Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarleon8503 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are my personal suggestions for buyable upgrades for fair prices. I will include some higher end items too. Your gear is good enough to get 60 though, I agree with the above statements.

loam arms -- Gatorscale sleeves - runs 250pp - 300pp (if you need some extra HP)
lizard scale belt -- Crystalline silk belt - Runs about 2k
golden efreeti boots -- Coldain skin boots - Runs about 2k
dire wolf hide cape -- Iksar hide cape -- Runs about 3-4k
loam leggings -- Astral Leggings of the titans runs just under 1k
harvester -- Tome of the eternal, Roklys channeling crystal, or Ornate Rune shield -- 600pp - 1.2k
dagger of marnek -- Iksar hide manual or Frozen orb -- both around 500-650pp
If you have the money boneshear or Eye of Narandi are nice range slots for 8-10k.

The rest of the items I left out I am having a hard time thinking of fairly available tradable upgrades. Maybe Shaii'din Revenant bauble for ears, but that is really it.

Good luck to you!
im mostly farming plat and levelling is on the side. ive had my eye on the iksar hide cape and sickly glowing orb for a while now. the other suggestions are great and i appreciate everyone that took the time to reply.

im kind of torn between what i want to do. the next step in upgrades is a massive price jump. something like crystalline belt to brells girdle or bone clasped girdle. is a crazy high spike in price

all of your suggestions on their own arent huge upgrades but add up to be an overall pretty significant boost in hp and mana. like the coldain skin boost. +1 in and 35 more mana. combine that with the iksar hide cape and suddenly thats +100 extra mana. the only way i can further upgrade is by raiding or paying boat loads of plat for other upgrades like hierophants cloak, bone clasped girdle, orb of the infinite void, crimson robe of alendine.
Last edited by brokenpromise; 11-09-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Old 11-09-2021, 09:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah I was like, damn these kids these days are way better than I was back when I started playing this game.

Nice set of gear for a 37 year old necro OP!
ive been following the making plat while leveling guide on the wiki. no idea what i wouldve done without it. its a godsend. i literally wouldnt even be able to afford spells without it. ive been farming plat and collecting gear since i started.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Make sure you have 15-20k banked by the time you get into your late 50s so you can buy your Emissary of Thule pet and other high end spells right away.

And honestly...you could just not buy any gear at all. Get 60 w/ a mostly complete spell book and then use all your extra monies to fund your future full-twinked melee alt (I recommend fungi + T staff + epic-at-46 monk).

The gear you really want for the necro is available via DKP. (VP staff, PD robe, ikky cloak, white dragonscale boots, Z heart, velk ring / wrist, etc)
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-09-2021 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Oh yeah! And I would recommend a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows. They are quite high in price now - pry 50k-60k.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

I'm working on a guide for gearing midlevel casters, this is where I am up to so far:

(click spoiler)

=Gear Critique and Where to Improve=

General caster advice is given first, then further info is given for each caster class further down the page.

==GENERAL ADVICE:==

You should level first and worry about gear later (especially as a caster) ... IF you want to get powerful as quickly as possible.

But ultimately it's a game and you should do what's fun for you.

[https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...66&postcount=3 -Loramin]

If you plan on raiding I would start working towards 90/100 SV Magic/Fire/Cold. You can either buy resist jewellery or start hunting for SV items.

[https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...63&postcount=2 -TheBlob]

==ENCHANTER:==

==MAGICIAN:==

==NECROMANCER:==

Make sure you have 15-20k banked by the time you get into your late 50s so you can buy your Emissary of Thule pet and other high end spells right away.

And honestly...you could just not buy any gear at all. Get 60 w/ a complete spell book and then use all your extra monies to fund your future full-twinked melee alt (I recommend fungi monk).

The gear you really want for the necro is much more efficiently "purchased" via DKP. (VP staff, Z heart, velk ring / wrist, etc)

[https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=13 -Toxigen]

Necros can level to 60 naked.

