Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what do the workers you say 'should' have to live with roommates trade?
Nothing? Not following u here
Old 02-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Banned

Holding ppl hostage or allowing others to hold people hostage is always going to end badly.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mentioned $7, minimum wage in my state is $12.80. So you said that people who are “lazy” deserve less money because we aren’t communists, but also enough money to live comfortably and independently because we aren’t communists

That’s my point, the left has some arbitrary standard of living, despite the fact that even the poor in America are living more comfortably than 90% of the planet. And this standard of living varies depends on who you ask. And we are going to use daddy government to enforce that standard of living for everyone

Federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr. Some states have raised it, such as yours (states rights). Other states, such as mine, still has it set to $7.25.

So for context, we will go by the lowest common denominator which is $7.25 (I had mistakenly said $7.50)
Old 02-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m all for equality of opportunity, just not of outcome
Nobody is and if you've been led to believe that (or of that opinion) I am sorry, but you are mistaken.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nothing? Not following u here
You understood the same question a moment ago about yourself. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What are they trading for survival?
Old 02-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

America is the land of opportunity, not of handouts.

The problem is that we see increasing barriers to that opportunity because politicians (and right wing media) choose to portray those opportunities as handouts.

Not raising the $7.25 federal minimum wage is one of them (not raised since 2009).

Opposing lower tuition prices or free 2 year education for all is one of them.

Opposing universal pre-K education is one of them.

Opposing Medicare negotiating drug prices is one of them.

The list goes on and on....

Raising people out of poverty and giving them opportunity comes in many different forms and if people can just step away from their self-centric perspective, turn off the opinion shows, they would see the many indirect benefits to everyone: lower crime, lower substance abuse/suicide rates, higher GDP, higher consumer spending, responsible decision making, better economy/investment return rates, etc etc

I would totally pay $0.50 more on a Big Mac if it means I get $1 back in indirect returns...
Last edited by walfreyydo; 02-10-2022 at 03:01 PM..
Old 02-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

maybe the truckers are not leaving because really theyre being organized by soros to create more disruptions in infrastructure and supply so the collapse and communist rabble takeover happens sooner.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem is that we see increasing barriers to that opportunity because politicians (and right wing media) choose to portray those opportunities as handouts.

Not raising the $7.25 federal minimum wage is one of them (not raised since 2009).

Raising people out of poverty and giving them opportunity comes in many different forms and if people can just step away from their self-centric perspective, turn off the opinion shows, they would see the many indirect benefits to everyone: lower crime, higher GDP, higher consumer spending, etc etc
If you think about it, this is the first goverment on earth managed by the people.

And yet for some reason the people are getting fucked.

Are people fucking horrible or what.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Raising people out of poverty and giving them opportunity comes in many different forms and if people can just step away from their self-centric perspective, turn off the opinion shows, they would see the many indirect benefits to everyone: lower crime, lower substance abuse/suicide rates, higher GDP, higher consumer spending, responsible decision making, better economy/investment return rates, etc etc

I would totally pay $0.50 more on a Big Mac if it means I get $1 in indirect returns...
I have the impression the health/medical industry is heavily subsidized by the State. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread