Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what if the common man has been duped by propaganda which is pumped 24/7, has been intentionally left uneducated and unable to see through said propaganda. Has been convinced to support causes that directly contradict their own self interest through manufactured grievance and controversies on said 24/7 propaganda?

Yeah, thats whats going on. The policies of the left have always by and large been targeted at helping the lower and middle class.

The policies of the right... oh wait, there are none... only misdirected anger, and opposition to supporting the policies meant to help the lower and middle class.

Please give me an example of a current GOP policy platform which would actually make your life and livelihood better, Ill wait.
Haha yeah firing truckers if they don't get a completely unproven and impotent vaccine with no long term safety data sure is sticking up for the working class!

All the red states had much better unemployment rates and in most cases way lower covid death rates during the pandemic. It's not even close. If that doesn't clearly demonstrate a deficiency with left wing governance, I'm not sure what will.

It's the most arrogant fucking attitude ever btw to be like "See, I WANT to support those truckers, but they're so dumb and uneducated, unlike me, that they're voting against their own interests! (I really hate that cliche btw)"!! Many educated people are fuckin morons, especially given the state of modern higher ed outside of like highly disciplined STEM fields. That's not some kind of unassailable credential anymore.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha yeah firing truckers if they don't get a completely unproven and impotent vaccine with no long term safety data sure is sticking up for the working class!

All the red states had much better unemployment rates and in most cases way lower covid death rates during the pandemic. It's not even close. If that doesn't clearly demonstrate a deficiency with left wing governance, I'm not sure what will.

It's the most arrogant fucking attitude ever btw to be like "See, I WANT to support those truckers, but they're so dumb and uneducated, unlike me, that they're voting against their own interests! (I really hate that cliche btw)"!! Many educated people are fuckin morons, especially given the state of modern higher ed outside of like highly disciplined STEM fields. That's not some kind of unassailable credential anymore.
Yeah, calling people dumb is dicey because they have to be just barely dumb enough to still not be considered disadvantaged by it, but not so dumb where calling them dumb becomes ableism. Because ableism is a thing now, apparently, at least it’s a new thing people have discovered to be offended about. Implying that someone is more able-bodied (and our brain is just a part of our body) than another is discriminatory

Also, if equity truly is a thing, and in the left’s utopia it is, then those truckers should be making the exact same amount of money as a Harvard grad aeronautical engineer. Because to be truly equitable, everyone regardless of their intelligence or education should end up the same in life
Old 02-10-2022, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

@Trexller

Here is one of "your team" punching a rotten tree
https://twitter.com/madcawdisease/st...gKYqLdVbhz7w-A
Old 02-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Propaganda is a powerful drug my friend.

Please provide the GOP policies which will improve the daily lives of Americans. Not providing this will only prove my point to be true.

The GOP's platform is to misdirect and dupe the "common folk" and unfortunately many have fallen for it.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if equity truly is a thing, and in the left’s utopia it is, then those truckers should be making the exact same amount of money as a Harvard grad aeronautical engineer. Because to be truly equitable, everyone regardless of their intelligence or education should end up the same in life
Not if you are too lazy to go to school, study, put in the hard work to learn a highly technical skill (because many Americans "hate school"). I dont know anyone on the left that doesn't think hard work and learning a skill deserves a higher reward than those who dont. We aren't communists as you've been led to believe.

Also, many truckers make more than many college educated people. My buddy pulls down $80k per year easy. More than I make.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You mean the supply chain issues that have been going on for nearly a year?
Truckers been flexin' for awhile now.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not if you are too lazy to go to school, study, put in the hard work to learn a highly technical skill (because many Americans "hate school"). I dont know anyone on the left that doesn't think hard work and learning a skill deserves a higher reward than those who dont. We aren't communists as you've been led to believe.

Also, many truckers make more than many college educated people. My buddy pulls down $80k per year easy. More than I make.
So if I want to work at McDonald’s all my life, have no drive or ambition to better my education or skillset, and live a quality of life in America that is better than 90% of planet earth, yet only make $12/hour, is that fair?

Doesn’t the left’s version of fair mean people should make enough to some arbitrary standard of living regardless of their “laziness”?
Old 02-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...I would be hanging out with the truckers. I would be making friends, seeing how I could help people out. I have real good earplugs, noise don't bother me. I mean I can always drive 20 mins out and go to a park and relax and watch the polar bears play with the seals and the huskies and eskimos or whatever.

What I love about this entire thing is that it completely shows the ideological bankruptcy of the left.

The left is supposed to care about the common man. The worker. The fucking proletariat!

Not one! Not a single one has come out with anything but condemnation. As a matter of fact a sworn die-hard leftist drove his truck into the protest hoping to injure people https://nypost.com/2022/02/08/canada...david-zegarac/ because the left is smearing the truckers as instruments of far right fascism.

A man scrawled a swastika over a the Canadian flag as a protest. When you do that you obviously mean your country is turning into a fascist state. But Trudeau has mentioned the swastika flag a dozen times, in every speech. He knows what the swastika was, what it meant on that flag, but he will twist that keep repeating it over and over to smear the workers, the common people. Why? It's what leftist do now because the hunger for power is overwhelming and authority cannot be challenged.

Here is a picture of some people waving a swastika around:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These fucking fascist scum are protesting the US bombing Cambodia in the early 70s. Ha ha I'm kidding they're high school students and they're not fascists, they're obviously making a political statement by transposing a swastika over the American flag to denote their belief that the country they love is turning into an authoritarian state.

This is the exact same thing a lone individual did at the truck protest. But of course that means the truckers are all right-wing Nazis. Trudeau is not stupid, he is perfectly well aware of that, of the history of protests, what defacing a flag means. But he will stand there and incite people to drive cars into crowds with his lies.

Who the fuck supports the left? I mean they shit on the working people like it's going out of style. They hate business, they hate conservatives, they hate the working people, they fucking hate everyone not exactly like them. Who are they trying to appeal to, children and the retarded? Is that going to work long term?
Is this consistent with blaming Joey B for bare shelves and price rises?
Old 02-10-2022, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I want to work at McDonald’s all my life, have no drive or ambition to better my education or skillset, and live a quality of life in America that is better than 90% of planet earth, yet only make $12/hour, is that fair?

Doesn’t the left’s version of fair mean people should make enough to some arbitrary standard of living regardless of their “laziness”?
Your premise is flawed: no one "wants" to work at McDonalds their whole life making $12/hr. They simply have no options to improve their own well-being, and the left is the only party trying to change that.

What party is advocating $15/hr for that worker? What party is trying to make a 2 yr college degree the standard?

It certainly isnt the GOP, and as a matter of fact, the GOP and their big business allies are the ones using scare tactics to say that $15/hr is too hard of a burden on business owners, or will raise the price of a Big Mac by $0.50.

Smoke and mirrors dude, people gotta see through it
Old 02-10-2022, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

And no, keeping the minimum wage at $7.50/hr is not fair. The policies of the left are whole-heartedly behind developing a minimum standard of living, while also promoting education and development of human capital. The push for $15/hr is a representation of that. The push for free 2 year education is a representation of that (giving people an avenue to improve upon that $15/hr, if they so choose).

Are we now trying to conflate that belief with communism or some socialized "everyone should make the same amount of money regardless of education and development of high demand skillsets"?
Closed Thread