Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Aviak

Default Another Shaman Gear Thread

So I'm still on my journey trying to find what class I enjoy playing, so this week's pick is a Shaman. I know they really don't need a whole lot of gear to be awesome, but I'm going to invest all I can. Here is what I have and some gear I'm thinking about getting. I would love any suggestions, I have another 20k or so to invest. I was thinking going half and half with wis and hp.

Ears -Have- Forest Loopx2
Fingers - Have- Platinum Fire Wedding Ring x2
Neck - Want- Glowing Bone Collar
Head - Want- Totemic Helm
Face - Have- Platinum Ruby Veil
Chest -want- Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate
Arms - Have- Jaundiced bone vambraces
Back - Have- Hooded Black Cloak
Waist - Have- Flayed Turmoilskin Belt
Shoulders - Have- Tattered Mantle
Wrists - Have- Runed Mithril Bracerx2
Legs - Have- Gatorscale Leggings
Hands - Have- Jaundiced Bone Gaunts
Feet - Have- Jaundiced Bone Boots
Primary - Have- Slime Coated Harpoon
Secondary -Have- Paw of Opolla
Range - Have- Howling Harpoons
Last edited by Huddaan; 07-16-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Kobold

Without knowing what level your shaman is, I recommend you spend your plat on an Iksar Ceremonial BP. Regen > pretty much any stats pre 50. If you're 45+, it's a JBB.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallygukRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without knowing what level your shaman is, I recommend you spend your plat on an Iksar Ceremonial BP. Regen > pretty much any stats pre 50. If you're 45+, it's a JBB.
Seriously. Stick with banded in all other slots if you have to (you won't, seeing how cheap jaundiced pieces are nowadays...I could barely sell them for 450-500, totemic is even cheaper) - but regen/jbb are pretty much the mother's milk of shaman life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Overall your setup is more than good enough. The only thing you could add that would really make a difference while leveling would be regen. However if you aren't sure if you are going to like the class I'd just stick with what you have until you figure out if you're going to keep playing the shaman.

Anyway - here are some suggestions:
-I don't know how much sabertooth amulets are going for, but Ivory imbued collars offer 4 more ac, the same wis and 10 mana, and should be pretty cheap since they drop like candy in chardok.

-For my shoulder slot I use a tattered mantle. 7 more ac and 20hp + sv disease for the price of 3 wisdom.

-I use forest loops over diamondine. I would just use whichever you already have.

- Ditch the splitpaw gloves and totemic vambraces for jaundiced. The ac is too good to pass up and those items have mediocre stats anyway.

-If you don't already have a paw of opala I might suggest saving money by getting a Charred Guardian Shield instead.

Good luck on the new toon.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Aviak

Go Kylong Gauntlets instead of Split Paw, esp pre 45. Good AC, better stats than SP or Jaundiced.

Good BP is Froglok Scale Chestplate if you're not looking to spend a ton on regen items. I would also go Tattered Mantle and Totemic Greaves.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Pretty much already said, but a regen BP and a JBB is pretty much all ya need.

You really could be naked and just have these two things and go pretty far.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Less important than JBB and regen, but still makes a difference at low level:
Go for +Mana gear instead of +Wis. Until lvl 20/25 +Mana is a lot more than +X Wis.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Aviak

I have updated what I'm going to buy. Thank you so much, all of you have been a great help!! I think I might sell the GEBs to make sure I can afford everything on the list. Any suggestions for an alternate?
Last edited by Huddaan; 07-13-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Iksar ceremonial is only what? 5hp/tick? Its fairly useless for a > 30 character. Sure its a decent low level twink item, but by the time you can loot it yourself there are better options. For a class that can already heal and regenerate even less useful. I had one on my bard back in original and never noticed the regen. Was more than happy to ditch it for something with stamina/hp.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Aviak

Any suggestions for feet besides GEBs? Also, with the economy the way it is, does anyone think it is possible to find the Iky Bp in the low 20s? I'm finding it to be difficult lol. I know they don't pop up all the time, but come on lol.
Closed Thread