Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure I liked high level bard play. I am still confused about when to use heroic opportunities (I am assuming only in pve.) Illusionist was kind of fun but I didn't like how my pet was just a copy of myself. So far the most enjoyable class thus far has been monk. I still have more classes to try though before I decide on a main. Templar is next.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure I liked high level bard play. I am still confused about when to use heroic opportunities (I am assuming only in pve.) Illusionist was kind of fun but I didn't like how my pet was just a copy of myself. So far the most enjoyable class thus far has been monk. I still have more classes to try though before I decide on a main. Templar is next.
Didn't you start with Ranger? Sounds like they are pretty good.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can use heroic opportunities in PvP from what I remember, although its been over a year since I played.

Dirge's and Troubadours are both good classes for open world PvP, but have a higher skill cap. Similar to EQ1 bards, great ones can be gods, shit ones are free kill.

People talk about scouts being OP, but I didn't see much of that when I played. There was the occasional level locked ganker running around with max AA's and OOR buffs that could get you in a single macro of skills, but in BG's most classes I tried did well enough outside of Defiler. But I sucked at its rotation.

Taunt works in PvP as well, so tank classes can save their healers/casters and teamwork is very important.

I'll give the server a try in beta and see how it works out. But if they allow mercs, its going to be a disaster.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Conjuror/Necro pets can taunt that is why they can beat scouts pre EoF/RoK. Also scouts were super top tier when auto attacks were 60% of your dps and now its down to 20%. They will have to cast a few skills to kill instead of just 1 stun and a flurry attack proc.

Enchanter classes should live long enough to get mez's off now but we'll have to see how it is on launch...

Scouts are good but when fighting competent people they aren't faceroll like you see in the old PvP videos.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

mercs didnt come in the game till much later, wont be on the server for years. also please consider game will start with cap of 50 with no aa points and many class abilities removed.

also if you think conj / necro pets taunting is going to save you lol, people had tank / rogue pets out for pvp, even if taunt lands its like 2 seconds max and resistable.

old pvp videos dont matter they going with new code
Old 06-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred schnarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
old pvp videos dont matter they going with new code
I think that was his point. He was saying they took away some of the scouts dps so maybe enchanters aren't AS squishy.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Those no point in talking to schnarf about this. It is obvious in his replies he never played EQ2 for more than a month if that.

I look forward to seeing scouts taunted by pets then feared/rooted then stunned then re snared then taunted again and dieing. Scouts are squishy as hell and if they get CCed they are dead without in combat evac as an option.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

when I played last heroic opportunities were a forgotten feature, did something change?
Old 06-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

If they have beastlords in either me or my bro will be one for sure, Votek will rise again first max lvl BL on SZ evil team!

Otherwise I'm thinking paladin, inquisitor or bruiser. Maybe a zerker.

Hopefully itemization wise it goes back to classic when crafted gear was the shit and everybody wanted it, at least early on.

Hopefully they didn't dick with the spell/ability system later on either, the whole idea of buying spell/ability upgrades was pretty awesome. I had a twinked out necro for lowbie pvp decked out with master I spells it was fun as hell.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
troub is a hard class to learn well in pvp. Dirge is even harder and at times can be considered the worst pvp class untill RoK comes out.