Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 08-13-2021, 01:46 PM
Toryas Toryas is offline
Orc


Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry if this exchange went over your head.
Iím sorry my point went over your head; you care too much, and very few people care about how many yellow texts youíve got or how mediocre your salary is. The fact you find the need to brag about it says it all.
  #152  
Old 08-13-2021, 01:50 PM
Twochain Twochain is offline
Fire Giant

Twochain's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sebilis
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iím sorry my point went over your head; you care too much, and very few people care about how many yellow texts youíve got or how mediocre your salary is. The fact you find the need to brag about it says it all.
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Conda. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.
__________________
60 GrandMaster <Aftermath>
Tarew Marr former <Noble Lion>
  #153  
Old 08-13-2021, 01:53 PM
Dugface Dugface is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Conda. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.
Who is Ian?
  #154  
Old 08-13-2021, 02:01 PM
condap99 condap99 is offline
Skeleton


Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iím sorry my point went over your head; you care too much, and very few people care about how many yellow texts youíve got or how mediocre your salary is. The fact you find the need to brag about it says it all.
Fail.

You don't get to claim "I care too much" for pointing out a logical fallacy made by literally 30% of this board.

Nice try though!
  #155  
Old 08-13-2021, 02:08 PM
Toryas Toryas is offline
Orc


Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fail.

You don't get to claim "I care too much" for pointing out a logical fallacy made by literally 30% of this board.

Nice try though!
Of course I can, and I can call you out on the fact youíve been asked to back up your statement and youíre yet to do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #156  
Old 08-13-2021, 02:08 PM
Bardp1999 Bardp1999 is offline
Planar Protector

Bardp1999's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Maceland
Posts: 1,358
Default

Conda confirmed poor and pizza boy
__________________
Forum Quest
Spyder73 (BANNED)
NecroP1999 (BANNED)
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 56 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
#FreeWuTang
  #157  
Old 08-13-2021, 03:03 PM
Ennewi Ennewi is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the point is pretty clear.

Every time a guild gets out played, they say the other team lives in their moms basement. Just read through the forums if you need examples. It comes up in almost every thread.

As a simple retort, I stated that I have been both very successful in FTEing dragons and in my career.

I'm sorry if this exchange went over your head.
A monk in AG used to go on and on in guild chat about how hot his girlfriend was, at one point even offering to prove it to everyone with pictures. No one solicited this information. No one required proof. Still, he kept talking about it all the same, like he needed us to believe him. If what you have is worth less to you without an audience, it isn't yours.

It's cool how often you're able to get FTEs, considering I have a grand total of one, but unless you donate to this project, the amount of money you make is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what you contribute to this game and its community. Updating the wiki, reporting bugs, etc. The point about playing a game isn't just to compete and/or cooperate. I can get a rare drop anywhere; I join a guild for the atmosphere and the attitude. If more people were this way, would your FTEs matter? Would your guild even exist?
__________________
  #158  
Old 08-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Whale biologist Whale biologist is offline
Planar Protector

Whale biologist's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 2,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is Ian?
local area network, it's a shootygame pasta
  #159  
Old 08-13-2021, 05:40 PM
unsunghero unsunghero is offline
Planar Protector

unsunghero's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 7,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condap99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the point is pretty clear.

Every time a guild gets out played, they say the other team lives in their moms basement. Just read through the forums if you need examples. It comes up in almost every thread.

As a simple retort, I stated that I have been both very successful in FTEing dragons and in my career.

I'm sorry if this exchange went over your head.
First off, having money does not = being self made. Inheritance exists, etc

Secondly, there is more to life than money. Assuming you work 40 hours a week (I know YOU personally sail around the world on a yacht getting blown by team of Scandinavian models, but for the sake of argument letís use someone who claims to be middle class, and not a lying keyboard warrior), that means no bat phones between the hours of 8am -6pm assuming normal commutes

Then thereís the other activities of daily living, such as preparing food. Taking care of oneís health by exercising. Spending time with family, and socializing IRL. How much more do you want to whittle down your bat phone availability for these activities?

If you are making a ton of money by not spending actual time working, gratz, but youíre not a good example of a healthy work gaming life balance. And if you ARE working a lot of hours AND earning tons of DKP, then something else is giving, whether thatís time with friends and family, your health, or both

Itís a simple matter of there only being so much time in a day
  #160  
Old 08-13-2021, 05:41 PM
unsunghero unsunghero is offline
Planar Protector

unsunghero's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 7,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, having money does not = being self made. Inheritance exists, etc

Secondly, there is more to life than money. Assuming you work 40 hours a week (I know YOU personally sail around the world on a yacht getting blown by team of Scandinavian models, but for the sake of argument letís use someone who claims to be middle class, and not a lying keyboard warrior), that means no bat phones between the hours of 8am -6pm week days assuming normal commutes

Then thereís the other activities of daily living, such as preparing food. Taking care of oneís health by exercising. Spending time with family, and socializing IRL. How much more do you want to whittle down your bat phone availability on the weekends for these activities?

If you are making a ton of money by not spending actual time working, gratz, but youíre not a good example of a healthy work gaming life balance. And if you ARE working a lot of hours AND earning tons of DKP, then something else is giving, whether thatís time with friends and family, your health, or both

Itís a simple matter of there only being so much time in a day
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.