Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-14-2022, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Default Spawn timer change suggestion

Hi guys,

Just want to make a slight suggestion. When we played classic in 1999 and such servers weren't top heavy, important epic spawns weren't camped 24/7 with LR sold off for obscene plat that only exist in permanently unemployed world. But some of that is here, and part of the problem is long spawn timers on mobs that are only used for epic quests.

I've started on Enchanter epic, fairly useless epic, just for fun mostly to see if I can haste guild during raids mana free (it has no other value really). Quickly found out that Verina and Vessel are perma camped and their LR are sold for very high amounts. It's not classic experience to pay ransom to high level guilds to complete a quest that your own guild can do. And a fix for this would be simple, make their re-spawn only few hours instead of several days. This would make it possible to actually get for others. And I'm sure same can be said for other epic mobs for other classes that likely have exact same problem.

I really don't get why people take a fan server so ultra seriously that they no life that stuff, none of this matters, it won't pay bills, or feed family, it's just nostalgia and entertainment that few awesome dudes brought back to us free of charge out of passion dev hours. It doesn't need to be that silly competitive.

Just feedback.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

You're gonna be attacked for this, but you're 100% right and unfortunately are just a minority in the community with this view.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

Just want to make a slight suggestion. When we played classic in 1999 and such servers weren't top heavy, important epic spawns weren't camped 24/7 with LR sold off for obscene plat that only exist in permanently unemployed world. But some of that is here, and part of the problem is long spawn timers on mobs that are only used for epic quests.

I've started on Enchanter epic, fairly useless epic, just for fun mostly to see if I can haste guild during raids mana free (it has no other value really). Quickly found out that Verina and Vessel are perma camped and their LR are sold for very high amounts. It's not classic experience to pay ransom to high level guilds to complete a quest that your own guild can do. And a fix for this would be simple, make their re-spawn only few hours instead of several days. This would make it possible to actually get for others. And I'm sure same can be said for other epic mobs for other classes that likely have exact same problem.

I really don't get why people take a fan server so ultra seriously that they no life that stuff, none of this matters, it won't pay bills, or feed family, it's just nostalgia and entertainment that few awesome dudes brought back to us free of charge out of passion dev hours. It doesn't need to be that silly competitive.

Just feedback.
"Paying a ransom". I don't think I've heard a better explanation than this. There's nothing classic about this behavior but I expect the neckbeards will be in here with torches and pitchforks saying differently
Old 03-14-2022, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

You're right of course
Old 03-14-2022, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

Just feedback.
People need plat in this game. Due to the scarcity and utility of those mobs, it became a cash camp. It's a means to an end. If people weren't constantly rolling new enchanters and seeking epics for them there would be no market. Blue has a healthy population and in order to enjoy that you need to cope with the reality that scarcity is amplified.

I have never camped those mobs nor do I ever plan on it, but the fact that there is so much value in them is what makes me enjoy p99 blue/green so much. I think anyone can appreciate your concerns, but it sort of comes with the territory. You can go on red and find these mobs up all the time because nobody cares about that server, or you can stay here and fight for your piece of the pie and enjoy the rewards that much more. I empathize with your situation, nevertheless.
Last edited by karadin; 03-14-2022 at 03:04 PM..
Old 03-14-2022, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Very good posy and you are mostly right.

I don't agree that respawns should be every few hours. I think instead epic LR selling should be banned. If you don't need it for your epic then don't camp it
Old 03-14-2022, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Really if they just ended MQ but that's 'classic' so they wont even if it brings out literally the worst in most people the absolute greed.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

you cant mq the ench epic, the enchanters create the demand by buying em.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really if they just ended MQ but that's 'classic' so they wont even if it brings out literally the worst in most people the absolute greed.
Meanwhile xp quests are the furthest from classic I've seen on any server
Old 03-14-2022, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Verina is usually up nowadays tbh on Blue. I've seen it sitting alive after a quake or naturally spawned for hours(or I'm just lucky). Best bet is to just create a level 1 DE and park it at her spawn point and log it in everytime you start/end an EQ session.. that's how I got mine.

Feyenu(sp) use to sell em a bunch at a reasonable price, but I don't see them online much... VD is definitely a poopsock still though, you'll need a friend or two to help you get it the moment it spawns. Is it the way it should be..? Prolly not but as others posted scarcity and the long journey kinda makes it worthwhile.