Paladin 1 0.97%
Shadow Knight 3 2.91%
Warrior 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kick the druid
This applies to nearly all EQ scenarios
Old 12-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW

Horrified that a Server GM would chime in with "kick the druid."
So, apparently this group is going to be doing little more than parking in one dungeon for the duration of their play on p99. Gods forbid they should want to relocate and simply have one of their own group facilitate that move.

And a well-played druid is a very useful member of - yes, even a group.
Hasn't it been argued in other threads that druids are just about the most capable solo farmer in the Plane of Mischief? Which points to a druid's worth and power in "outdoor" zones, even ones which are dungeons.

Harmony? Ridiculously powerful. Charm an animal pet? People forget druids can do that and probably forget how many animals are out there. Kite? (Dead enchanter... someone needs to fill the cc gap)

Sure, druids may not be the first choice for filling a slot in a group, and most players don't play druid (or any class, for that matter <cough> THAT well) but for a GM to disparage any class just because it is that class... I'm disgusted.

Too many healers with Cleric, Shaman & Druid. Needed some more melee DPS to balance out the group.

Boxing = Perma Ban
Old 12-07-2021, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Kick the Druid, pick up a necromancer and then add in a monk for maximum fun. The mana will be flowing like the salmon of Capistrano
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-07-2021, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah if you really want ports, Wizard would be better than Druid in this group to help DPS a bit better (unless you are in an area where the druid can charm a beefy animal). Wizard could also TP to planes if your group wanted to kill PoH trash. With Ench the Wizard will have mana regen. If the last slot was filled with bard/necro the Wizard would be quite happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tbh with that makeup, as the shaman I would feel super redundant and hate my life.

Unless you had AoE slow and then made the enchanter feel useless, but at least they could focus on pet DPS

At least as the druid I'd be like WOO DPS THIS IS FUN!
With this setup you would want Ench to focus on pet/crowd control. That way the Shaman can do all of the slowing. Depending on how many mobs your group is chewing through slowing is quite mana intensive, so it is better for the Shaman to do it anyway with Torp. In this group the Shaman would probably be doing some DPS as well, DoTing or spamming Epic/JBB.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-07-2021 at 12:45 PM..
Old 12-07-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW

So, apparently this group is going to be doing little more than parking in one dungeon for the duration of their play on p99. Gods forbid they should want to relocate and simply have one of their own group facilitate that move.

And a well-played druid is a very useful member of - yes, even a group.
Hasn't it been argued in other threads that druids are just about the most capable solo farmer in the Plane of Mischief? Which points to a druid's worth and power in "outdoor" zones, even ones which are dungeons.

Harmony? Ridiculously powerful. Charm an animal pet? People forget druids can do that and probably forget how many animals are out there. Kite? (Dead enchanter... someone needs to fill the cc gap)

Sure, druids may not be the first choice for filling a slot in a group, and most players don't play druid (or any class, for that matter <cough> THAT well) but for a GM to disparage any class just because it is that class... I'm disgusted.
lol someone mains a druid
Old 12-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
WOW

So, apparently this group is going to be doing little more than parking in one dungeon for the duration of their play on p99.

Goodness, try not to get triggered so easily.

Personally I’m grateful that we have GMs that engage with the community. So what if you don’t agree with his opinion?
Old 12-07-2021, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Bard pulling is really great stuff, they have their own CC, however a monk fits into this quite nicely.

I vote bard!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 12-07-2021, 07:30 PM
Orc

Add a necro and find a place where they can charm along with the Enc. The group would gain massive DPS and defense at the same time. Underrated choice.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Large Bat

add wizard
Old 12-25-2021, 06:16 AM
Large Bat

This was interesting to read, as I am said druid in the group.
The group was originally Warrior, Rogue, Cleric,Chanter,Druid .
In that case I was thinking more back up heals/D's/ and port as it is a static group that only plays together a few hours a week. The rogue had to leave and we picked up a shaman.
If the group had started with a shaman I would of 100% been a monk.
Closed Thread