Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a social game and the population is really low. A new blue player can join one of several leveling guilds which all have a higher pop than the whole red server. Also the four year head start is much more difficult to overcome on a pvp server because people can wreck you, not just mobs. I think when they banned the red to blue to red plat transfers it really killed red. Blue players cant buy their way into decent gear.
Right, but there are people/guilds willing to help with starter gear, leveling, etc. We have had players transfer from blue earn full TOV gear/ST key/epic in less than 2 months of playing. How long would that take you to obtain on blue - 2 years?
Old 01-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Aviak

2 questions:

You can server transfer here?
Is it really ok to play both servers at the same time? Doesn't violate rules?
Old 01-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a social game and the population is really low. A new blue player can join one of several leveling guilds which all have a higher pop than the whole red server. Also the four year head start is much more difficult to overcome on a pvp server because people can wreck you, not just mobs. I think when they banned the red to blue to red plat transfers it really killed red. Blue players cant buy their way into decent gear.
A social game? Red is probably the most social form of EQ possible when you get yourself situated.

You constantly want to be talking to other people and making pals. Your friends are your biggest protection you have in PvP.

How many times you log into blue and theres just people soloing anything and everything? Half the people are afk in your group the entire time or fungi twinks soloing camps all by themselves.

Blue might have the population, but just because there is numbers doesn't mean its a more social experience.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A social game? Red is probably the most social form of EQ possible when you get yourself situated.

You constantly want to be talking to other people and making pals. Your friends are your biggest protection you have in PvP.

How many times you log into blue and theres just people soloing anything and everything? Half the people are afk in your group the entire time or fungi twinks soloing camps all by themselves.

Blue might have the population, but just because there is numbers doesn't mean its a more social experience.
yikes so desperate

red sucks no one here cares
Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Orc

If you're tired of the ridiculous pixel race on blue and looking for something to hold your attention longer, I highly recommend trying red. There are lots of us in Apex that would be more than happy to help level you with our PL capable high level alts or level up with you on alts we are still leveling. If you're going to stick with it and not just disappear after a little bit, we'd be happy to toss you some gear we've outgrown as well. I have a 60 cleric and 60 druid that I'd be happy to help buff/PL with if I'm around. I have a 54 enchanter and 54 necro I'd love to xp with you when you're in the 50s.

It is super easy to gear up when you start raiding with us as well - prime loot frequently goes to our alts because no mains need/want it. So you're not going to have a lot of competition gearing up early on. We're DKP based so you get what you put in - if you are someone who loves raiding and shows up to the majority of our raids, you'll accumulate dkp easily enough. Currently I'm only spending on my alts and I pretty much break even every week. I joined this guild pretty much in rags as a cleric - bronze armour, no epic - now I'm one of the best geared main clerics that still plays.

I have a 54 epic cleric on blue that sucks when compared to my red cleric. I left that character along with a 49 druid and 45ish necro on blue almost 2 years ago and haven't looked back. At the time I was in BDA when there was no lawyer questing and only BDA and TMO were raiding - it wasn't even close to the ridiculous raid scene blue has now.

It's a fun experience and for the most part everyone in the guild is chill and easy to get along with. The last thing anyone wants when trying to have fun playing a game is a bunch of annoying drama.

You just need to learn to ignore the trolls. Most of the toxic people that post on the forums here don't even play the game and haven't in ages. Ignore the bitterness and vitriol they spew on the forums and in this thread. Ignore the ones that actually play when you're playing, because they pretty much just play to grief. You have a couple choices when they try to make you log off with their deleveled ubergeared twink - call in your friends who can chase them off, or just go somewhere else that they aren't.

My friends and I that played here leveled up with the worst gear - just stuff you got from mobs - tattered leather, cloth, bronze etc. Of course these guys that had nothing better to do than ruin your night found us easy pickings. At the time I didn't really know anyone on the server to call in, so we'd just leave and go to another zone and be left alone. Just don't feed into their crap and ignore their ridiculous OOC trolling. They get bored when they don't get attention [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you're thinking of trying red and would like some buffs or other help feel free to send me a message here. I hope to see a bunch of you join us soon =)
Old 01-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordkitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just need to learn to ignore the trolls. Most of the toxic people that post on the forums here don't even play the game and haven't in ages. Ignore the bitterness and vitriol they spew on the forums and in this thread. Ignore the ones that actually play when you're playing, because they pretty much just play to grief. You have a couple choices when they try to make you log off with their deleveled ubergeared twink - call in your friends who can chase them off, or just go somewhere else that they aren't.
^ This

I came back a few months ago after a break and joined Apex in crap Kunark gear on my necro. Put in time and work with the guild, slayed dragons and pvped with my bros, and now my Paladin (yes, Paladin) has 3 primal weapons, ToV gear and just recently Gauntlets of Dragon Slaying, only two months after her conception!

Just cut the noise from the very few toxic players in /ooc and ForumQuesters and you'll find that Red can be a pretty fun server to play on with plenty of friendly people who will help get you started.

<3

P.S.

Someone tell my dad i'm looking for him.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

So, basically...pvp is horrible in eq...and it rarely happens due to low pop...but let's play on a pvp server?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

I play EQ for the social aspect and comradery. If i played on Red id see like maybe 200 people online at prime time? Maybe?

Of these 200 ive no doubt some will be twinks, some will be afk, some will be farming something somewhere. Wheres the social aspect? Other than increased xp(lets be honest 1-60 is just the beginning) what benefit does red offer? I know the whole no queues etc, but ive heard more bad things about red than blue, why waste my time?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Banned

This guild has not killed Vulak in over 2 months on an uncontested PvP server. This is a troll thread.

Move to resolved
Closed Thread