player, the Wizard is literally only better for porting yourself around. And that's largely pointless, because... what are you even porting yourself for to begin with? To go be useless in another zone?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-2023, 11:20 PM
tadkins tadkins is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, stop screwing around on a Wizard and roll a Necro if you're going to continue with this "woe is me I'm a solo player for life" mentality. That's a class that's literally designed to solo. Speaking as someone who's leveled both, you will feel MUCH more powerful and useful on the Necro, and be able to do a lot more stuff solo. It's also a much more fun class. As an unguilded solo player, the Wizard is literally only better for porting yourself around. And that's largely pointless, because... what are you even porting yourself for to begin with? To go be useless in another zone?
Porting is great since chances are, if I do want to do something, that thing is already being done/camped and more often than not on the green server I have to resort to my 4th or 5th choice because everything's so ultra-competitive. On any other class I'd be stuck in OoT waiting for a boat when I find the sisters camped or seafuries overpopulated.

Necro is a great class mechanically but I'm not a fan thematically. I don't want to play something that spends all day in a dusty tomb surrounded by diseases and dead things, and sold their soul to an evil god. It's an overpopulated class too. Never felt like more of a nobody than when I started an iksar necromancer and did a /who in Field of Bone.

Plus their epic is the goofiest looking thing in the world lol.
Last edited by tadkins; 01-27-2023 at 11:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-2023, 04:55 AM
sajbert sajbert is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 305
Default

Druid.

Druid has an easier Epic than Wizard.
Druid can quad and port like wizards can.
Druid is easy to raid with like Wizards are.

On top of this Druids can solo more loot camps (even stuff like Sirenís Grotto and PoM) than wizard. They also have animal charm which makes for more fun leveling options. They can harmony and are able to powerlevel others. Itís not a complicated class.

You wonít be popular in groups but better than wizard and you wonít ĒneedĒ a VP key for some important item (like Wizard Rend Robe and Flames of Ro staff).
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-2023, 05:01 PM
tadkins tadkins is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid.

Druid has an easier Epic than Wizard.
Druid can quad and port like wizards can.
Druid is easy to raid with like Wizards are.

On top of this Druids can solo more loot camps (even stuff like Sirenís Grotto and PoM) than wizard. They also have animal charm which makes for more fun leveling options. They can harmony and are able to powerlevel others. Itís not a complicated class.

You wonít be popular in groups but better than wizard and you wonít ĒneedĒ a VP key for some important item (like Wizard Rend Robe and Flames of Ro staff).
Druids are cool, for sure. It's probably the second class in the game I've had some success on. It's got a lot of what I like, and if I go human I can even pretend I'm a nature mage with a robe.

I think the only things that really turned me off to druid and put wizard at #1 were their inability to hang out in evil areas, and just due to the sheer population of them on the server. Like right now...

/who all server count: 869
/who all druid count: 134

Definitely lose all sense of uniqueness as a druid.

Might still give it another try one day though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.