Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Aviak

Swarm or no swarm, it doesn't matter. A good player will take the time to learn their class regardless of how quickly they level up. One of the best bards I have ever known swarmed to 60 in less than a month and never grouped once. Granted, he is already an EQ veteran both from Live and P99, but that would have made little difference because he is a skilled player and learns whatever class / game he plays.

Scrubs are scrubs, no matter how long they take to get to 60. Bard is just the only class that makes it easier for scrubs to actually get to 60 and being 60 is not an indication of competence... only patience.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Rasmus, the best bard back in the day on live would tell u that swarm kiting is ur best weapon.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swarm or no swarm, it doesn't matter. A good player will take the time to learn their class regardless of how quickly they level up. One of the best bards I have ever known swarmed to 60 in less than a month and never grouped once. Granted, he is already an EQ veteran both from Live and P99, but that would have made little difference because he is a skilled player and learns whatever class / game he plays.

Scrubs are scrubs, no matter how long they take to get to 60. Bard is just the only class that makes it easier for scrubs to actually get to 60 and being 60 is not an indication of competence... only patience.
Swarm kiting isn't easy to learn and certainly isn't easy to do well.

Bard is the only class that makes it easier for scrubs? Not my experience. Most of the solo classes have an easy mode solo path...my necro, shaman, and chanter were all WAY easier to lvl to 60 solo than my bard. Not even close to be honest.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

I think he's confused with fast vs easy
Old 10-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Not confused at all... swarming is stupid simple. I think you guys are confusing a small margin for error with difficult.

Collect mobs (easily the hardest part)
Round em up into a ball
Run in circle
Dot
????
XP

Once you have juked your way through the pull, picking out the mobs you want to kite, it is as easy as running in a circle and if you are half way competent the only things that will get you killed are boredom, cpu hiccups, and/or terrain glitches. Hell, I even mapped it to an XBox controller once just for gits and shiggles... actually made the whole thing a lot more comfortable, but a lot more sketchy in tight areas. Even with a switch to an entirely new control scheme and a loss of fine character control I was able to flawlessly kite 10 or so packs between FV and DL.

TL;DR Tedious =/= Difficult
Old 10-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

A small margin for error basically defines difficult...
Old 10-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Yea... that was the joke.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

So...it is tedious, but not difficult? it has a small margin of error, but isn't difficult?

I don't think you know what difficult means...by any objective measure of play Bard swarm kiting is equal or more difficult than any other exp solo tactic in EQ for any other of the "solo" classes.

If you are saying that EQ is easy, well okay I guess...that is somewhat true compared to other games, but it really has nothing to do with Bard.

PS. Programming your XBox controller to run in a circle? Really. That's evidence of cheating, not evidence of easy.
Last edited by fastboy21; 10-10-2018 at 04:31 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Banned

Once you hit lvl 54 swarming does become very easy tbh
Old 10-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Invest in a bottle of scotch. Pushing all those buttons requires it.
Closed Thread