Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Aviak

I love these stories. Sometimes a rough death or CR is frustrating, but it's nice to be playing a real game that will kick your ass for mistakes.

Had a friend on live who fell asleep in his Unrest group and was bound at the zoneline INSIDE... he woke up with a million corpses and missing like 7 levels.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a n00b, I had no idea to *not* bind in the fire giant hall leading up to Naggy.

It was a swell number of 'loop deaths' that night [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 bro.....+1

I'm not sure how it even happened but a GM came and stopped the madness after about 5 levels lost and helped me out. I just remember NOOO!!!! LOADING...PLEASE WAIT NOOOOO!!!! LOADING...PLEASE WAIT NOO!!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Drowning to death in two feet of water in Rivervale as a noob back in October because I didn't know to zoom in.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drowning to death in two feet of water in Rivervale as a noob back in October because I didn't know to zoom in.
You sure you was not just trying to "off" yourself from listening to that damned hafling town music?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishahouse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 bro.....+1

I'm not sure how it even happened but a GM came and stopped the madness after about 5 levels lost and helped me out. I just remember NOOO!!!! LOADING...PLEASE WAIT NOOOOO!!!! LOADING...PLEASE WAIT NOO!!!!!
Swisha wasnt it you that came to loot a piece in Kedge while i was soloing and zoned out into nothing but grey?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My best(on live) was one of our first AoW kills, maybe even our first ever. I was buffing like mad and our pullers had cleared most the path. As they called they were rdy to pull, the raid lead asked for mana check, we were all mostly fine, so I tried to canni up as fast as I could...

Not watching my life as the INC msg for AoW was called, I cannied myself to death....
Any Shaman worth their salt has done this at least once. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Back in live, circa 1999, having played all of about 3 days, I hop on my buddies account with his UBER 23rd level Ranger (hehe) for a tool around Crushbone. Feeling quite invulnerable, I run into the castle, and promptly fall into the fountain/pool just inside the front door. Not having a clue how to swim, etc., I promptly drown.

ALMOST as entertaining as then calling my friend and asking him how to go about recovering his toon's corpse!

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Last edited by Aarone; 07-06-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Binding myself in the middle of Solb window camp (under the influence) because Hasbinbad just absolutely NEEEEEDED a port that very second. My group fell apart immediately after and left. I was not aware of this before I gated back.

Pretty sure I lost at least a level.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

One I heard about. Shortly after Velious came out, a few friends were playing near the Eastern Wastes/Great Divide border and decided to try to find the entrance to Kael. Some high-level caster (I think a Druid) offered to show them the way, so they all auto-followed him.

The druid went the usual way from that point, along the Eastern wall of EW to the top of the canyon leading into Kael, and levitated on down to the IZ.

The problem was that the guys auto-following him were not levitated.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

My favorite one so far that I've had on p1999:
Bound in OGGOK! Running from HHP to Paw. Right as I zone into EK I get stuck running straight and go right off the cliff... Had to get a port from feerrott to NK, go to EK run up the cliff all the way to HHP, pull corpse up, drag corpse to NK zone line for rez, then make my way to Paw.

Another notable one I had was in Phinny's room. DMF wore off, I had 2 eb items on me. I had about 10 seconds to live. I clicked one eb item. Nothing. 6 seconds to live. click the 2nd. Still nothing.... 2 seconds to live. I yell in vent WTF CLICKIES NOT WORKING EB ME! Dead. Ya come to find out I had an old spells file and clickies weren't showing correct spells and eb wasn't even working or some shit. Wish I knew that before I got a rez. I died again right after my rez, again yelling in vent to EB me. Good times...

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

My best death I think was actually in Lotro. I soloed all through the Moria expansion, and was bitching to a friend how I could not understand what all the complaints were about Moria being too hard when it first went live. Specifically I was bragging just how I had never died while leveling there at all, and just as I finish typing that I round a corner and plummet to my death in one of the many sheer abyss drops in the zone.

Needless to say I was the laughing stock of Vent for a good 20 minutes.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Closed Thread