Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-20-2022, 09:59 AM
Orc

Default Disappearing Custom UI Set Up

Not sure if this is the right place, but I started back up on Blue after a two-year hiatus and just finished setting my Custom UI up (using qqui casters). I logged off last night and then back this morning and the custom set up is gone and I was back on velious default. The qqui is still available in "alt-o" menu but the window location, chat windows, etc. are all back to default. I didn't mess with any files between then and now. Anyone know what's going on? Don't want to spend the time customizing everything if it's just going to be wiped out again.

(Cross-posted this on the Discord to get some extra eyes, hopefully.)
Old 02-20-2022, 11:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this is the right place, but I started back up on Blue after a two-year hiatus and just finished setting my Custom UI up (using qqui casters). I logged off last night and then back this morning and the custom set up is gone and I was back on velious default. The qqui is still available in "alt-o" menu but the window location, chat windows, etc. are all back to default. I didn't mess with any files between then and now. Anyone know what's going on? Don't want to spend the time customizing everything if it's just going to be wiped out again.

(Cross-posted this on the Discord to get some extra eyes, hopefully.)
A little more info that may help: I had the custom UI up for about a week or two before it reset. So it's not as if it hasn't stuck before. This is also, I'm pretty sure, the second time this has happened, though I'm not 100% sure. As a part of the reset, my language gets changed from common to whatever the race language is. This happened to me earlier too and I just thought it was odd and changed it back, but because I hadn't spent as much time customizing the UI, it wasn't as notable. So for some reason I'm allowed to make changes to the UI, and the game will save them for a period of time, but then for whatever reason it resets me all the way back to default.
Old 02-20-2022, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Did you install to the default directory? if so try moving your install to somewhere else such as c:\sony\everquest

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 02-21-2022, 12:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you install to the default directory? if so try moving your install to somewhere else such as c:\sony\everquest
Hey, thanks for the response.

It's currently saved exactly as you have it written, so don't think that's the problem. Some people in discord were saying I need to run as admin, so I'm giving that a shot. So far when I try to run it as admin it says it can't find the game.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

When you run as admin it starts in the c:\windows\system32 directory and Windows has no idea where to find eqgame.exe.

I've for years just found it easier to create a shortcut to run P99 here is mine as an example:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 02-27-2022, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

defaults.ini holds defaults, your UI_Tzug_P1999Green.ini or UI_Tzug_project1999.ini holds mods you have made so just save it once u got it figured elsewhere so you have backup of mods. if you change char it would change locations so can just copy paste it in other char UI_.ini files
Old 03-04-2022, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xosta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I have problems with the site, I always prefer to contact the developers, because I'm completely ignorant of codes, technologies and development. That's why magento 2 extensions[/URL] have become a great solution for me for my site, as I can easily figure it out. Plugins are easy to buy and install and start working right away.

F....... spam here now? Ew.
Last edited by Vordae; 08-16-2023 at 12:35 PM..