Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 06:48 PM
Large Rat

Default IP exemption question

Hi all, a couple years ago I applied and was given an IP exemption for my brother and I to play together from my place. My question is do these have a duration and are they done based on account flags or strictly the IP? Want to play it safe where it's been a couple years like I said and also I have gotten a new modem/router since then. Also thank you all it's been a fun week back so far. So many great people on this server.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:20 PM
Large Bat

If you attempt to log both in and the exemption isn't in place, it wont allow you to log a 2nd account in, so no harm no foul.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

I strongly encourage you to petition the staff informing them you no longer need the exemption. It will prevent any mishaps and alleviate headache on their end. I know of one person who accidentally logged in twice on the same IP whom had an exemption they no longer needed. Staff immediately msged that person.

And what Doroman4215 said is true for those who don't have an exemption. You just won't be able to log into a 2nd account via the same IP.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-31-2017 at 08:59 PM..
Old 06-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Large Rat

Ah gotcha! I def plan to use it again with my brother and girlfriend if I can get her to try it out. Good to know about the no harm way of testing. I wanted to try it because I had one before but was scared of an insta ban or something of that degree.
Closed Thread