Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had a hard time understanding your posts about this topic. Can you explain it to me like I'm an absolute moron, why you are so satisfied with this
In my mind, gaming peaked in the HL1 era with profligate modding, user control and license to use the games however they wanted, games where gameplay reigned supreme (for instance the movement in HL1 engine [quake] with the insane fun, but very skillful bunnyhopping, where you could just hop back and forth in the game's warped physics for hours and have fun). As gaming's appeal grew to the TV audience a number of trends grew, like games-as-movies-but-with-AWFUL-writing (mgs is fine), rigid movement in FPS, games which are deliberately not moddable, PAID MODS, every game releasing in an incomplete state, loot crates, console-PC cross-releases standing in for the major PC releases of the year. Every step of the way, the consumer abetted the degeneration of our collective future.

So the normies and their complete lack of standards killed gaming. There have been dozens of Games Of The Year that are completely unplayable garbage, for a dozen+ years. There hasn't been a big-budget game to succeed HL, System Shock, Doom, Quake in like 2 decades. Nobody is interested in modding and all of the communities of bright, creative gamers I used to love are gone, their replacements totally devolved and low-IQ. The future of gaming will never be what it could have been, or even catch up to what gaming once was. I'm mad about it, and am comically taking a perverse pleasure in the suffering of the consumers who made it happen. Nobody who is awake to what has happened would have pre-ordered this pile of shit or bought it before being warned that it's awful, see.

It's a comic take because in the end, it is not the herd's behavior, which is immutable, but the market system and the focus on financialization of the last 30 years which destroyed art in our civilization. I should pity the consumer but the humor comes in taking it out on his collective foolishness.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 12-19-2020 at 08:04 PM..
Old 12-19-2020, 08:01 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Banned

Is Cyberpunk 2077 an RPG?
Old 12-21-2020, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2020, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry you don't have a powerful enough pc to play good game
Old 12-21-2020, 05:58 AM
Banned

Found the Bioshock fan.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how I feel too.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:32 PM
Banned

Old 12-21-2020, 01:24 PM
Kobold

I found baldurs gate 3 early access to be a much more polished and overall better experience than cyberpunk
Old 12-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Banned

Adam Sessler reviews Cyberpunk 2077.

G4TV is supposedly coming back in 2021 and its rumored Adam will be with them. If true I hope they do it smart this time, devolving into reruns of CampusPD, Cheaters and COPS on a technology channel is what happened last time.
Closed Thread