Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-28-2022, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most servers had a single top guild gobbling up most content and occasionally a lesser tier guild killing random stuff they could find up and that was it.
I played on 3 servers too, Tarew Marr, Vallon Zek, and Tunare. None of them fit your description in the slightest. Though p99's 'competition' is unique, thats part of what makes it fun.

Quote:
EQ was more popular and had more subs in a time when raids were instanced than they did during the era when they weren't. .
[citation needed]
Old 02-28-2022, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on 3 servers too, Tarew Marr, Vallon Zek, and Tunare. None of them fit your description in the slightest. Though p99's 'competition' is unique, thats part of what makes it fun.

[citation needed]
Povar just had triton, i was in darkova we were #3 guild but an expansion behind
Old 02-28-2022, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

I remember TMO, order of redemption and realm of ages I think it was? I was a newb though, didn't really raid till later. Later on I remember like severed and some other guild, maybe night of vengeance or defenders of Akanon.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[citation needed]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQu..._subscriptions

Quote:
Subscription numbers would rise to over 500,000 active accounts four years after release in 2003.[3] By the end of 2004 the title's lifetime sales exceeded 3 million copies worldwide[68] and reached an active subscriber peak of 550,000.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2022, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

When did instanced raids start? It was after I quit.

Still, 500k during LoY/LDoN (which was basically still PoP era) is pretty impressive.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

People are doing mental gymnastics in this thread. If EQ had more subscribers during expansions that had instanced raiding... that is contributed to a meriad of different things such as, Computer/internet availability (It was pretty niche to have a computer good enough to run EQ in 1999-2001) and overall online gaming popularity.

Not because the raid zones were fucking instances dude. Like what are we even talking about????? 98% of everquest players back in the day hardly raided, let alone to the poop sock level of it mattering if the zones were instanced or not.

Can we get back on topic?
Old 03-01-2022, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Trakanon should be a DPS race.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are doing mental gymnastics in this thread. If EQ had more subscribers during expansions that had instanced raiding... that is contributed to a meriad of different things such as, Computer/internet availability (It was pretty niche to have a computer good enough to run EQ in 1999-2001) and overall online gaming popularity.

Not because the raid zones were fucking instances dude. Like what are we even talking about????? 98% of everquest players back in the day hardly raided, let alone to the poop sock level of it mattering if the zones were instanced or not.

Can we get back on topic?
Real raids weren't instanced until GoD, anyway. Game sucked by then.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real raids weren't instanced until GoD, anyway. Game sucked by then.
omens was good and after god
Old 03-01-2022, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQu..._subscriptions

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought Brad said 550k was during Luclin