;[[:Category:Necromancer Equipment | Necromancer Equipment]]

Can go slot by slot and sort by int / mana / hp and figure out what else you could get.

[https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...73&postcount=5 -Toxigen]

==WIZARD:==

Unpublished, but suggestions welcome.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

your gear is very good for your level already. that said, here are some tips (but feel free not to follow the advice, it's a game and you do whats fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

im giving this advice based on what i'd do if i were in your shoe if i had the knowledge of where i am right now (lv60 almost BIS in a raiding guild) , eg if i could start from lv37 again.

the advice is based on the assumption that you will be joining a high end raiding guild and will be aiming to equip yourself with BIS/near BIS items

- dont bother with phenocryst focus (buy sickly glowing orb)
- i wouldnt bother with shawl quest (quest is bloody timeconsuming). when you're level 53+, hunt for wurm lord shawl in skyshrine instead, or do the strength of elements quest. another alternative is the quest from posky (bloodoaked raiment)
- yes, set your sights on getting prenerf COS as soon as possible. cant stress this enough. one of the very few items in the game that will always steadily go up in value and is very very very very useful
- yes, work on the dizok ring quest. ring 1 is decent, and winning the angry goblin roll can either get you ring 2, or you can sell the MQ for a lot of money
- as soon as you are level 46, and if you have around 30kpp, set your aim to quest Maleficent Robe from plane of mischief. this is the 3rd best robe for a necro in the game (after salvarae and robe of azure sky). it has 100 hp
- ayillish talisman (6 neck) can be purchased for 5kpp if you can find a seller (auction in blue discord or in the forums). this is one of the best value for money purchase you can buy for 5kpp. the neck is near BIS
- more expensive, but useful items that you will most likely wear for a very long time: orb of infinite void (18k secondary), hierophants cloak (18k back), hammered golden hoop (75hp 8 sta 5svm earring which i personally use. costs maybe 6-7k for the loot right)
- zlandicar heart (180k?) will also last you a lifetime. i use this 99% of the time even though i have epic. it's too useful to not be worn all the time
Old 11-09-2021, 02:52 PM
Banned

don't worry about gear upgrades

instead focus on farming a crap ton of plat for your spells

if you plan on raiding try to get MR and resist gear

as well raid consumables

but at the moment, your gear is perfectly

unless you really want to deck him up, then save for maybe a spirit wracked cord MQ

or starting your coldain ring quests

necros are kinda like shamans where health items are extremely helpful and awesome

unless you are raiding, it be pretty tough to get 255 int maxed out

so it be nice to just focus on raw stats like +hp and +mana
Old 11-10-2021, 10:19 PM
Banned

Those gloves are at least 4k on green. Robe is as well I think

That would take me hundreds of hours farming in the best spots I know of at that level. You must know some good spots or have lots of time or both

Care to share which spots? And by spots I mean RMT sites

Just messing, nice work tho

Quote:
ayillish talisman (6 neck) can be purchased for 5kpp if you can find a seller (auction in blue discord or in the forums). this is one of the best value for money purchase you can buy for 5kpp. the neck is near BIS
Value for money? Amulet of insight, 200pp, 3neck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-10-2021 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-11-2021, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

Get naked.
Get bonechips.

Go level. Gear is irrelevent.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those gloves are at least 4k on green. Robe is as well I think

That would take me hundreds of hours farming in the best spots I know of at that level. You must know some good spots or have lots of time or both

Care to share which spots? And by spots I mean RMT sites

Just messing, nice work tho

Value for money? Amulet of insight, 200pp, 3neck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive been farming the same place since level 20. paineel guards. its very boring and very time consuming but i really like to get pre raid BiS slot gear. i did treants for a while in south karana but theres no bank. theres a bank in paineel and i can sell there. its very convenient but also very time consuming. ive been threatening to grind xp til 44-49 and then get back to farming
Closed Thread