Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 02:43 AM
Kobold

Default Shout Out to Fellow Weekend Warriors!

Let’s hear it for the bartenders! The servers! Hospitality! The factory workers! Delivery services! Uber Drivers!

The struggle is real my friends, but there’s no shame in working hard for your money. And rest assured, even if know one else is willing to acknowledge your lived experience. You can count on me. I know all to well what it’s like to have Mondays off. Or Tuesdays. While grinding away at work straight through Friday and Saturday.

I know those privileged few in control of “6 out of 7 guilds” simply can’t fathom what’s it’s like to go above and beyond a M-F 9-5 day job to make ends meet.

3342E6B5-C253-45C6-9923-FC7290FA609B.jpg

But don’t blame them to quickly. I’m sure they’ve simply been ignorant to your circumstances. Surely with this post your guild leaders will quickly change course.

80220D68-148D-4718-B5F2-6408B53C6922.jpg

A callous tone can often slip from even the most careful tongue. But don’t judge this dude too harshly just yet. The goal of the draft is to allow more guilds and players a chance to experience more content on p99? It would be shamelessly hypocritical then to treat members of these same guilds, those who work weekends, as pariahs.

Point blank: y’all are worthy and deserving of enjoying a rare chance to schedule a draft mob raid on an odd weekday (one of your few days off).

And I’m sure your guild leaders will soon agree!

9F81DED5-1C76-405F-8826-0CE676C7A962.jpg

(Forgive them, they just hadn’t thought it through yet).
Old 12-29-2021, 11:20 AM
Banned

mad about pixels
(LOL)
Old 12-29-2021, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Another concern post from Grumph. He is just so concerned you guys.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-29-2021, 11:33 AM
Aviak

huh? i dont really know wat you are talking about dude...
Old 12-29-2021, 12:05 PM
Banned

I’ve personally always believed there are far more casual than hardcore players on P99. It just doesn’t appear that way because so many of them log in rarely. Keep in mind that casual means “anyone not hardcore”, so that includes someone who only logs in on the weekends, someone who only logs in every other week, someone who only logs in 1-2 times a month, and everyone in between

In every other MMO in history, there has always been more casual than hardcore players. If it’s a MMO’s goal to make money, then it is a stupid business decision to cater more to hardcore players. The only games in my opinion where this doesn’t apply are collectible card games, because these games often have a “the sky is the limit” for benefits for money spent. This means just a handful of rich whales can be spending an amount of money 10-50+x as much as casuals. But for every other game, catering mostly to hardcore players desires spells the doom of your game, financially

Of course P99 is not trying to make money, so they can cater to whoever they want. Just pointing out us casuals are the bigger force on this server, numbers-wise. You just don’t see us online as often, so you have the perception there are more hardcores. But we are the silent majority

Also, four 10 hour shifts are vastly superior to 5 eights. I would take a significant pay cut to still be able to work four 10’a and have fri-sun off in a different job rather than 5 eights
Old 12-29-2021, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

sorry you dont got career

hope this helps
Old 12-29-2021, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
It has to do with making an arrangement that works for as many people as possible and not just you
Have you considered that Vanquish consistently fields more players than the other 6 guilds combined?
Old 12-29-2021, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve personally always believed there are far more casual than hardcore players on P99. It just doesn’t appear that way because so many of them log in rarely.
At 35 years old with a family, I just dont have the time to dedicate to EQ.

EQ is one of those games that rewards you exponentially the more time you dedicate in a given play period. Its not a game you can pick up for 30 mins to an hour at a time (I mean you can, but its not nearly as effective as sinking 6 hours into a session).

Its kind of like fishing - it takes time to get set up, boat in the water, park the truck, tie the lure etc etc. It just doesnt make sense to go fishing for an hour on a boat. You need to dedicate atleast half a day for it to be worth your while.

For instance, if you are playing toon that requires a group, it could easily take 30 mins to find a group, and thats if you can find a group at your particular level.

On the extreme end, players that are willing to repeatedly dedicate 10+ hours of play time in a given session will reap the highest rewards. 10 hours 1 time is far for effective than 1 hour 10 times.

So with all that said, classic EQ is not a real life friendly game. Hence games like WOW gained more purchase with casuals due to the QOL features.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s hear it for the bartenders! The servers! Hospitality! The factory workers! Delivery services! Uber Drivers!

The struggle is real my friends, but there’s no shame in working hard for your money. And rest assured, even if know one else is willing to acknowledge your lived experience. You can count on me. I know all to well what it’s like to have Mondays off. Or Tuesdays. While grinding away at work straight through Friday and Saturday.

I know those privileged few in control of “6 out of 7 guilds” simply can’t fathom what’s it’s like to go above and beyond a M-F 9-5 day job to make ends meet.

Attachment 16498

But don’t blame them to quickly. I’m sure they’ve simply been ignorant to your circumstances. Surely with this post your guild leaders will quickly change course.

Attachment 16499

A callous tone can often slip from even the most careful tongue. But don’t judge this dude too harshly just yet. The goal of the draft is to allow more guilds and players a chance to experience more content on p99? It would be shamelessly hypocritical then to treat members of these same guilds, those who work weekends, as pariahs.

Point blank: y’all are worthy and deserving of enjoying a rare chance to schedule a draft mob raid on an odd weekday (one of your few days off).

And I’m sure your guild leaders will soon agree!

Attachment 16500

(Forgive them, they just hadn’t thought it through yet).
Sorry you are unemployed and play EQ all day.
Seek help!